Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yup I think Spurs fans should send the message out there that we are in support of Kawhi, but he needs to get himself out of Uncle Dennis clutches because he is misrepresenting him

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    They guy is suddenly 100% just in time for trade talks. Damn right, something doesn't seem right.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yup I think Spurs fans should send the message out there that we are in support of Kawhi, but he needs to get himself out of Uncle Dennis clutches because he is misrepresenting him
    The problem is he views his uncle as his father. I just can't see him turning on his uncle.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Uncle Dennis is not the first relative who tried to meddle on their son/daughter professional career. It’s obvious Uncle Dennis action or lack off shows he’s amateur and inexperienced. The family should see what a circus he has created and just let him go. Hey there’s a time to be grateful for all the things that his done, family but he’s not the best for job. Not because I’m a Spurs fan but everyone agrees this was not handled professionally, heck even Charles Barkley

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Uncle Dennis is not the first relative who tried to meddle on their son/daughter professional career. It’s obvious Uncle Dennis action or lack off shows he’s amateur and inexperienced. The family should see what a circus he has created and just let him go. Hey there’s a time to be grateful for all the things that his done, family but he’s not the best for job. Not because I’m a Spurs fan but everyone agrees this was not handled professionally, heck even Charles Barkley
    I wonder when Kawhi's dad got murdered if Kawhi's family was struggling financially and if Uncle Dennis stepped in to provide them some financial relief. If that's the case then I can see why Kawhi would feel obligated to him granted I still don't agree with it.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Uncle Dennis is potentially going to cost Kawhi 80mil, not to mention his good image. Kawhi will be branded greedy, ungrateful to the Spurs organization who helped nurture him to the player he is now. Heck Uncle Dennis should realize this if he truly cares for his nephew.

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I do believe his uncle is the one responsible for all of this but the problem is removing his uncle from this situation.
    SAS has been reporting for months that Uncle Dennis is the problem.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Uncle Dennis is potentially going to cost Kawhi 80mil, not to mention his good image. Kawhi will be branded greedy, ungrateful to the Spurs organization who helped nurture him to the player he is now. Heck Uncle Dennis should realize this if he truly cares for his nephew.
    Damage to Kawhi's image won't last if he and his team start winning...Kobe is probably the gold standard when it comes to this...besides, outside of San Antonio (and the teams with San Antonio ties), most everyone is happy to see San Antonio suffer as some sort of comeuppance for the organization's supposed arrogance when it was winning (I believe that's also called professional jealousy)...i think Tom Ziller's article on the death of San Antonio "Mystique" ( https://www.sbnation.com/nba/2018/6/...ich-tim-duncan ) is just a mild sampling of this barely-suppressed glee...

Here is something David Griffin said on XM Radio yesterday (emphasis mine): "San Antonio is not into media frenzy. Until they have a conversation with Kawhi Leonard and he looks Coach Popovich and RC Buford in the eye and says, ‘Guys, I want out,’ none of this means anything. It really doesn’t. It’s a lot of fun to talk about. It’s a fascinating story. It’s wonderful, in some ways, that they’re now part of that media frenzy. But what makes them special is that they’ve ignored the noise for 21 years! They didn’t forget how to do that just because there’s some scuttlebutt out there." He's being nice, but he's basically saying, "Finally the Spurs will have to deal with all the BS that the rest of the league have had to deal with. Let's see how they do now."
    Last edited by toki9; 06-19-2018 at 03:33 PM.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    SAS has been reporting for months that Uncle Dennis is the problem.
    Yup I have believed it also for months his uncle was behind all of this.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    asswiper2k5 reporting for duty
    Just saw this

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    LMA DIDNT vouce his issues...wtf are u talking about?? he and Pop ONLY talked AFTER no one wanted him in a trade
    Fake ing news.

You are one asshurt Kawhi playerfan.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Dude... LMA was disgruntled the entire season and didn't give a reason for wanting to be traded... Everything happened afterwards in terms of him and Pop talking... And when no one wanted him, they hashed it out
    Also false. It had nothing to do with people or wanting him. In fact, the Trailblazers were reportedly interested in having him back, per reports ar the time. It had everything to do with Pop not being willing to tradehim for less than he thought he could get. See the Pop quote about trading him for Durant.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I do believe his uncle is the one responsible for all of this but the problem is removing his uncle from this situation.
    Either way it's on Kawhi. Even if it's the uncle, Kawhi gave him agency. Kawhi. Not sure when we will fully cut the cord on giving that fool any credit. He doesn't deserve any.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    OP's brain is all ed up, tbh

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    OP's brain is all ed up, tbh
    Irony

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Either way it's on Kawhi. Even if it's the uncle, Kawhi gave him agency. Kawhi. Not sure when we will fully cut the cord on giving that fool any credit. He doesn't deserve any.
    I agree with you that it ultimately falls on Kawhi's shoulders. Unfortunately I do think Kawhi is re ed with some social illness ala Asperger, autism so I don't see the cord being cut anytime soon.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    oh look, the old got 'pro troll'

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Triggered again. Sad to be you

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Ppl blaming his uncle when no credible source has ever actually attributed any quote or decision to him... Ppl just assume... Beware of the media...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Also false. It had nothing to do with people or wanting him. In fact, the Trailblazers were reportedly interested in having him back, per reports ar the time. It had everything to do with Pop not being willing to tradehim for less than he thought he could get. See the Pop quote about trading him for Durant.
    No ... If ppl offer scraps for you, they don't really want you... That was my point... It's only AFTER he couldn't get traded that the talks haooened

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Was he in the feminine hygiene aisle getting tampons?

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Yeah, she does exude a lot of femininity. Not that there's anything wrong with that

Thread Information