Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    This just popped up on Netflix the other day. It was originally a 10 part doc about a man convicted of killing his wife in 2001. They just recently updated it with 3 more episodes. I never saw it when it first came out so it was new to me.

Probably the most riveting doc that I’ve ever seen. The accused was wealthy and had a film crew on hand just weeks after the death to do ent everything. The access that was given to the French film crew is unbelievable. They were in strategy sessions for both prosecution and defense. As well as the courtroom and jail.

So so as opposed to many true crime docs that involve recreations or interviews years later, this captures the events while they were happening.

9/10.

The last three add on episodes were kind of slow. Some interesting moments but could have been done in one hour or maybe 90 minutes.

But the first 10 are incredibly compelling.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Better than Making a Murderer?

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Better than Making a Murderer?
    It’s neck and neck imo. Although maybe that’s due to recency bias.
    But it’s great. I was hooked very quickly in the first episode and it really doesn’t have any lulls until the final 3.

Veteran
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    I added this a few weeks back. Haven't touched it yet.

Got too many one-offs I have to get out of the way first.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Yeah, I'm not inclined to see a ten+ part do entary unless Ken Burns did it. Anything more than four really has to be extraordinary.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Yeah, I'm not inclined to see a ten+ part do entary unless Ken Burns did it. Anything more than four really has to be extraordinary.
    That's a pretty limited view...."unless Ken Burns". But to each his own.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    That's a pretty limited view...."unless Ken Burns". But to each his own.
    There are exceptions, but 13 hours on a single murder won't be one of them. To each his own.

6X ST MVP
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Iowa Hawkeyes
    There might be some kids on your lawn; you might need to yell at them.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    There might be some kids on your lawn; you might need to yell at them.
    Did you watch this 13 part series, derp?

6X ST MVP
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Iowa Hawkeyes
    Did you watch this 13 part series, derp?
    I watched the series that is akin to it (except I think there may have been extra episodes added onto Making A Murder since I watched it IIRC). It was excellent. This thread is the first I've heard of The Staircase, so I haven't seen it yet. I would say there's a good chance I'll watch it at some point.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    I watched the series that is akin to it (except I think there may have been extra episodes added onto Making A Murder since I watched it IIRC). It was excellent. This thread is the first I've heard of The Staircase, so I haven't seen it yet. I would say there's a good chance I'll watch it at some point.
    Stunning endorsement.

6X ST MVP
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Iowa Hawkeyes
    Stunning endorsement.
    I didn't know I was supposed to be selling you. You would not like it; not the type of thing at all for someone on a blue pill regimen.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    I didn't know I was supposed to be selling you. You would not like it; not the type of thing for someone on a blue pill regimen at all.
    It's political?

In what way is the do entary you haven't watched political?

Discuss the 13-hour do entary of which you have watched zero minutes.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Tech Red Raiders
    This just popped up on Netflix the other day. It was originally a 10 part doc about a man convicted of killing his wife in 2001. They just recently updated it with 3 more episodes. I never saw it when it first came out so it was new to me.

Probably the most riveting doc that I’ve ever seen. The accused was wealthy and had a film crew on hand just weeks after the death to do ent everything. The access that was given to the French film crew is unbelievable. They were in strategy sessions for both prosecution and defense. As well as the courtroom and jail.

So so as opposed to many true crime docs that involve recreations or interviews years later, this captures the events while they were happening.

9/10.

The last three add on episodes were kind of slow. Some interesting moments but could have been done in one hour or maybe 90 minutes.

But the first 10 are incredibly compelling.
    Yeah, I wasn't sure about it but once I watched the first episode, I ended up binging it.

I concur with 9/10. Very well produced

6X ST MVP
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Iowa Hawkeyes
    It's political?

In what way is the do entary you haven't watched political?

Discuss the 13-hour do entary of which you have watched zero minutes.
    I was speaking of the one I had watched, obviously. Damn you desperate (for a W); Par.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    I was speaking of the one I had watched, obviously. Damn you desperate (for a W); Par.
    Too bad this thread is about the one you haven't watched, obviously.

Is the one you watched political? Explain your talking about pills like an idiot.

6X ST MVP
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Iowa Hawkeyes
    Yeah, I wasn't sure about it but once I watched the first episode, I ended up binging it.

I concur with 9/10. Very well produced
    ChumpDumper Your fellow cuck endorses it. Would you all it a stunning endorsement?

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    ChumpDumper Your fellow cuck endorses it. Would you all it a stunning endorsement?
    He actually watched it, dumbass.

You're trying too hard.

6X ST MVP
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Iowa Hawkeyes
    Too bad this thread is about the one you haven't watched, obviously.
    You're the one that regarded a statement in which I told you I watched one, calling it an endorsement. Why would I sell you on one I haven't watched? You should try to think about logically next time.

6X ST MVP
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Iowa Hawkeyes
    He actually watched it, dumbass.

You're trying too hard.
    I never endorsed something I didn't watch, dumbass

If you're trying at all:

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    You're the one that regarded a statement in which I told you I watched one, calling it an endorsement. Why would I sell you on one I haven't watched? You should try to think about logically next time.
    Is the one you watched political? Explain your talking about pills like an idiot.

6X ST MVP
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Iowa Hawkeyes
    Triggered AF.

Of course it's political; if you weren't ignorant you'd know that. But moving past politics, it's not for someone bluepilled cos it shatters your ideal that the system is infallible and that people in high positions don't regularly abuse it or collude.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Triggered AF.

Of course it's political; if you weren't ignorant you'd know that. But moving past politics, it's not for someone bluepilled cos it shatters your ideal that the system is infallible and that people in high positions don't regularly abuse it or collude.
    I never said any system was infallible. Quite the opposite for the criminal justice system tbh.

You're quite stupid.

lol "pills"

6X ST MVP
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Iowa Hawkeyes
    I never said any system was infallible. Quite the opposite for the criminal justice system tbh.

You're quite stupid.

lol "pills"
    Oh, then you're beginning to understand how Hillary got away with her crimes. Way to get there, sport.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Oh its this kind of thread again

Thread Information