Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Sec. Kirstjen Nielsen

@SecNielsen
    This misreporting by Members, press & advocacy groups must stop. It is irresponsible and unproductive. As I have said many times before, if you are seeking asylum for your family, there is no reason to break the law and illegally cross between ports of entry.

Sec. Kirstjen Nielsen

@SecNielsen
    You are not breaking the law by seeking asylum at a port of entry.

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2018...at-border.html

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Sec. Kirstjen Nielsen

@SecNielsen
    For those seeking asylum at ports of entry, we have continued the policy from previous Administrations and will only separate if the child is in danger, there is no custodial relationship between 'family' members, or if the adult has broken a law.
    2:52 PM - Jun 17, 2018

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    In what danger were these kids that they had to be put in camps and ripped from their parents? Why isn't this tweeting about that?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    In what danger were these kids that they had to be put in camps and ripped from their parents? Why isn't this tweeting about that?
    The fact that their parents were willing to use them as leverage to break the law is clear and present danger.

Still Hates Small Ball Spurminator's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Trump official says Fake News.

Boy cries wolf.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Nielsen says there's is no policy of separation, we're "policy innocent" so it's OK if we do separation

JeBo has ordered that all asylum seekers now be treated as criminals, so "the law sez" children must be separated from criminals.

Jebo says his goons do separation

Stephen Miller says it was a "simple decision" to do separation

Nielsen is ing LYING
    Last edited by boutons_deux; 06-17-2018 at 11:39 PM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Sec. Kirstjen Nielsen

@SecNielsen
    For those seeking asylum at ports of entry, we have continued the policy from previous Administrations and will only separate if the child is in danger, there is no custodial relationship between 'family' members, or if the adult has broken a law.
    2:52 PM - Jun 17, 2018

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Nielsen says there's is no policy of separation, we're "policy innocent" so it's OK if do separation

JeBo has ordered that all asylum seekers now be treated as criminals, so "the law sez" children must be separated from criminals.
    Must use port en ies to do it legally

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Must use port en ies to do it legally
    Not true, if this is:

8 U.S. Code § 1225 - Inspection by immigration officers; expedited removal of inadmissible arriving aliens; referral for hearingp

(a)Inspection
    (1)Aliens treated as applicants for admissionAn alien present in the United States who has not been admitted or who arrives in the United States (whether or not at a designated port of arrival and including an alien who is brought to the United States after having been interdicted in international or United States waters) shall be deemed for purposes of this chapter an applicant for admission.
    https://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/text/8/1225

also,

8 U.S. Code § 1158 - Asylum

a)Authority to apply for asylum
    (1)Any alien who is physically present in the United States or who arrives in the United States (whether or not at a designated port of arrival and including an alien who is brought to theUnitedStates after having been interdicted in international or United States waters), irrespective of such alien’s status, may apply for asylum in accordance with this section or, where applicable, section 1225(b) of this le.

One thing that is notable throughout this code, is the broad authority of the US Attorney General to make determinations about what the law is and how it applies. But if that is the case here, it puts the lie to claims that a law passed by Democrats has tied the Trump Administrations's hands.
    Last edited by Winehole23; 06-18-2018 at 01:43 AM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It is shocking to see a huge group of people so detached from reality.

A current Democratic undercurrent is that attempting to engage with Trump Party adherents is pointless. I think the marginalization of moderates in the GOTP will be pretty much complete in another two years.

Were I pulling the strings, I would be finding a few new chairs in the tent for people to stay for a while. I am also of the opinion that the atmosphere is right for a new party to form, likely center-right.

My Team
    Houston Rockets
    Post Count
    Trump admin has lost track of 6,000 children.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It is shocking to see a huge group of people so detached from reality.

A current Democratic undercurrent is that attempting to engage with Trump Party adherents is pointless. I think the marginalization of moderates in the GOTP will be pretty much complete in another two years.

Were I pulling the strings, I would be finding a few new chairs in the tent for people to stay for a while. I am also of the opinion that the atmosphere is right for a new party to form, likely center-right.
    Dude are you ever going stop predicting the imminent demise of the GOP? You should have learned by now.

There is just as much (or more) of a battle for control occurring within the Democrat party and all you can do is stick your head in the sand and tell yourself everything is fine.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Dude are you ever going stop predicting the imminent demise of the GOP? You should have learned by now.

There is just as much (or more) of a battle for control occurring within the Democrat party and all you can do is stick your head in the sand and tell yourself everything is fine.
    I don't think it's imminent demise he's describing; just the whitling away of anything not resembling the orthodox base.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Trump Party will not be dead any time soon. It will become something of a zombie party, unable to win the Presidency.

Unlike you, I have a frontline view to what is going on in the Democratic party. Whatever internal debates are going on, will be settled by the intense desire to win elections. A lot of energy is being poured into constructive ways, such as outreach, candidate training, and networking.

No Democrat I have talked to, within my social network that spans the country, and without it, has said they will let anything keep them from presenting a united front this fall.

But, if you want to keep thinking the Trump Party is doing fine, and Democrats will keep squabbling, that suits me perfectly. It will keep you from addressing the problems, and that will keep your morally and intellectually bankrupt party far from national power. I'm fine with that.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don't think it's imminent demise he's describing; just the whitling away of anything not resembling the orthodox base.
    A "zombie" party. Not dead, but certainly not alive. The echo chamber effect is pretty much complete, and cults don't die easy. It is easy to see the strength of the delusions from outside, but inside the chamber... almost impossible.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    and that will keep your morally and intellectually bankrupt party far from national power
    This is what you've been saying for many years and the whole time it has been your party in decline.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    A "zombie" party. Not dead, but certainly not alive. The echo chamber effect is pretty much complete, and cults don't die easy. It is easy to see the strength of the delusions from outside, but inside the chamber... almost impossible.
    I agree the Democrat Party is on it's last legs. Even here at Spurstalk we have a good example - the party is represented by 100% trolls.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This is what you've been saying for many years and the whole time it has been your party in decline.
    His party literally went bankrupt.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Define "decline", and then explain exactly how that applies to the Democrats. Your claim, your burden of proof.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Define "decline", and then explain exactly how that applies to the Democrats. Your claim, your burden of proof.
    Your party hasn't been in this weak of a position politically for a hundred years. Are you not aware of this?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Your party hasn't been in this weak of a position politically for a hundred years. Are you not aware of this?
    That is neither a definition of "decline", nor an application of that definition as it applies to Democrats.

Your claim, your burden of proof.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    RG clammed up pretty fast on that one. Easy to shut him down with simple questions tbh

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    RG clammed up pretty fast on that one. Easy to shut him down with simple questions tbh
    Neither you, nor anyone else for that matter has asked me a single question here. Feel free to point out what question I have avoided.

Evasion, and deflection are more your shtick than mine, sorry.

Edit:

Snakeboy's question is exactly what I am getting him to spell out, so that I can answer it. I can't answer it, if he can't tell me what exactly he means by it.

Thread Information