Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Kawhi to Boston for Jaylen Brown, 27th, Kings 1st in 19, Morris, Yabusele.

Or Kawhi to LA for Ingram, Kuzma, 25th, Hart.

Then turn around and trade LA to Washington for Otto Porter and their 15th pick.

Milutinov, Otto Porter, Jaylen Brown, Derrick White, Murray, 15th pick, 18th pick, 27th pick, Kings 19' 1st is a fantastic start at a rebuild..

Or Milutinov, Otto, Kuzma, Ingram, Derrick White, DeJounte, 15th, 18th, 25th, Josh Hart., Kings 1st in 19.
    Unless the Celtics get a third team involved, Rozier would have to be in it for financial purposes, so probably replace the 27th pick with him. They could then probably reroute him to the Suns for the 16th pick. Morris can probably be rerouted for a fringe 1st or young player with commensurate value.

Not a chance he should be traded to L.A., specifically the Lakers, for 3 reasons: 1) Unappealing package(s), 2) Would be acquiescing to his wish, 3) In conference and would be facilitating inevitable genesis of super team if traded to the Lakers. 2 and 3 should only be overlooked for a package that's markedly superior to any others.

Don't buy into this notion of him controlling the process. The Celtics and 76ers would still have excellent cores if he left in a year and he'd have to walk away from an additional $40M (on top of the $39M he'd already lose by being traded). They're not going to be scared off because they're not his first choice.

Aldridge for Porter is one I'd pondered if it came to this. Makes sense for both teams, but can't see the Wizards including 15. Could see 18 and 49 for 15 and 44, though.

This could potentially be a Celtics style accelerated re-build: Brown, Porter, Murray, White, 15th, 16th (could try to package them and move up), Kings 1st in '19.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Tatum plus Memphis or Sacto pick is a great start.
    Tatum and a pick is probably best case scenario. Sadly I don't think Celtics will part with him after that run. More likely they offer rozier and brown.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Honestly if there's one player I'd take from the Kings that's Bogdanovic
    He's the perfect Manu replacement

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

This could potentially be a Celtics style accelerated re-build: Brown, Porter, Murray, White, 15th, 16th (could try to package them and move up), Kings 1st in '19.
    Add in Rozier or flip him and Morris for more picks.

Also, use space to sign Favors or use it to take on an unwanted short contract for assets. I.E Faried + picks, or Leonard ( Portland) + 2 1st rounders.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Add in Rozier or flip him and Morris for more picks.

Also, use space to sign Favors or use it to take on an unwanted short contract for assets. I.E Faried + picks, or Leonard ( Portland) + 2 1st rounders.
    Unless the Celtics get a third team involved, Rozier would have to be in it for financial purposes, so probably replace the 27th pick with him. They could then probably reroute him to the Suns for the 16th pick. Morris can probably be rerouted for a fringe 1st or young player with commensurate value.

Favors isn't a bad idea, but I'd rather option B. Don't want to be too high floor/low ceiling. Still need to gather depth of picks/prospects in hopes of unearthing a superstar or star(s).

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If you really think Sacramento trades that package for the #2 then you trade aldridge for parsons and the #4 as well and build around murray, doncic, and JJJ. Bottom out for 1 year, get a nice draft pick next year, and your future looks good for the next decade.
    I'd rather have Mo Bamba then JJJ, but yea that's as good of a deal as any to rebuild.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    im Guessing if The Kawhi drama is not settled before the draft, we will lose some bargaining power in trades?

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'd rather have Mo Bamba then JJJ, but yea that's as good of a deal as any to rebuild.
    Spurs need 2-3 all stars or a superstar in the future in order to contend. Now that Kawhi is on his way out, the timetables of LMA and dejounte don't match up. Best option is to get a couple guys on the same timetable as dejounte who can potentially develop into good players at least, and ideally top 20 nba players. If the spurs can get JJJ, Doncic, and like a Zhaire/Huerter type in this year's draft, that can kick-start the rebuild process. Patty's contract also looks a lot less painful on a rebuilding team as a big part of his value is the leadership and "culture" that he provides. Pau's contract also looks more palatable in this situation as be basically becomes a regular season minutes eater.

