Page 70 of 745 FirstFirst ... 206066676869707172737480120170570 ... LastLast
Results 1,726 to 1,750 of 18607
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The reality is that they will never take Deng's deal. To get rid of Deng, you really have to include an asset like Ingram, like they did Russell last year to get rid of Mozgov. You can't use Ingram to both shed Deng AND get Kawhi. That's a garbage trade. I'd take those two late lottery Clippers picks before I take out Magic's trash for him.
    LA Times were saying that the Clippers deal would be one of those two picks but not both... if that's to be believed.

http://www.latimes.com/sports/lakers...615-story.html

The Clippers have more to offer than the Lakers. They would be willing to create a package with forward Tobias Harris and the 12th or 13th pick in this year’s draft, according to a source not authorized to speak publicly.

My Team
    Charlotte Bobcats
    Post Count

RIP baseline_bum

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    People need to leave his sister alone and stick to harassing Jabari tbh. She's always been pro-Spurs.

foaming at the nostrils raybies's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    LA Times were saying that the Clippers deal would be one of those two picks but not both... if that's to be believed.

http://www.latimes.com/sports/lakers...615-story.html
    Trying their very best to add value... that ol son of a gun Jerry West... Doc would’ve gave us a Billy King deal...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The hand means that he is saying goodbye.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The Celtics don't need Leonard, yet at the same time can make the offer with the most stability and best combination of high reward/low risk (Brown, Kings '19 '1st, Rozier, Morris, Yabusele). That's a great position to be in and one the Spurs likely can't turn down.
    Celtics are about championships so I think they do need Leonard. Putting him on this team (even without Tatum) makes them a serious threat to the Warriors. Without Kawhi, I don't think they have enough to win it all. Leonard completely changes the dynamic of this team and more importantly, they would have someone who could match up toe-to-toe with Durant. Danny is a pretty smart GM so he knows what Kawhi brings to the table. Therefore, anything less than Tatum, Rozier and Kings 1st at minimum would be a non-starter for me.

Nevertheless, I still think waiting it out and trying to repair the relationship is our best option. I'm not crazy about the Celtics trade even if Tatum is included. I don't think he will ever be as good as Kawhi so I say play it out and hope Pop can fix the relationship. If not, he walks and Spurs have to start all over, which I would be okay since we are not winning any championships with any of the trade proposals flying around.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    RealGM saying the spurs have no interest in Ball but would be interested in a package centered around Ingram/Kuzma/Deng/picks if they don't get better offers.

take it for what you will
    The Spurs have a tough choice:

If they don't take the Lakers' package they may get less later on.

On the other hand, if the Spurs don't trade Kawhi to LA, the Lakers' "Big Three" dream is over -- even if the Lakers get both LeBron and PG as FAs now, they can't afford Kawhi as a FA next summer. The Big Three has to happen this summer or not at all.

So if the Spurs wait, they can tell Boston and Philly, don't worry about the Lakers, they can't sign Kawhi -- give us your top shelf offer because Kawhi will likely stay with you.

And then if the #2 or #3 draft pick are in play (although unlikely), that might add another time constraint.

So many variables going forward . . .

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Looks like the middle finger and the thumb are making an L. Lakers confirmed.
    the whole thing says KL2

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The Spurs have a tough choice:

If they don't take the Lakers' package they may get less later on.

On the other hand, if the Spurs don't trade Kawhi to LA, the Lakers' "Big Three" dream is over -- even if the Lakers get both LeBron and PG as FAs now, they can't afford Kawhi as a FA next summer. The Big Three has to happen this summer or not at all.

So if the Spurs wait, they can tell Boston and Philly, don't worry about the Lakers, they can't sign Kawhi -- give us your top shelf offer because Kawhi will likely stay with you.

So many variables going forward . . .
    Ingram, Kuzma, and a late first is a garbage offer anyways. I don't see the downside in waiting if Ainge isn't offering Tatum and a good pick.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I mean if the Spurs trade with LA and take back that garbage, there's not much reason for me to be a Spur fan anymore tbh

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Ingram, Kuzma, and a late first is a garbage offer anyways. I don't see the downside in waiting if Ainge isn't offering Tatum and a good pick.
    I agree, waiting is likely the best strategy (vs. panicking).

(Also, it would be fun to see Kawhi scramble to claim an injury after he's asserted he's 100% for the benefit of the Lakers.)
    Last edited by Russ; 06-18-2018 at 04:44 PM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I take it as supporting Kawhi and a talk to the hand/stop talking type of thing.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

RIP baseline_bum
    The thing is, you still have to have assets, whether it's two teams or three. The only additional asset that a third team brings into the discussion is Ball, and I'm not sure what he's even worth.

Jim Buss really screwed the team over with those terrible contracts.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Kawhi sister wrote the following on IG:

"U can vent on the fan page. FYI He has been in contact and spoken to Spurs several Times. FYI they don't televise everything that happens on the background. Another fact, the whole family NEVER lived IN SA..."

Who knows if she is telling the truth. This was in response to fans acknowledging that Kawhi is gone and others hoping he stays.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Celtics are about championships so I think they do need Leonard. Putting him on this team (even without Tatum) makes them a serious threat to the Warriors. Without Kawhi, I don't think they have enough to win it all. Leonard completely changes the dynamic of this team and more importantly, they would have someone who could match up toe-to-toe with Durant. Danny is a pretty smart GM so he knows what Kawhi brings to the table. Therefore, anything less than Tatum, Rozier and Kings 1st at minimum would be a non-starter for me.

