Page 168 of 745 FirstFirst ... 68118158164165166167168169170171172178218268668 ... LastLast
Results 4,176 to 4,200 of 18607
    Board Man Comes Home Clipper Nation's Avatar
    My Team
    Los Angeles Clippers
    Post Count
    Kobe banished Shaq, fired Phil
    ...and won nothing until MVPau arrived to carry him.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Truth bomb laced tweet:

Wow. An LA writer trying to bend the narrative. Shocking.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Kobe banished Shaq, fired Phil, then re-hired Phil. Along the way he beat Jim 4-2 H2H when both players played. It's too bad Slava Medvedenko couldn't hang with the Wallace bros in 2004, otherwise it's Kobe 6, Duncan 5PERIOD.
    Oh it’s 6-5 now?

Could’ve sworn you’ve used Game 6 against Miam against Duncan? So is it 6-6?

Just stop with the internet nerd nonsense and talk hoops. What I said about Kobe was right you ignored it cause it stings. You joined an opponent teams forum for sake..that screams fear or respect like 10000..

Just acknowledge what I said is correct. Kobe and Kawhi both pulled ass moves..maybe you’ll have the pleasure to idolize both from afar and circle jerk on “SpursTalk”

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Wow. An LA writer trying to bend the narrative. Shocking.
    Yeah. Laker fan typically has special needs so be gentle.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    ...and won nothing until MVPau arrived to carry him.

Like MVPau being 0-12 until Kobe held his hand? And he haven't won since

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Yeah. Laker fan typically has special needs so be gentle.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The Lakers can stretch Deng without putting him in any trade package for Kiwi. , if they did get even 1 max player this summer, I bet they play him next season. He's still serviceable - just not worth $18 milli. He could do damage vs 2nd string players IMO.
    I don’t think stretching him opens up enough room for LBJ, PG13, AND Kawhi. Certainly not in 2019. They can get two max guys, but not all three.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Not a good look:

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    I don’t think stretching him opens up enough room for LBJ, PG13, AND Kawhi. Certainly not in 2019. They can get two max guys, but not all three.
    You're probably right.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Did Pop disparage Duncan thru the media? I don't think so. Big difference.
    Duncan never alienated himself from the entire organization.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Duncan never alienated himself from the entire organization.
    2+2...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You're probably right.
    you hurtin my LkrFan with all this math ...

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Is Trump part of Kawhi's group? If not, why is he a hot topic in this thread?
    3 words: Trump Derangement Syndrome

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    you hurtin my LkrFan with all this math ...

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The Lakers can stretch Deng without putting him in any trade package for Kiwi. , if they did get even 1 max player this summer, I bet they play him next season. He's still serviceable - just not worth $18 milli. He could do damage vs 2nd string players IMO.
    They can't stretch Deng if they want their superteam. Deng's stretched salary will count as a $7.36 million cap hold next summer if they do. If they have already signed James and George to max deals that Deng cap hold drops the best offer the Lakers could make for Leonard next summer to 4 years, $99 million. Everyone else with capsapce could offer 4 years, $139 million and whatever team the Spurs have traded Leonard to could make a Bird offer of 5 years, $179 million.

My Team
    Houston Rockets
    Post Count
    Not a good look:

Bruce is right.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    No, he didn't. "Dr." Tony Parker was the match that gaslit this situation. The funny part on the outside looking in, word on the streets is he (and Manure) were basically given orders from Pop to put out the narrative that TP not only had the same injury, but it was "100 times" worse. That basically unnecessarily challenged his manhood and pissed him off. I believe Stack5 (former Spur, so he has credibility) put that out on Undisputed IIRC.

You know what? I believe Stack5. Why? Not long afterwards Pop was cynical with any reporter with a mic in his face heard ahim tell them "to check with Kawhi's camp" whenever he asked about his franchise player.

Pop knows he ed up too by evidence of him flying 1,275 miles to San Diego to beg Kiwi to change his mind. From what I'm hearing, he basically heard Pop out (with Uncle Fester next to him ) then flat out told him that he still wants out.

