Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    Veteran
    Post Count
    Easy when you get penalties for flopping while allowed to defend by holding jerseys, pushing and taking out a players legs

Belgium at least plays well , brasil was poor finishing... Uruguay and Colombia were like Liverpool vs real Madrid, brain farts and ref ery, not superior play or tactics

65 tons of American pride Canyonero's Avatar
    My Team
    CA River Plate
    Post Count
    Do France really count as a Euro team tbh?

Kori's nightmare SpurOutofTownFan's Avatar
    Post Count
    hater my nig some words on the TP thread please...

My Team
    Germany
    Post Count
    Easy when you get penalties for flopping while allowed to defend by holding jerseys, pushing and taking out a players legs

Belgium at least plays well , brasil was poor finishing... Uruguay and Colombia were like Liverpool vs real Madrid, brain farts and ref ery, not superior play or tactics
    sons you can't really call refereeing here. Argentina play ugly as and fouled like against better teams (croatia, france). Colombia played the dirtiest football in memory. Brasil foul like crazy too and flop like crazy in the box. Uruguay play anti football and are as dirty as they come. You're really arguing that south america has merits on sportsmanship? really ?

also those brain farts and ery are the results of strategic superiority of the other team (e.g. france), putting a lesser team in constant pressure, where it becomes easier to make mistakes, either through tactics (pressing weak points, dominating midfield, recovering the ball faster) or through personnel (defending team has to account for special players, e.g. mbappe speed, pogba counterattacking, tall athletes in dead ball situations). Man up and look at reality tbh.

Do France really count as a Euro team tbh?
    well sons half of afrika is still a french colony so why not tbh?

My Team
    Germany
    Post Count
    tbh I'm getting tired of you south merican s always looking for excuses. Y'all s need to man the up and look at football scientifically like all other teams on this planet, and call out. Call out bad tactics. Call out star players with too much clout at the NT. Call out outdated tactics. Call out flawed teams. Call out lack of effort or preparation. Call out dirtiness and petty tactics. I was the first to call out my country and I see nothing wrong with it, this is how you improve. You boys always find excuses, the ref was too lax, we got fouled too much, opponents played anti-game, opponents fouled star, neymar/misty was on his period, neymar/misty has no help, colombia are misunderstood with their dirtiness, france has immigrants, belgium has truffles, etc. Every ing team deals with this besides you s.

Smh this is some real snowflake "we special" movement, like some emotionally clinging 2nd grade kids. It's simple, y'all s haven't seen a ring since 20 years ago for clear obvious reasons and there's no sign in sight saying it'll change until you reform football down there.

Post Count
    Uruguay play anti football and are as dirty as they come
    what are you smoking my youngest son and fav nig? Uruguay had 2 yellow cards in the entire tournament and has been playing fair football for over 10 years. Just look at the stats - it's all in there

My Team
    Argentina
    Post Count
    France should keep their African slot, but the rest should be handed to South America, tbh...

My Team
    Germany
    Post Count
    what are you smoking my youngest son and fav nig? Uruguay had 2 yellow cards in the entire tournament and has been playing fair football for over 10 years. Just look at the stats - it's all in there
    this tournament y'all sons been ok tbh, but I'm also rating based on recent history, that suarez bite tbh .. I don't know how you s rate this but for me that's a massive black spot on your NT since '14. Also how the entire country rallied behind him as if it was "just a red". That's just poor taste. And before you hit me with the rulebook I have the same opinion on the schumacher/battiston incident.

My Team
    Germany
    Post Count
    France should keep their African slot, but the rest should be handed to South America, tbh...
    sons in all honesty y'all s should get 1-2 more spots (1 guaranteed, 1 playoff). That would be the perfect balance imo. Europe should get 5 more. Anyway 48 teams coming so we'll see then.

Post Count
    this tournament y'all sons been ok tbh, but I'm also rating based on recent history, that suarez bite tbh .. I don't know how you s rate this but for me that's a massive black spot on your NT since '14. Also how the entire country rallied behind him as if it was "just a red". That's just poor taste. And before you hit me with the rulebook I have the same opinion on the schumacher/battiston incident.
    my youngest I'm fine with your assessment on suarez - now Uruguay isn't my team but I understand your point. I just don't agree that they are dirty. They used to kick the out of you back in the 90s and early 2000s. BTW, they won fair play in the copa america 2011 which I remember people were joking about

ONe thing about the red card dont know if you are referring to the hand against Ghana, I would do it if I was him. I've seen that many times and it was never a big deal until suarez did it

My Team
    Germany
    Post Count
    where's all the south america underrated talk now sons ?
    smh can't even make the semis, england challenged belgium more than brasil, argentina got bent over by france, uruguay can't beat any contender, colombia kicked out for chimping and so on tbh. Not one contender in sight, for the last 20 years, yet y'all s keep talking

