Page 167 of 745 FirstFirst ... 67117157163164165166167168169170171177217267667 ... LastLast
Results 4,151 to 4,175 of 18607
    My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Kobe quitting on his team in the playoffs and then demanding a trade is third place, followed by Kobe forcing his way to the Lakers on draft day.

Board Man Comes Home Clipper Nation's Avatar
    My Team
    Los Angeles Clippers
    Post Count
    Actually, never mind. Kobe snitching on Shaq is ahead of both of those.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Did Pop disparage Duncan thru the media? I don't think so. Big difference.
    Duncan never alienated himself from the entire organization.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Actually, never mind. Kobe snitching on Shaq is ahead of both of those.
    TP smashing his teammates wife is GOAT worthy tbh

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Well he and his mom building 3 million houses each
    Argh, here we go again. Sauce?

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Duncan never alienated himself from the entire organization.
    How did Kiwi alienate himself? The whole world knows he's not much of a talker. And prior to this year he was seen as a good teammate. What changed that makes you think this?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Ha. It's always about the money.
    no one can respect what this rat is doing by boycotting his own team and killing the organization in a treacherous, cowardly, disloyal way.

the rat and his group do not have credibility at a professional level, they do not have credibility in business, they can make a fool of themselves in the history of world sport by rejecting 219m and losing 80 million.

Nobody can take you seriously when you do something like this. What are you going to ask jordan brand? they are the most re ed in the history of sports, have you decided to lose 80 million what business are you going to do?

I can not believe that finally these clowns commit suicide on a sporting, economic, money, business level.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What team in the East is gonna give the Spurs anything legit, for a 1-year rental?
    The Spurs don’t really believe he’s made up his mind to sign in LA in 2019 if all else fails. They believe it’s posturing to force a trade right now to LA that includes Deng’s contract. Unfortunately for Kawhi, Magic, and LeBron, Popovich is not an idiot. The Spurs will review the landscape in a couple of months and see who signs where. Kawhi almost certainly will never suit up in a Spurs uniform ever again, but if he wants to be a Laker, he’s going to have to play $100-$140 million for the privilege.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This is precisely what PATFO wants the narrative to be. It's working.
    Did PATFO want the narrative to be that Pop had to chase that head around the country just to hear directly from Kawhi? A month and a half after his wife passed?

Talk about a narrative. Kawhi's a POS. I'm ashamed there are still playerfans in his camp. And you're right, the organization knows precisely what Kawhi's future is with the Spurs, and its precisely why its former players and Spur greats aren't biting their tongues anymore.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    How did Kiwi alienate himself? The whole world knows he's not much of a talker. And prior to this year he was seen as a good teammate. What changed that makes you think this?
    I'll take a stab...

Uhh, he went AWOL.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This is precisely what PATFO wants the narrative to be. It's working.
    Spursfans so gullible.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    The Spurs don’t really believe he’s made up his mind to sign in LA in 2019 if all else fails. They believe it’s posturing to force a trade right now to LA that includes Deng’s contract. Unfortunately for Kawhi, Magic, and LeBron, Popovich is not an idiot. The Spurs will review the landscape in a couple of months and see who signs where. Kawhi almost certainly will never suit up in a Spurs uniform ever again, but if he wants to be a Laker, he’s going to have to play $100-$140 million for the privilege.
    The Lakers can stretch Deng without putting him in any trade package for Kiwi. , if they did get even 1 max player this summer, I bet they play him next season. He's still serviceable - just not worth $18 milli. He could do damage vs 2nd string players IMO.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Did Pop disparage Duncan thru the media? I don't think so. Big difference.
    Did Duncan ever forget how to wipe his own ass? Inquiring minds...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    this rat is not lebron james, he has no charisma, he was not offered more than 5 million per year and people say that after losing 80 million contract he will recover the money with business?

http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/22640451/kawhi-leonard-talks-jordan-brand-new-shoe-deal-stalled-sources-say

Kawhi Leonard's talks with Jordan Brand about new shoe deal have stalled, sources say

SAN ANTONIO -- San Antonio Spurs star forward Kawhi Leonard will likely be pondering a supermax contract extension over the summer, but off the court, talks between he and Jordan Brand on a new shoe deal have stalled, multiple sources with knowledge of the situation told ESPN.
    Jordan Brand, which is a division of Nike, and Leonard's representatives came "very close" to completion on a new four-year extension worth more than $20 million. But discussions broke down abruptly because representatives for Leonard didn't feel that the new deal reflected the forward's accomplishments and standing within the league, sources said.
    Leonard has finished second and third in voting for the NBA's Most Valuable Player award over the last two seasons, but he's played in just a handful of games this season because of injury.
    A two-time Defensive Player of the Year, two-time All-NBA first team selection and Finals MVP, Leonard earns less than $500,000 per year in his current endorsement contract with Jordan Brand, which is worth significantly less than the deal currently on the table from the shoe company.

It's unclear whether Leonard intends to leave Jordan Brand when his contract expires on Oct. 1, but a source close to the situation said the shoe company owns the right to match any competing offers. Once the brand's exclusive negotiating window closes in July, Leonard and his representatives can start fielding potential new offers from other companies. Pitches are typically held in late August and early September, as players historically look to resolve shoe deals before the start of training camp in late September. Jordan Brand would have 10 business days to match any competing offer sheet signed by the forward.