Why you farmers not blaming Pop is beyond me. You guys are sitting on 6 range if not for the arrogance of Pop (I still can't believe he took Jim out leading to a huge offensive rebound by Bosh e...unbelievable, but I digress).

PATFO knows he's gone. Now they sending out their Silver and Black soldiers to protect the Spur brand (which is smart BTW). This tweet rings true:

Gonna be an interesting time in SATX if Kiwi leaves. If he does, blame Pop and his arrogance, not Kiwi.
    Jax is as credible as Fox News when it comes to to being honest about Trump. Jax has an axe to the grind with the Spurs. He's resentful of both Parker and Manu and feels in his heart that he should have been the one winning les with Duncan instead of them. He's also resentful of Pop for cutting him '13. You do know the original story in '13 was that he got cut because he was starting with Kawhi in practice due to being upset with not being able to start over him. Funny how Jax didn't even bother to deny that story for a year probably because he didn't expect Kawhi to ever to amount to anything more than a good role player. Immediately after the '14 Finals when Kawhi wins Finals MVP he changed the story immediately to the reason why he got cut was because he was angy Manu and Green got more minutes than him. Jax is so vindictive he's the only guy I have seen that openly roots against a team that he won a championship with. He rooted for Miami in '13 and the Warriors last year in '17. Jax is a notorious liar even in a 1 on 1 interview with Broussard a few months ago they were several factual things he lied about during his time with the Spurs.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    They can't stretch Deng if they want their superteam. Deng's stretched salary will count as a $7.36 million cap hold next summer if they do. If they have already signed James and George to max deals that Deng cap hold drops the best offer the Lakers could make for Leonard next summer to 4 years, $99 million. Everyone else with capsapce could offer 4 years, $139 million and whatever team the Spurs have traded Leonard to could make a Bird offer of 5 years, $179 million.
    Why you don't mix family and business.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    this rat is not lebron james, he has no charisma, he was not offered more than 5 million per year and people say that after losing 80 million contract he will recover the money with business?

http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/22640451/kawhi-leonard-talks-jordan-brand-new-shoe-deal-stalled-sources-say

Kawhi Leonard's talks with Jordan Brand about new shoe deal have stalled, sources say

SAN ANTONIO -- San Antonio Spurs star forward Kawhi Leonard will likely be pondering a supermax contract extension over the summer, but off the court, talks between he and Jordan Brand on a new shoe deal have stalled, multiple sources with knowledge of the situation told ESPN.
    Jordan Brand, which is a division of Nike, and Leonard's representatives came "very close" to completion on a new four-year extension worth more than $20 million. But discussions broke down abruptly because representatives for Leonard didn't feel that the new deal reflected the forward's accomplishments and standing within the league, sources said.
    Leonard has finished second and third in voting for the NBA's Most Valuable Player award over the last two seasons, but he's played in just a handful of games this season because of injury.
    A two-time Defensive Player of the Year, two-time All-NBA first team selection and Finals MVP, Leonard earns less than $500,000 per year in his current endorsement contract with Jordan Brand, which is worth significantly less than the deal currently on the table from the shoe company.

It's unclear whether Leonard intends to leave Jordan Brand when his contract expires on Oct. 1, but a source close to the situation said the shoe company owns the right to match any competing offers. Once the brand's exclusive negotiating window closes in July, Leonard and his representatives can start fielding potential new offers from other companies. Pitches are typically held in late August and early September, as players historically look to resolve shoe deals before the start of training camp in late September. Jordan Brand would have 10 business days to match any competing offer sheet signed by the forward.