In 2018-2019, run a lineup of dejounte/white/doncic/anderson/pau with mills/parsons/Bertans/JJJ. Send Zhaire to D-league. That's probably a 30 win team realistically. 2 years from now, I have to think from everything I've seen on NBA draft twitter that at least one of JJJ/Doncic/Zhaire will show something, if not 2-3 of them.

If everything pans out, you just continue building through the draft. If your draft picks don't show signs of becoming future top 15 players, though, and merely become good players, you still have a collection of young cheap assets. Then in 2-3 years, you'd have a very young team with lots of cap space in a small city with a tradition and a distinctly international culture. That's probably the best shot SA will have at a guy like Giannis when the Bucks inevitably things up.

Everything hinges on Sacramento. I don't think they make the deal for the #2. I really think Memphis does pull the trigger on #4 and Parsons for Aldridge, since he perfectly fits into the timetable of Gasol and Conley, management is desperate to return to the playoffs, both bigs can pass really well, and it fits their grit-and-grind style.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Can we get Marc Gasol??

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Luka Doncic
    Michael Porter Jr.
    Marvin Bagley III
    Jaylen Brown
    Jayson Tatum
    Brandon Ingram

We'll probably end up with one of these guys. Obviously not one of them is on Kawhi's level, but who do you take?
    Thats not a bad list to build around of prospects, add on Ayton on to that list. We basically played without Kawhi this last whole season, so the Spurs won't be in that bad of a spot adding in talent. Also they have the 18th pick in a deep draft.
    I would also add Mo Bamba to the list. I would love to have him.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Let's rebuild with Doncic!!!!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

This boy is for real! WONDERBOY!

Spurs would be wise to build around this cager!

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    There are 3 paths.
    Path 1: This is all contract bull and they will reach a deal with Kawhi's camp - this seems unlikely now... For this post, the idea is a non-starter.

Path 2: Blow it all up, trade Kawhi for the most future assets possible, trade anyone else for future assets, and generally pull what Boston and Philly pulled - stockpile assets and a ground up rebuild. I don think the Spurs do this. Financial pressure on the ownership and a lack of time for the current PATFO (Pop will be retiring in the forseeable future) suggest against it. Not to mention it might not be practical. The team would need to tank Hard to get into top 5 pick territory - they won 47 without Kawhi last year, despite the distraction of the situation.

Path 3: Reload not rebuild. I think this is where they go. An avenue that I see is working with Charlotte as part of a 3 way. Something like this, http://www.espn.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=y7gx75qm (with SAS getting the #2 from SAC), or this http://www.espn.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=yd5jsanh (with SAS getting #10 and rights to Bolden/Pasceniks/#26 from Philly) or this http://www.espn.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=yay77bc3 with SAS getting #25 and a 2020 1st from LAL).

Follow that up by throwing the full MLE at Tyreke Evans. Move Mills for assets if possible. Resign Anderson if cheap (< MLE), depending on who we draft, try to resign Gay, Green (if they are cheap...we will have bird rights to Green and non-bird for Gay). Look for a cheap minute eater or two as big men.

LMA - Anderson/?Gay? - Batum - ?Green? - Kemba
    Tyreke as 6th Man + White + Dejounte
    #18 + 1 of (#2/#10?#25)

Looks like it could be pretty solid to me. The play models off of the spurs teams of old - LMA for Duncan , Kemba for Tony, Tyreke for Manu. Kemba can bolt next year, but it's another year for Dejounte to develop an offensive game...

Of the 3 trades I prefer the Sac trade, because Doncic could be a huge star in the long term, then Philly, and finally FTL...

The obvious common point is getting Kemba (and Batum) from CHA - because our biggest problem last year was running our O. Batum is overpaid, but he is still a decent player, and might look a lot better in the Spurs system than he does in Cha (see what happened with Diaw for example).

