Page 79 of 745 FirstFirst ... 296975767778798081828389129179579 ... LastLast
Results 1,951 to 1,975 of 18607
    Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Wonder if Leonard agree with extension before trade
    He can, but would be for well less than the Supermax and even for far less than what he’d be eligible for next summer from any team. So almost no chance he signs another contract until next offseason unless it’s the Supermax with the Spurs.

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What if they have zero confidence the offers will get better? And Kawhi becomes even more disruptive? You could hold him to spite him, but SA loved Josh Jackson.

Put it this way, would you view SA getting the #4 pick + #16 pick for Kawhi this year as a win?
    It's not the #4 pick. It's Jackson coming off a really bad year. Kawhi can be as much of a as he wants in NYC or San Diego.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If I wasn't getting the #1 pick, my floor would be jj+16+next year's #1 + bender or chriss. I'd probably try and package part of that and other assets to move up in this draft.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Jackson and 16 is poopoo. Anyone who thinks that is better than nothing is crazy. I'd rather let Kawhi walk in a year and lose more money than take that crap offer.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It's not the #4 pick. It's Jackson coming off a really bad year. Kawhi can be as much of a as he wants in NYC or San Diego.
    I’m just saying it’s how it’s viewed. He was the fourth pick and is still young and showed a lot of great things despite being in a terrible system with awful development.

And it’s one of the few teams that can take Kawhi with sending back less money so it helps with cap space.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Bender and Chriss suck.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It also makes you wonder if it's worth taking on Parsons to get #4?

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Besides, Payton is a free agent, there's not going to be a sign & trade to get that guy anyway
    The more I think about it the more some source claiming Payton is involved it sounds ridiculous like a Twitter photo of Pop and Kawhi.

He's a free agent with a QO. He's just going to accept his QO without trying the market? His agent's going to let him do that? Any sign and trade has to be simultaneous I thought, if you wait for him to take his QO, you then have to wait how many months before he's able to be traded?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It's not.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'd absolutely trade Gasol + Ginobili's last year (assuming he retires) for Parsons and the #4 since next year the team will be and you gotta pay 90% of the cap by the rules of the CBA. That would probably work under the cap and save Memphis a lot of money.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Can't believe Knicks aren't involved offering picks or Porzingis, given the possibility that Kawhi and Kyrie could hookup in NY soon.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I just saw on Twitter that realgm said yesterday that PHX had no interest in trading #1 for Kawhi but would be willing to be the 3rd team in a deal to facilitate and take on a contract like deng in exchange for a young asset like Ball.

That makes more sense to me. Let's say you get Kuzma, Ingram, Lakers pick, and like 16. I'm not saying I love that but that's better than Jackson and 16 alone imo.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I just saw on Twitter that realgm said yesterday that PHX had no interest in trading #1 for Kawhi but would be willing to be the 3rd team in a deal to facilitate and take on a contract like deng in exchange for a young asset like Ball.

That makes more sense to me. Let's say you get Kuzma, Ingram, Lakers pick, and like 16. I'm not saying I love that but that's better than Jackson and 16 alone imo.

meh

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

That's four scrubs, with the most talented one being a china doll. Pass.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That's four scrubs, with the most talented one being a china doll. Pass.
    This reminds of the choosing beggars sub-reddit.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think it is. Two years of a big cap hit from Parsons doesn't matter to a team in a full rebuild and getting a high pick for nothing would be nice. Plus tying two years of money into Parsons means they wouldn't want to pay Fathead. It's win-win.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Exactly. It’s even more the case in the NFL, but each year a pick is in the league he’s one year closer to free agency and loss of cost control.

In Jackson’s case, he played more like a mid first but costs a lot more.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Exactly. It’s even more the case in the NFL, but each year a pick is in the league he’s one year closer to free agency and loss of cost control.

In Jackson’s case, he played more like a mid first but costs a lot more.
    He’s got 3 more years under team control and even with his “sub par” rookie year he’s still damn young and if he were cast back into the draft he would still go top 5 IMO

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He’s got 3 more years under team control and even with his “sub par” rookie year he’s still damn young and if he were cast back into the draft he would still go top 5 IMO
    DPG man, weren't you the one telling me all year there would be a bunch of great offers for Kawhi? Now you're ready to turn the key to execute Plan F?

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I also think the Spurs could easily have a hot start next year making Kawhi look like a bigger tool as he stews and pays the bills of his handlers

An improved Dejounte, more White hopefully and not the scrubs that ate minutes in front of him, the first rounder who Pop would embrace out of desperation, hopefully Milutinov ... I could see a nice hot start without a bunch of Tim Perry or Andrew Lang scrubs.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Exactly. Thats a lot of eggs in one basket. Over the last thirty years there have been so many teams stuck in cap because of one player. That is the last place I want Spurs to be in

And that’s counting on a good run with health. 1 serious injury to the guy and the team goes done the shoot. I think there’s more chance of a break rather than make an organisation with this super max behemoth tbh.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think patience is needed here. I would tell Kawhi’s camp that they are not getting good enough offers and the plan is for him to play on the Spurs in 2019. If he wants to open up his list of teams he would be traded too and give them assurances that he would resign with them then maybe a good deal would open up. Short of that he will have to go through a very uncomfortable year as a Spur.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    DPG man, weren't you the one telling me all year there would be a bunch of great offers for Kawhi? Now you're ready to turn the key to execute Plan F?
    I really thought there would be some elite offers. But I’m a big Josh Jackson fan so maybe I’m biased, but he’s a big reason why I thought PHX was likely since I know SA love Jackson too. I don’t think this is plan F. It’s certainly not what I was hoping, but it’s not atrocious like many thought.

Have to wait and see.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Just playing with the trade machine with Phx facilitating the Lakers trade.

http://www.espn.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=y739qkvj

I don't like it. You'd assume Spurs also get the Lakers pick this year at 25 or whatever it is and then you get 16 from Phx. Maybe you can then package 16 and 18 to move up, but not sure how far that gets you in the draft.

I'm more and more on the side of just making Kawhi play this out b/c currently with the rumored offers aren't doing much for me.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    no ^ not taking Chandler on.

Thread Information