Veteran
    Post Count
    where's all the south america underrated talk now sons ?
    smh can't even make the semis, england challenged belgium more than brasil, argentina got bent over by france, uruguay can't beat any contender, colombia kicked out for chimping and so on tbh. Not one contender in sight, for the last 20 years, yet y'all s keep talking
    the line between failure and success is razor thin, in 2014 argentina could and should have beat germany if higuain capitalizes on (hummels?) header back at goal, instead of talking about higuain and messi being chokers people and the amazing german tactics people would talk about germany not winning since 1990 and messi being the GOAT. I said the same thing when germany failed to qualify- could they have played a little better from a defense / creation stand point, sure, but regardless of that they had plenty of goal scoring opportunities in all 3 games that they were unlucky to convert, either because the opposing GK was inspired or the finishing a bit off. nobody always wins, specially not anymore. and the VAR thing is not an excuse, its logic- it was introduced to remove errors and improve consistency, yet there were still errors, and to make it worse those errors consistently went against south american teams. Im not surprised because it was obvious there would still be errors, what is surprising is that they were this obviously biased.

if you really think england played belgium better than brasil, or that the games are even comparable, you have to be re ed, courtois didnt even make a save against england. If the game had 2 more minutes brasil likely ties it up. France beat argentina well, but this argentina team is a literal disaster and even so scored 3 on them and had them defending to the last minute. uruguay was unlucky to give away a good goal on a free kick to france (one of very few they gave up, on a not particularly dangerous play and that they were carded for), but they were the ones creating more danger on the other end and should have been given a penalty kick when godin was grabbed by the shorts for 3 meters and then pushed in the back on a freekick. It wasnt called and shortly after their keeper pulls a karius, game over. france then proceeded to cynically waste time with a 2-0 lead and 40 minutes to play. colombia werent great, about equal to england, difference is one scored on a play the other on a flop (and england's keeper went 3 feet forward on the last PK, what the is VAR for, that isnt an interpretation play).

the story here isnt "south america is tactically weak/ chokers / chimps" / "euros are superior" or whatever racist BS you want to play. the story here is that attacking, star teams- Spain, Germany, Argentina, Brasil (4 of the top 6 contenders, only france and belgium left, the first 3 with the highest possession% of the tourney) have been eliminated, of that group only argentina and brasil by other contenders, and if we are being serious argentina shouldnt be considered one. In part because other teams parked the bus very well, because goalies had great games, because finishing and set pieces were poor. Teams that were supposed to be seeds, with star players in big clubs like portugal and poland flamed out quickly too, outperformed by the likes of sweden and russia. i suppose you think russia > portugal and sweden > poland? Or maybe in an elimination tournament, happens and the best team doesnt necessarily win?

my unders, my frgn whites pgardn's Avatar
    My Team
    --- Clubs
    Post Count
    the line between failure and success is razor thin, in 2014 argentina could and should have beat germany if higuain capitalizes on (hummels?) header back at goal, instead of talking about higuain and messi being chokers people and the amazing german tactics people would talk about germany not winning since 1990 and messi being the GOAT. I said the same thing when germany failed to qualify- could they have played a little better from a defense / creation stand point, sure, but regardless of that they had plenty of goal scoring opportunities in all 3 games that they were unlucky to convert, either because the opposing GK was inspired or the finishing a bit off. nobody always wins, specially not anymore. and the VAR thing is not an excuse, its logic- it was introduced to remove errors and improve consistency, yet there were still errors, and to make it worse those errors consistently went against south american teams. Im not surprised because it was obvious there would still be errors, what is surprising is that they were this obviously biased.

if you really think england played belgium better than brasil, or that the games are even comparable, you have to be re ed, courtois didnt even make a save against england. If the game had 2 more minutes brasil likely ties it up. France beat argentina well, but this argentina team is a literal disaster and even so scored 3 on them and had them defending to the last minute. uruguay was unlucky to give away a good goal on a free kick to france (one of very few they gave up, on a not particularly dangerous play and that they were carded for), but they were the ones creating more danger on the other end and should have been given a penalty kick when godin was grabbed by the shorts for 3 meters and then pushed in the back on a freekick. It wasnt called and shortly after their keeper pulls a karius, game over. france then proceeded to cynically waste time with a 2-0 lead and 40 minutes to play. colombia werent great, about equal to england, difference is one scored on a play the other on a flop (and england's keeper went 3 feet forward on the last PK, what the is VAR for, that isnt an interpretation play).