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Looking at those trades. I don't think there is anyway charlotte wants any of that. MJ has said he would trade Kemba but wants all-star talent in return. That is all garbage going to charlotte.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    There are 3 paths.
    Path 1: This is all contract bull and they will reach a deal with Kawhi's camp - this seems unlikely now... For this post, the idea is a non-starter.

Path 2: Blow it all up, trade Kawhi for the most future assets possible, trade anyone else for future assets, and generally pull what Boston and Philly pulled - stockpile assets and a ground up rebuild. I don think the Spurs do this. Financial pressure on the ownership and a lack of time for the current PATFO (Pop will be retiring in the forseeable future) suggest against it. Not to mention it might not be practical. The team would need to tank Hard to get into top 5 pick territory - they won 47 without Kawhi last year, despite the distraction of the situation.

Path 3: Reload not rebuild. I think this is where they go. An avenue that I see is working with Charlotte as part of a 3 way. Something like this, http://www.espn.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=y7gx75qm (with SAS getting the #2 from SAC), or this http://www.espn.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=yd5jsanh (with SAS getting #10 and rights to Bolden/Pasceniks/#26 from Philly) or this http://www.espn.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=yay77bc3 with SAS getting #25 and a 2020 1st from LAL).

Follow that up by throwing the full MLE at Tyreke Evans. Move Mills for assets if possible. Resign Anderson if cheap (< MLE), depending on who we draft, try to resign Gay, Green (if they are cheap...we will have bird rights to Green and non-bird for Gay). Look for a cheap minute eater or two as big men.

LMA - Anderson/?Gay? - Batum - ?Green? - Kemba
    Tyreke as 6th Man + White + Dejounte
    #18 + 1 of (#2/#10?#25)

Looks like it could be pretty solid to me. The play models off of the spurs teams of old - LMA for Duncan , Kemba for Tony, Tyreke for Manu. Kemba can bolt next year, but it's another year for Dejounte to develop an offensive game...

Of the 3 trades I prefer the Sac trade, because Doncic could be a huge star in the long term, then Philly, and finally FTL...

The obvious common point is getting Kemba (and Batum) from CHA - because our biggest problem last year was running our O. Batum is overpaid, but he is still a decent player, and might look a lot better in the Spurs system than he does in Cha (see what happened with Diaw for example).
    1. Why would the Kings trade their 2 best prospects (Fox and 2nd pick) for at most 1 season of Leonard? Not even they could be that stupid.

2. Don't know if Spurs could get all or any of the addons beyond the 10th pick, but either way this isn't bad value in a vacuum. Problem is, it lacks a foundational young player, which means a permanent place on the treadmill of mediocrity for the foreseeable future.

3. This conceivably could accomplish what 2 couldn't, but Frye's a UFA on July 1st and therefore can't be included, they'd be giving Leonard what he supposedly wants, keeping him in conference, helping the hated Lakers and facilitating the inevitable genesis of the latest "super team".

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Looking at those trades. I don't think there is anyway charlotte wants any of that. MJ has said he would trade Kemba but wants all-star talent in return. That is all garbage going to charlotte.
    Really? Kemba is an expiring, who they are going to have to pay (possibly overpay) to stay in Charlotte. In each case, he gets high end PG prospect (Fox/Fulz/Ball) and expirings (remember that Pau's 3ed year is only guaranteed 6M), while getting out from under the Batum contract. Looks like pretty good value to me...

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    1. Why would the Kings trade their 2 best prospects (Fox and 2nd pick) for at most 1 season of Leonard? Not even they could be that stupid.

2. Don't know if Spurs could get all or any of the addons beyond the 10th pick, but either way this isn't bad value in a vacuum. Problem is, it lacks a foundational young player, which means a permanent place on the treadmill of mediocrity for the foreseeable future.

