Page 68 of 745 FirstFirst ... 185864656667686970717278118168568 ... LastLast
Results 1,676 to 1,700 of 18607
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    but if it's that bad, it's even less likely other teams will give spur a kings ransom
    True, but then Kawhi loses leverage since he knows he’s damaged goods and the more he’s an a** the more SA can penalize him financially.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    A big trade proposal i saw based on disgruntled stars like butler
    HEAT GET
    KAWHI LEONARD
    TYUS JONES

SPURS GET
    JIMMY BUTLER
    JEFF TEAGUE
    BAM ADEBAYO

TIMBERWOLVES GET
    C.J. MCCOLLUM
    GORAN DRAGIC
    ZACH COLLINS
    JUSTISE WINSLOW

TRAILBLAZERS GET
    PAU GASOL
    JOSH RICHARDSON
    DEJOUNTE MURRAY
    2019 1ST ROUND PICK (FROM MIA)

what a ty deal and you give up Murray who has flaws but has shown some promise?
    shouldnt Spurs have to give up the least?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm just not convinced Ainge is that interested, he's stingy and gets enamored with his assets. Sure he would like Kawhi but not at the cost of Tatum and maybe not Brown either. Anything is possible though but I just don't see it based on past actions/behavior.
    What top 3 players have become available that he has passed on?

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    https://youtu.be/3EkBuKQEkio

Pop, uncle dennis and Kawhi

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If Kawhi wants LA all SA has to do is wait Kawhi out and Lakers are no longer an option. If LA will hold off on signing PG/Lebron for Kawhi then sure. But as soon as LA uses their cap space on PG/Lebron Kawhi is dead to rights.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If Kawhi wants LA all SA has to do is wait Kawhi out and Lakers are no longer an option. If LA will hold off on signing PG/Lebron for Kawhi then sure. But as soon as LA uses their cap space on PG/Lebron Kawhi is dead to rights.
    That's the move.

Let's say Uncle Re and the group leak they will only sign an extension with the Lakers and scares of all other suitors. You think Pop/RC call their bluff and risk having this go on until the trade deadline? Or do they cave and take the LA deal?

My Team
    Charlotte Bobcats
    Post Count
    he'll just sign for the cripples then who project to have two max slots next year

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Are Spurs involved in a land war in Asia?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The Lakers will not retain cap space into next summer. Magic/Rob can't afford to, they'll need to land a "superstar" one way or another even if it means throwing dead money at Boogie.

Trust me, they do not have the patience to sit out another summer and get laughed at even further.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    he'll just sign for the cripples then who project to have two max slots next year
    Cool. Have fun losing and losing 80M when you are hobbled. Who’s giving a guy a max deal when he sits out 2 years?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That's the move.

Let's say Uncle Re and the group leak they will only sign an extension with the Lakers and scares of all other suitors. You think Pop/RC call their bluff and risk having this go on until the trade deadline? Or do they cave and take the LA deal?
    They wait. I truly think SA would rather let him walk then trade him to LA for their current assets. If anything holding Kawhi will force LA to get other assets if they want to deal.

Kawhi would know as well he’s f’d so he would be forced to open up his list and also see Lakers truly don’t care about him enough to wait

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    seriously, kawhi needs to absolutely ball out next season or he stands to lose A TON of money (i'm talking 100+mil).

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The Lakers will not retain cap space into next summer. Magic/Rob can't afford to, they'll need to land a "superstar" one way or another even if it means throwing dead money at Boogie.

Trust me, they do not have the patience to sit out another summer and get laughed at even further.
    And Kawhi is amazing, but no way you pass on Lebron and Paul George to wait with Kawhi. What if Kawhi got injured badly and now no Kawhi or PG? It would be impossible for LA to wait unless Bron/PG say no.

If you are Bron and LA says “let’s not sign PG and waste a year when you are 34 to get Kawhi” he will say bye bye.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Kawhi can make life difficult but unless he’s truly willing to lose 80-100M just to damage SA and unless he’s willing to sign with any LA team assuming SA tanks his Lakers chances, he only has so much leverage.