There are no current talks between Jordan Brand and Leonard's representatives, sources said.
    No current Jordan Brand athlete in the NBA receives more than $10 million per season in their shoe endorsement deal. The Nike Inc. subsidiary often pays less on shoe deals than its compe ors, with players excited to partner with the legacy brand. Russell Westbrook's recently signed 10-year extension with Jordan Brand through the 2025-26 season will be the most lucrative total endorsement deal for a Jordan athlete to date, according to ESPN's research.
    Jordan's current extension offer does not include a Leonard signature shoe, which would escalate the value of the deal dramatically. Signature deals typically include a 5 percent royalty on all logo footwear and apparel sold, allowing for a handful of the game's biggest stars to earn well north of eight figures annually from brands.
    In addition to the namesake sneaker line, the brand will also then commit additional marketing dollars for campaigns and activations promoting the player. In Leonard's case, he has been used sparingly in Jordan's global marketing efforts, appearing more recently in a fall campaign for the brand's "Be Like Mike" capsule collection with Gatorade.
    Nike has launched signature shoes for more than 21 NBA stars in its history, while Jordan Brand has been far more selective. Only Carmelo Anthony, Chris Paul, Dwyane Wade and Westbrook have received a Jordan signature shoe to date.

Cleveland's LeBron James plays under the most lucrative shoe contract of any current athlete, earning more than $20 million per year from Nike on his "lifetime" endorsement deal.
    Golden State Warriors forward Kevin Durant receives in the neighborhood of more than $20 million annually from Nike as well, through a combination of the annual base salary of his shoe deal, sales royalties, and several incentive bonuses. Stephen Curry's Under Armour deal (more than $17 million annually), and James Harden's contract with Adidas (more than $15 million) make up the next tier of earners.
    By comparison, Blake Griffin earns a similar annual figure from Jordan Brand to what Leonard was offered, while signature athletes such as Kyrie Irving, Paul George and Damian Lillard each earn more.
    The quiet and reserved Leonard has played in only nine games for the Spurs this season as he recovers from right quadriceps tendinopathy.
    The forward recently returned to San Antonio to resume workouts at the team's training facility, after consulting with doctors in New York for three weeks.
    Leonard's timetable for return remains uncertain, as it's based on his comfort level with managing the injury.
    "He's doing what he's supposed to do. He's working hard at it," Spurs coach Gregg Popovich said last week. "He wants to be back. When and if he feels like he's ready to go, he'll be there."
    Leonard is eligible for a five year, $219 million supermax extension this summer. Leonard signed a maximum five-year contract worth $90 million in July of 2015 to remain with the Spurs, and there's still one more season left on his deal after the current campaign with a player option for 2019-20 worth $21.3 million.
    Can anyone tally up the net $ of Kawhi going to LA? Trying to figure out Uncle D's thinking.

-No Supermax
    -Cali taxes
    -Potential contract in LA accommodating LBJ + PG (or just max contract)
    +best-case scenario for endorsements in LA

?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Can anyone tally up the net $ of Kawhi going to LA? Trying to figure out Uncle D's thinking.

-No Supermax
    -Cali taxes

?
    He's thinking he's going to build a super agency and be able to recruit a bunch of players.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He's thinking he's going to build a super agency and be able to recruit a bunch of players.
    I'd say he's off to a bad start.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Brandon Ingram>Kuzma & everybody else in that ty trade outside KL.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    [QUOTE=LkrFan;9436938]Not a good look:

[/QUOTEclipper worker Bruce

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

-No Supermax
    -Cali taxes

?
    I’m not so sure anymore that Kawhi is being led by the nose by his uncle. After thinking about it, I suspect LeBron got in his ear directly about finding a way to “take control” and engineer a way out of San Antonio to go home to LA, into a situation where he could do his thing and win without having to lead, without sacrificing too much money. When his agent wouldn’t entertain it, Kawhi asked his uncle for help and things went from there.

Once you figure that out, obviously there’s no point in trying to salvage the relationship. Kawhi is like any other guy who will lie, cheat, and steal to get what he wants. You can’t trust him and you can’t build a franchise around him. Now that you know he’ll lie his ass off to your face, and his intentions are transparent, the path forward is clear: block the path to LA, and craft a trade as beneficial to your own interests as possible.

Thread Information