Page 69 of 745 FirstFirst ... 195965666768697071727379119169569 ... LastLast
Results 1,701 to 1,725 of 18607
    Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    To be honest, Spurs may dodge a bullet by being forced to trade Kawhi. The Supermax is betting that Kawhi will be a superstar for the next five years and if he's injured or regresses, our team can only hope we draft great to pick up the slack. There won't be a lot of money for FA. The margin of error is much smaller.
    I hate the Supermax. Its going to create future Kevin Garnett-Timberwolves scenarios where a team's cap space will be getting eaten up by the superstar player but their won't be enough cap space to build a championship level team.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Unfortunately if Kawhi plays in a desired market and returns to his MVP level then all of his shenanigans will be forgiven by the media. Just look at the treatment Durant gets now that he has won 2 les despite the move he pulled.
    Durant's move was like a 4 on the scale. Kawhi's fake injury medical holdout was like a 9 on the scale.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Unfortunately if Kawhi plays in a desired market and returns to his MVP level then all of his shenanigans will be forgiven by the media. Just look at the treatment Durant gets now that he has won 2 les despite the move he pulled.
    Durant is one of the most hated people in sports currently, you have numerous talking heads on him for his les. He hasn't taken a hit financially but if we're talking purely about reputation, KD is a terrible example.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    what a ty deal and you give up Murray who has flaws but has shown some promise?
    shouldnt Spurs have to give up the least?
    Well i agree giving up Murray is too much, but honestly I think people around here are are living in a fantasy. If things can’t be worked out, a one year rental for a superstar that has a legit injury concern isnt goin for tatam and brown or something great

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Durant's move was like a 4 on the scale. Kawhi's fake injury medical holdout was like a 9 on the scale.
    If Kawhi plays for the Lakers,Sixers,Celtics then the media will ignore it and pretend that it never happened.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Durant is one of the most hated people in sports currently, you have numerous talking heads on him for his les. He hasn't taken a hit financially but if we're talking purely about reputation, KD is a terrible example.
    The media still anoints Durant as the second best player in the league after Lebron. I think the only thing the move cost him was the chance to be the best player in the league among talking heads and players. No matter what he tries to do he will never pass Lebron.

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The media is mostly on his side right now. If he's winning again next season in LA/Philly/Boston they'll be entirely on his side. When Eric Gordon was carrying the Rockets in the WCF no one mentioned him pulling the same crap with New Orleans.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The media still anoints Durant as the second best player in the league after Lebron. I think the only thing the move cost him was the chance to be the best player in the league among talking heads and players. No matter what he tries to do he will never pass Lebron.
    I don't know what you watch or follow, but Durant is absolutely hated and criticized by virtually everybody..giving him credit for his ability doesn't change that, I think most humans can objectively analyze that..

Free Throw Coach Aggie Hoopsfan's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The media is mostly on his side right now. If he's winning again next season in LA/Philly/Boston they'll be entirely on his side. When Eric Gordon was carrying the Rockets in the WCF no one mentioned him pulling the same crap with New Orleans.
    Well, most didn't pay enough attention to him in NO to know it happened.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Durant is both hated and objectively the second best player.

The winning solves everything take is correct, but if he fails it'll weigh on him harder then if he stayed with sa. If he stayed it would just be "the Spurs mystique is gone" and not about back stabbing.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Curry > KD--they let KD take the FMVPs cause he'd have a meltdown if he 100% realized he didn't earn the rings.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Durant is both hated and objectively the second best player.

The winning solves everything take is correct, but if he fails it'll weigh on him harder then if he stayed with sa. If he stayed it would just be "the Spurs mystique is gone" and not about back stabbing.
    I think these big markets tend to be desperate for a star if their team has been irrelevant for a long time and don't really care too much about winning. Look at the Knicks with Carmelo. The Knicks fans didn't realize how crappy Carmelo was until his final year in NYC. Granted I think the worst thing that can happen with Kawhi if he's in LA and the Lakers are not winning then the media will start hating him simply because he doesn't like to talk. They are not use to dealing with a mute Superstar and he probably only gets a pass for being mute if they are winning.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I hate the Supermax. Its going to create future Kevin Garnett-Timberwolves scenarios where a team's cap space will be getting eaten up by the superstar player but their won't be enough cap space to build a championship level team.
    Exactly. Thats a lot of eggs in one basket. Over the last thirty years there have been so many teams stuck in cap because of one player. That is the last place I want Spurs to be in

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Anything less than Tatum AND Brown AND the Kings 1st is just being marks and getting destroyed in the trade and gifting Boston the le.

I don't think a Boston deal is even worth pursuing.

Spurs number one priority should be to not be suckers. They'll lose every trade but don't have to be suckers. Don't give contenders free rings like Rodman to the Bulls. Don't give big markets free contention.

And if that means benching Kawhi for a year then so be it.

This is all sounds nice, but Tatum, Brown and the Kings 1st is obviously not realistic and though I'm not opposed to taking this up until the trade deadline, at that point, barring a reconciliation (even then, it would still be risky), they'd have to make a move.

The Celtics don't need Leonard, yet at the same time can make the offer with the most stability and best combination of high reward/low risk (Brown, Kings '19 '1st, Rozier, Morris, Yabusele). That's a great position to be in and one the Spurs likely can't turn down.

Love and eight pushes the market up, which is even better for SA. Lowest I take from Boston is Hayward, Brown and the SAC pick for Kawhi and Gasol.
    Even if they were willing to do that to Hayward (highly unlikely), I can't see the Kings 1st being involved as well.

Beyond the obvious, another reason they more than likely wouldn't trade Hayward is, they wouldn't be locks to re-sign Leonard. Clearly, they'd only trade for him period believing they would, but if he walked and they made this trade, they'd go from the most enviable wing depth in the league to paper thin.

It's an unnecessary risk considering they don't need Leonard. For them, the great thing about the most likely variation is, if Leonard walks, they could still conceivably remain contenders.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    And the ing IG account went private. WTF

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Doesn't his sister run that page? I wonder what it all means

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Hmm this Instagram post is very telling...it all makes sense now

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Doesn't his sister run that page? I wonder what it all means

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    And the ing IG account went private. WTF

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    She’s just showing support for her brother because idiots are attacking her for Kawhi’s business. It’s really dumb, but she isn’t going to turn on her brother and people shouldn’t be going after her.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Looks like the middle finger and the thumb are making an L. Lakers confirmed.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    RealGM saying the spurs have no interest in Ball but would be interested in a package centered around Ingram/Kuzma/Deng/picks if they don't get better offers.

take it for what you will

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    RealGM saying the spurs have no interest in Ball but would be interested in a package centered around Ingram/Kuzma/Deng/picks if they don't get better offers.

take it for what you will
    The reality is that they will never take Deng's deal. To get rid of Deng, you really have to include an asset like Ingram, like they did Russell last year to get rid of Mozgov. You can't use Ingram to both shed Deng AND get Kawhi. That's a garbage trade. I'd take those two late lottery Clippers picks before I take out Magic's trash for him.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The reality is that they will never take Deng's deal. To get rid of Deng, you really have to include an asset like Ingram, like they did Russell last year to get rid of Mozgov. You can't use Ingram to both shed Deng AND get Kawhi. That's a garbage trade. I'd take those two late lottery Clippers picks before I take out Magic's trash for him.
    I'm with you, but just sharing what realgm is throwing out there as a report that the Spurs don't want Ball but would entertain a package with Ingram/Kuz

Thread Information