Nevertheless, I still think waiting it out and trying to repair the relationship is our best option. I'm not crazy about the Celtics trade even if Tatum is included. I don't think he will ever be as good as Kawhi so I say play it out and hope Pop can fix the relationship. If not, he walks and Spurs have to start all over, which I would be okay since we are not winning any championships with any of the trade proposals flying around.
    Maybe they don't next season, but with their youth and depth and the Warriors mileage piling up and lack of depth, they should be able to eventually overtake them. I'm not saying it wouldn't make sense for them to trade for Leonard, but they don't need it in the typical way a team in their position would.

I'd do this trade if I were them because they'd be in good position if he walked, but financially it'll be difficult to make it work long term with their core and it'll be as difficult if not more keeping everyone happy. 4 go to type perimeter players, all in or pre prime, is unprecedented. Someone(s) is probably going to be unhappy.

Spurs can't let Leonard walk for nothing; it would set the franchise back years. Brown, Kings 1st, Rozier, Morris (rerouted for something like Bradley and Jerebko's non guaranteed, who'd be waived), Yabusele, Nader, might not sound great, but it's a chance at 2 foundational pieces (Brown, who already looks to be and the Kings 1st), plus a low end starter (Rozier). That's like skipping the first few years of a typical re-build.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Again, unless its a deal that blows your mind, force him to come into training camp. Plenty of time to talk to KL alone and "heal" the relationship (which I don't think is actually the problem) before Feb deadline. I mean is Uncle Dennis going to be on the team bus, the team plane, the team shower with KL at all times?

If you can somehow get on the same page, then KL should be motivated to re-earn the SuperMax by making All NBA or DPOY.

Of course, he could take another year off to"nurse his injury" until he's an FA. But then KL would have lost 2 years of his prime, 80 million dollars, and a lot of good will league wide. Even Uncle Dennis would have to admit that perhaps it wasn't the soundest advice.

Also, by then the Lakers would like have eaten their cap space. So cross that destination off the list Denny...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

"U can vent on the fan page. FYI He has been in contact and spoken to Spurs several Times. FYI they don't televise everything that happens on the background. Another fact, the whole family NEVER lived IN SA..."

Who knows if she is telling the truth. This was in response to fans acknowledging that Kawhi is gone and others hoping he stays.
    So the sister's mantra has changed from "he's still a Spur" to "the whole family NEVER lived IN SA." Interesting . . .

My Team
    Charlotte Bobcats
    Post Count
    Maybe they don't next season, but with their youth and depth and the Warriors mileage piling up and lack of depth, they should be able to eventually overtake them. I'm not saying it wouldn't make sense for them to trade for Leonard, but they don't need it in the typical way a team in their position would.

I'd do this trade if I were them because they'd be in good position if he walked, but financially it'll be difficult to make it work long term with their core and it'll be as difficult if not more keeping everyone happy. 4 go to type perimeter players, all in or pre prime, is unprecedented. Someone(s) is probably going to be unhappy.

Spurs can't let Leonard walk for nothing; it would set the franchise back years. Brown, Kings 1st, Rozier, Morris (rerouted for something like Bradley and Jerebko's non guaranteed, who'd be waived), Yabusele, Nader, might not sound great, but it's a chance at 2 foundational pieces (Brown, who already looks to be and the Kings 1st), plus a low end starter (Rozier). That's like skipping the first few years of a typical re-build.

finally, a post that's smarter than the kiwi the autist sucks send him to orlando if we dont get back top 5 picks and A level prospects him make him sit out a year unrealistic bull

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So the sister's mantra has changed from "he's still a Spur" to "the whole family NEVER lived IN SA." Interesting . . .
    Apparently she wrote that Kawhi wants to better his life according to others on Twitter, but no screenshots. If true, that says pretty much everything...

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Again, unless its a deal that blows your mind, force him to come into training camp. Plenty of time to talk to KL alone and "heal" the relationship (which I don't think is actually the problem) before Feb deadline. I mean is Uncle Dennis going to be on the team bus, the team plane, the team shower with KL at all times?

If you can somehow get on the same page, then KL should be motivated to re-earn the SuperMax by making All NBA or DPOY.

Of course, he could take another year off to"nurse his injury" until he's an FA. But then KL would have lost 2 years of his prime, 80 million dollars, and a lot of good will league wide. Even Uncle Dennis would have to admit that perhaps it wasn't the soundest advice.

Also, by then the Lakers would like have eaten their cap space. So cross that destination off the list Denny...
    +1

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Trade kawhi to toronto for dedumpster and valanchunis. It of course wouldn’t and shouldn’t happen but im sure Toronto will try and maybe that rises trade offers

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

What does this even mean and who is she talking to? Seriously, put your big boy pants on and tell everyone where you stand. Jeez

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I agree, waiting is likely the best strategy (vs. panicking).

(Also, it would be fun to see Kawhi scramble to claim an injury after he's asserted he's 100% for the benefit of the Lakers.)
    He can claim whatever he wants. I wouldn't let him into training camp, practices, or games if he's still on the roster. He doesn't get to audition for his next contract on the Spurs time.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It's just his logo, not sure why people are over analyzing it. Probably just a simple pro-Kawhi post.

And it's such a beautiful, creative logo too. I was anxiously waiting for the day when official merchandise with his logo came out. All I have is a t-shirt with it which will probably have to be burned now.

Thread Information