It behooves all involved to play nice and be open. Who knows though.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Kawhi and Uncle Dennis

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I also believe that Kawhi makes more if he’s traded rather than signing as a free agent. So to make the most he can from the Lakers or anyone, he would need a trade.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    And Kawhi is amazing, but no way you pass on Lebron and Paul George to wait with Kawhi. What if Kawhi got injured badly and now no Kawhi or PG? It would be impossible for LA to wait unless Bron/PG say no.

If you are Bron and LA says “let’s not sign PG and waste a year when you are 34 to get Kawhi” he will say bye bye.
    I think if they're really serious about taking out GS, and the LAL can't get Kawhi, PG takes the $ in OKC, and LeBron does whatever. Two thirtysomethings are not enough fire power to take down GS.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Biggest concern is still that Kawhi's group is made up of actual re ed, amateurs. Just zero foresight into anything and they're obviously in over their heads.

If they weren't absolutely s, they could have likely secured their client a 200+ mil extension this summer and salvaged any hits to Kawhi's reputation. As it stands now, they still might fall ass backwards into a huge extension but Kawhi's rep is forever tarnished/ruined throughout the NBA landscape. He's gonna have to ball out next season to even start making up some of the goodwill they lost this season.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think if they're really serious about taking out GS, and the LAL can't get Kawhi, PG takes the $ in OKC, and LeBron does whatever. Two thirtysomethings are not enough fire power to take down GS.
    I agree. I think they could be damn good with Bron/PG and their core, but not enough. But maybe Bron/PG don’t care about it that much (winning). I mean, they want to win, but it might not be the main thing.

But if LA knows they have to trade for Kawhi and can’t get him in 2019 FA, then they will be forced to get more assets or be stuck.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Biggest concern is still that Kawhi's group is made up of actual re ed, amateurs. Just zero foresight into anything and they're obviously in over their heads.

If they weren't absolutely s, they could have likely secured their client a 200+ mil extension this summer and salvaged any hits to Kawhi's reputation. As it stands now, they still might fall ass backwards into a huge extension but Kawhi's rep is forever tarnished/ruined throughout the NBA landscape. He's gonna have to ball out next season to even start making up some of the goodwill they lost this season.
    He also could have forced his way to LA by being upfront and giving SA time to really work on a deal they are happy with and set a price.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He also could have forced his way to LA by being upfront and giving SA time to really work on a deal they are happy with and set a price.
    Tru dat. If they had just approached Pop LAST summer, the LAL had more assets. Of course, if they spend those assets on getting Kawhi, they then couldn't use them to offload contracts to create the cap room they needed for this summer. It may just never have worked under any cir stances.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count

You are silly we arent paying Boogie.
    No one is laughing at the Lakers who now are considered a legit threat for frontline talent in FA
    and now are ateam on the rise ... still a long ways to go. but we didnt clear space for a boogie with a ruptured achilles.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You are silly we arent paying Boogie.
    No one is laughing at the Lakers who now are considered a legit threat for frontline talent in FA
    and now are ateam on the rise ... still a long ways to go. but we didnt clear space for a boogie with a ruptured achilles.
    Killa, I like you bruh you know that. But you know I don't respect any of your bball takes. And i think the Lakers still likely land PG. Boogie is a worst case scenario and I definitely see the Lakeshow doing it if they strike out everybody else.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    To be honest, Spurs may dodge a bullet by being forced to trade Kawhi. The Supermax is betting that Kawhi will be a superstar for the next five years and if he's injured or regresses, our team can only hope we draft great to pick up the slack. There won't be a lot of money for FA. The margin of error is much smaller.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Unfortunately if Kawhi plays in a desired market and returns to his MVP level then all of his shenanigans will be forgiven by the media. Just look at the treatment Durant gets now that he has won 2 les despite the move he pulled.

Thread Information