There are no current talks between Jordan Brand and Leonard's representatives, sources said.
    No current Jordan Brand athlete in the NBA receives more than $10 million per season in their shoe endorsement deal. The Nike Inc. subsidiary often pays less on shoe deals than its compe ors, with players excited to partner with the legacy brand. Russell Westbrook's recently signed 10-year extension with Jordan Brand through the 2025-26 season will be the most lucrative total endorsement deal for a Jordan athlete to date, according to ESPN's research.
    Jordan's current extension offer does not include a Leonard signature shoe, which would escalate the value of the deal dramatically. Signature deals typically include a 5 percent royalty on all logo footwear and apparel sold, allowing for a handful of the game's biggest stars to earn well north of eight figures annually from brands.
    In addition to the namesake sneaker line, the brand will also then commit additional marketing dollars for campaigns and activations promoting the player. In Leonard's case, he has been used sparingly in Jordan's global marketing efforts, appearing more recently in a fall campaign for the brand's "Be Like Mike" capsule collection with Gatorade.
    Nike has launched signature shoes for more than 21 NBA stars in its history, while Jordan Brand has been far more selective. Only Carmelo Anthony, Chris Paul, Dwyane Wade and Westbrook have received a Jordan signature shoe to date.

Cleveland's LeBron James plays under the most lucrative shoe contract of any current athlete, earning more than $20 million per year from Nike on his "lifetime" endorsement deal.
    Golden State Warriors forward Kevin Durant receives in the neighborhood of more than $20 million annually from Nike as well, through a combination of the annual base salary of his shoe deal, sales royalties, and several incentive bonuses. Stephen Curry's Under Armour deal (more than $17 million annually), and James Harden's contract with Adidas (more than $15 million) make up the next tier of earners.
    By comparison, Blake Griffin earns a similar annual figure from Jordan Brand to what Leonard was offered, while signature athletes such as Kyrie Irving, Paul George and Damian Lillard each earn more.
    The quiet and reserved Leonard has played in only nine games for the Spurs this season as he recovers from right quadriceps tendinopathy.
    The forward recently returned to San Antonio to resume workouts at the team's training facility, after consulting with doctors in New York for three weeks.
    Leonard's timetable for return remains uncertain, as it's based on his comfort level with managing the injury.
    "He's doing what he's supposed to do. He's working hard at it," Spurs coach Gregg Popovich said last week. "He wants to be back. When and if he feels like he's ready to go, he'll be there."
    Leonard is eligible for a five year, $219 million supermax extension this summer. Leonard signed a maximum five-year contract worth $90 million in July of 2015 to remain with the Spurs, and there's still one more season left on his deal after the current campaign with a player option for 2019-20 worth $21.3 million.
    Last edited by spurschamps99030507; 06-23-2018 at 10:13 AM.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    I'll take a stab...

Uhh, he went AWOL.
    Did I not read that st one point Pop didn't want him around (before the infamous team meeting)? IIRC, then TP and Beak came out talking , Pop disparaged him thru the media, etc.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Spursfans so gullible.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yep. Funny how supposedly professional journalists don't seem to understand what under contract means.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Did I not read that st one point Pop didn't want him around (before the infamous team meeting)? IIRC, then TP and Beak came out talking , Pop disparaged him thru the media, etc.
    That was the rumor. If Pop really got to that point though, it was a justified banishment. Exile him to .

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Lakerfans have selective memory...

Remember when Phil wrote a book about Kobe being a straight ....Kobe then quits on his team once he realized Phil and Shaq were actually better than him at their jobs...

Tried to demand a trade after quitting...cries for Phil to come save his career and wins 2 les

Maybe Kawhi is right up your alley..

Duncan > Kobe #SaltInWound

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    They also never mentioned the state taxes.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Lakerfans have selective memory...

Remember when Phil wrote a book about Kobe being a straight ....Kobe then quits on his team once he realized Phil and Shaq were actually better than him at their jobs...

Tried to demand a trade after quitting...cries for Phil to come save his career and wins 2 les

Maybe Kawhi is right up your alley..

Duncan > Kobe #SaltInWound

Kobe banished Shaq, fired Phil, then re-hired Phil. Along the way he beat Jim 4-2 H2H when both players played. It's too bad Slava Medvedenko couldn't hang with the Wallace bros in 2004, otherwise it's Kobe 6, Duncan 5PERIOD.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    That was the rumor. If Pop really got to that point though, it was a justified banishment. Exile him to .
    You see...it's this vile bitterness that makes him want to leave. Now Pop's calling him, texting, Facetiming, Skyping, etc., trying to get Kiwi to change his mind. PATHETIC tbh

foaming at the nostrils raybies's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You see...it's this vile bitterness that makes him want to leave. Now Pop's calling him, texting, Facetiming, Skyping, etc., trying to get Kiwi to change his mind. PATHETIC tbh
    Stay Dwight.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    - that was a wet stain on Mitch Kupcake and Jim Buss's legacy. Now Jim's sister has drained the swamp

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Truth bomb laced tweet:

Thread Information