3. This conceivably could accomplish what 2 couldn't, but Frye's a UFA on July 1st and therefore can't be included, they'd be giving Leonard what he supposedly wants, keeping him in conference, helping the hated Lakers and facilitating the inevitable genesis of the latest "super team".
    1. Obviously, because the Kings discussed the matter with Leonard's camp and he agreed to re-sign there...

2. Where exactly do you see us getting a "foundational young player" through anybodies proposals (except) the Kings' trade that you poo-poo'ed above?

3. Frye is salary cap filler. There are other ways to structure the trade (for example, have LAL draft whomever SAS chooses - as a drafted player, not a pick, he carries the salary cap associated with his draft position...)

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    1. Obviously, because the Kings discussed the matter with Leonard's camp and he agreed to re-sign there...

2. Where exactly do you see us getting a "foundational young player" through anybodies proposals (except) the Kings' trade that you poo-poo'ed above?

3. Frye is salary cap filler. There are other ways to structure the trade (for example, have LAL draft whomever SAS chooses - as a drafted player, not a pick, he carries the salary cap associated with his draft position...)
    1. Not happening. He more than likely wouldn't do that anywhere but the Lakers.

2. Brown and Ingram are probably foundational players and Fultz potentially is. Foundational players = someone who can be a top 3 player on a good team. Walker obviously is, but he's 28. This franchise needs it in a younger player.

3. I know. What I'm saying it, Frye's ineligible to be included. For example, the Spurs can't trade Parker right now.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    1. Not happening. He more than likely wouldn't do that anywhere but the Lakers.

2. Brown and Ingram are probably foundational players and Fultz potentially is. Foundational players = someone who can be a top 3 player on a good team. Walker obviously is, but he's 28. This franchise needs it in a younger player.

3. I know. What I'm saying it, Frye's ineligible to be included. For example, the Spurs can't trade Parker right now.
    2. Top 3 on a good team is "foundational"? Goofy definition, but if your scouting is good, you can get one of those in any draft pick - for example, Kawhi, Tony, George Hill, Jimmy Butler... I would not actually bet on either Ingram (particularly him - he's played 2 yrs, and has never posted a PER > 15, a WS/48 > 0.1, a BPM that's positive, or a VORP > 0.5. Good players show things once they get in the show) or Brown living up to the standard of a Tony Parker...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Murray, White, Anderson, Bertans, Dedmon (yes, I would bring him back), 18th pick and whatever we get from trading Kawhi and LA. It shouldn't be so awful of a rebuilding process, I'm interested on seeing all those guys develop.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    2. Top 3 on a good team is "foundational"? Goofy definition, but if your scouting is good, you can get one of those in any draft pick - for example, Kawhi, Tony, George Hill, Jimmy Butler... I would not actually bet on either Ingram (particularly him - he's played 2 yrs, and has never posted a PER > 15, a WS/48 > 0.1, a BPM that's positive, or a VORP > 0.5. Good players show things once they get in the show) or Brown living up to the standard of a Tony Parker...
    You can, but it's about odds and they obviously get worse the deeper you go into a draft.

Parker was a top 3 player on a championship team(s). I'm not an Ingram fan either, but to put my definition into context: for all their playoff failure, the Raptors have the 4th best regular season winning percentage in the past half decade, with a core of Lowry, DeRozan, Valanciunas.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Doncic with Manu as mentor for one year could be incredible!!!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Really? Kemba is an expiring, who they are going to have to pay (possibly overpay) to stay in Charlotte. In each case, he gets high end PG prospect (Fox/Fulz/Ball) and expirings (remember that Pau's 3ed year is only guaranteed 6M), while getting out from under the Batum contract. Looks like pretty good value to me...

This is the quote from Jordan regarding Kemba:

“It’s not like we are shopping him. We would not just give him up. I love Kemba Walker. I would not trade him for anything but an All-Star player.”

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This draft seems to have more depth than top level talent. I wouldn't mind making as many moves as possible to get mid first round picks.

Hutchinson, Lonnie Walker, Musa, Zaire Smith, Huerter. A lot of interesting players.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Thread Information