the story here isnt "south america is tactically weak/ chokers / chimps" / "euros are superior" or whatever racist BS you want to play. the story here is that attacking, star teams- Spain, Germany, Argentina, Brasil (4 of the top 6 contenders, only france and belgium left, the first 3 with the highest possession% of the tourney) have been eliminated, of that group only argentina and brasil by other contenders, and if we are being serious argentina shouldnt be considered one. In part because other teams parked the bus very well, because goalies had great games, because finishing and set pieces were poor. Teams that were supposed to be seeds, with star players in big clubs like portugal and poland flamed out quickly too, outperformed by the likes of sweden and russia. i suppose you think russia > portugal and sweden > poland? Or maybe in an elimination tournament, happens and the best team doesnt necessarily win?
    Wow.
    There is actually a good deal of validity to most of this.
    And coming from the Kane flopped guy... shocking.

My Team
    Germany
    Post Count

son your base reasoning is fundamentally flawed.
    The teams you call contenders all had massive flaws which didn't even need strong contenders to be shown. Germany lacked heart and a CDM. Spain lacked size and got shut down by a pedestrian Russia. Brasil lacked a true 9 and got exposed hard by belgium for this. Uruguay lacks creation in midfield and can't pressure a big team. It's all strategy tbh, all these teams got exposed for fundamental flaws. It's not about luck. It's not about hummels not making a header. It's not about a missed penalty. It's about flawed teams being exposed TIME AND TIME AGAIN through CLEAR weaknesses:
    - varane's head isn't lucky when France are big and athletic as , it's a certainty you need to plan for
    - mexico counter attack isn't lucky, you need to run and press them hard when you lose possesion and you need a cdm
    - brasil own goal and inability to cover hazard/de bruyne/lukkkaku 1v1 isn't bad luck, it's a consequence of belgium manhandling them. Belgium botched so many simple 3v3 counter-attacks that the score could've been in the 7-1 territory.
    - brasil's gabriel jesus wasn't robbed by the ref, the ref was constantly antagonized by all the flopping and hence called the game close instead of loose, he even didn't card neymar (2 horrible yellow worthy flops just from memory.)
    - argentina didn't have bad luck vs iceland, they lack size upfront and couldn't open a basic defence. Argentina didn't have bad luck vs France, they were so exposed on the back wings that only a sleepwalking performance and some brilliant individual goals from Argentina made the game look close (it wasn't)
    - colombia wasn't robbed by the ref, they played dirty nigball all compe ion and refs started calling them out. They also weren't unlucky, they just didn't play football unless they were behind.

So GIVE ME A ING BREAK with all the race baiting and luck takes. All these teams lost because they had major weaknesses which were exposed time and time again. It's not luck/bad luck. You don't plan games and tournaments with perfect conditions in mind, refs make mistakes, players miss siters, players have bad days, wonder goals happen, etc. You're good enough you beat them anyway 90% of the time. You can't call ALL these teams going out on bad luck, it's just gross neglect of statistics.

my unders, my frgn whites pgardn's Avatar
    My Team
    --- Clubs
    Post Count
    son your base reasoning is fundamentally flawed.
    The teams you call contenders all had massive flaws which didn't even need strong contenders to be shown. Germany lacked heart and a CDM. Spain lacked size and got shut down by a pedestrian Russia. Brasil lacked a true 9 and got exposed hard by belgium for this. Uruguay lacks creation in midfield and can't pressure a big team. It's all strategy tbh, all these teams got exposed for fundamental flaws. It's not about luck. It's not about hummels not making a header. It's not about a missed penalty. It's about flawed teams being exposed TIME AND TIME AGAIN through CLEAR weaknesses:
    - varane's head isn't lucky when France are big and athletic as , it's a certainty you need to plan for
    - mexico counter attack isn't lucky, you need to run and press them hard when you lose possesion and you need a cdm
    - brasil own goal and inability to cover hazard/de bruyne/lukkkaku 1v1 isn't bad luck, it's a consequence of belgium manhandling them. Belgium botched so many simple 3v3 counter-attacks that the score could've been in the 7-1 territory.
    - brasil's gabriel jesus wasn't robbed by the ref, the ref was constantly antagonized by all the flopping and hence called the game close instead of loose, he even didn't card neymar (2 horrible yellow worthy flops just from memory.)
    - argentina didn't have bad luck vs iceland, they lack size upfront and couldn't open a basic defence. Argentina didn't have bad luck vs France, they were so exposed on the back wings that only a sleepwalking performance and some brilliant individual goals from Argentina made the game look close (it wasn't)
    - colombia wasn't robbed by the ref, they played dirty nigball all compe ion and refs started calling them out. They also weren't unlucky, they just didn't play football unless they were behind.

So GIVE ME A ING BREAK with all the race baiting and luck takes. All these teams lost because they had major weaknesses which were exposed time and time again. It's not luck/bad luck. You don't plan games and tournaments with perfect conditions in mind, refs make mistakes, players miss siters, players have bad days, wonder goals happen, etc. You're good enough you beat them anyway 90% of the time. You can't call ALL these teams going out on bad luck, it's just gross neglect of statistics.
    Just by stats Germany should have advanced.

Watch the games.
    And call out the fundamental flaws BEFORE the match because Belgium has many fundamental flaws.
    So does France.

You need to predict which fundamental flaw will be exposed BEFORE the contest.
    Your hindsight is amazing.

My Team
    Germany
    Post Count
    Just by stats Germany should have advanced.

Watch the games.
    And call out the fundamental flaws BEFORE the match because Belgium has many fundamental flaws.
    So does France.

You need to predict which fundamental flaw will be exposed BEFORE the contest.
    Your hindsight is amazing.
    I'm not pretending to have seen all the flaws beforehand sons. I'm just pointing them out and saying that in hindsight those teams didn't fail because of bad luck.
    I'm also reminding people that I called out south american teams for their inflexible brand of football since a long time ago.

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    England
    Post Count
    tbh I just discuss about football quality in general. Argentina choked vs Icyland (trash) not vs a weak Italy/Netherlands. Peru was the better team yet lost against an absolute no name Denmark. Urugay beat Egypt so that doesn't say much in my book. I'm saying that barely qualifying 2nd/3rd tiers from Europe are holding their own against the best from other continents (sans Brasil). You'd think Bosnia / Austria / Netherlands / Italy / Turkey / Slovakia / Ukraine / Slovenia / Bulgaria / Romania / Greece / Norway / etc would do the same, since they're either right there tbh with Denmark/Croatia or much better. My point is that the rest of the world plays either tactically antiquated systems or lacks personal discipline even with euro coaches. There are exceptions (Brasil, Uruguay) but they are rare and tbh I'm actually seeing Europe pulling away instead of the other way around (As we'd all expected 10-15 years ago)

I actually like the 48 cup for this reason, seeing more world vs world. Tbh I think we should let all decent teams play, one more game hurts nobody imo.
    Denmark were the tallest team in the tourney; lots of good athletes on that team. And like Sweden and Belgium who went far, they had an impressive unbeaten streak coming into the tourney. Tbh, they're better quality than Croatia and should be in the semis, tbh.

My Team
    Germany
    Post Count
    Denmark were the tallest team in the tourney; lots of good athletes on that team. And like Sweden and Belgium who went far, they had an impressive unbeaten streak coming into the tourney. Tbh, they're better quality than Croatia and should be in the semis, tbh.
    this is a game of skill son, big tall athletes are useful but not necessary. Croatia on a bad day outplayed Denmark, because they got better talent across the board, have a stellar midfield and are better compe ors (as seen in the dramatic match vs russia). Also, if you'd bother to actually watch the games, Croatia are very athletic and fast themselves.

just lol at your entire post smh

Post Count
    I think one thing all the semifinalists have in common is that at some point during the tournament they had a huge scare and were able to overcome it. Other teams went thru the same and could not recover. I believe there's merit in all 4 of these teams

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    England
    Post Count
    this is a game of skill son, big tall athletes are useful but not necessary. Croatia on a bad day outplayed Denmark, because they got better talent across the board, have a stellar midfield and are better compe ors (as seen in the dramatic match vs russia). Also, if you'd bother to actually watch the games, Croatia are very athletic and fast themselves.

just lol at your entire post smh
    Japan finishes the job against Belgium if they have height, "son".

Just lol at you be your typical self.

My Team
    Germany
    Post Count
    Japan finishes the job against Belgium if they have height, "son".

Just lol at you be your typical self.
    sons Japan only had chances vs Belgium because the Belgian back line is poor and fails each time it is tested. In the game against Brasil the midfield supplanted it, so the weaknesses were hidden. Also I'll continue to call a coach a dumbass even if he wins with obvious tactics. Not calling nainggolan is going to hurt vs France, as will playing a back 3. Results don't make a wrong a right.

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    England
    Post Count
    sons Japan only had chances vs Belgium because the Belgian back line is poor and fails each time it is tested. In the game against Brasil the midfield supplanted it, so the weaknesses were hidden. Also I'll continue to call a coach a dumbass even if he wins with obvious tactics. Not calling nainggolan is going to hurt vs France, as will playing a back 3. Results don't make a wrong a right.
    Let's bring it back, son. I never said skill doesn't matter. Only an idiot pretends height doesn't have it's advantages. It's pretty much the only reason Fellani is in the Belgium line-up.

Thread Information