Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Veteran
    Post Count
    Admittedly I havent watched many full games, but it seems to me that already VAR is a joke. In brasil - swiss game, a foul before the swiss goal and a clear penalty for brasil not called; argentina should have gotten another penalty against iceland as well (the one they called didnt look like one to me, didnt get a chance to see the replay so maybe its fine overall). Mexico should have gotten a penalty vs germany, player clearly pulled down by the shoulders inside the box. So far its only european teams getting VAR calls, and south americans getting stupid explanations about how the VAR can only come in if the ref didnt see the play... are you telling me the ref of france and australia didnt see the tackle that became france's pk? he signalled to play on right there in the box!

i cant believe that on an NBA message board people thought VAR would help...

My Team
    CA River Plate
    Post Count
    To me it's clear that they only want to use VAR when the call is absolutely clear. If it can be somewhat argued, they won't use it.

Veteran
    My Team
    Real Madrid CF
    Post Count
    To me it's clear that they only want to use VAR when the call is absolutely clear. If it can be somewhat argued, they won't use it.
    This. Needs to be a 100% wrong decision or the call stands.

My Team
    Portugal
    Post Count
    VAR is trash tbh, I've said from the start

My Team
    Colombia
    Post Count
    Problem is who picks whch plays to officially review? This can be easily used to influence games

They need to give 2 challenges to each team and let them bring the plays up

My Team
    CA River Plate
    Post Count
    Problem is who picks whch plays to officially review? This can be easily used to influence games

They need to give 2 challenges to each team and let them bring the plays up
    Yeah, that might be better and more transparent than the current system.

65 tons of American pride Canyonero's Avatar
    My Team
    CA River Plate
    Post Count
    VAR, huh, yeah
    What is it good for?
    Absolutely nothing

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    England
    Post Count
    Here's what's wrong with it:

1. They tell AR's to keep the flag down if it's close. But then like on the second Belgium goal in which the guy's shoulder was offside, they didn't have the balls to reverse it. I wouldn't have wanted to reverse it on nitpicking either. Maybe have the AR flag it if he sees it and let play continue unless the ref blows his whistle. Then if you do the review and it's a nose or toe offside, then it doesn't feel anal to stand by the call.

2. Yea, two or three PK calls stand out for me; but I don't remember the teams now. The first the player kicked it too far away, so he slowed his momentum and got his leg under the sliding defender's leg to make it look like he was taken down. The ref called it on the video review. It was trash. On the second, the player scissor kicked the guy after tipping away the ball. It's debatable whether that is what really happened or if the guy sort of allowed himself to get caught after he had lost the ball. To the ref's credit, he didn't call it on VAR. But there's gonna be a call in which the ref does call it. Honestly, I see big drawbacks in calling PKs after the fact on review. Teams are gonna get eliminated on this stuff. I don't mind VAR verifying PK calls; but searching for them after they're not called in real time is a political road they're going down.

My Team
    Colombia
    Post Count
    Portugal and amorocco another bull VAR non check on Ronaldos goal

VAR easily manipulated to control games

My Team
    CA River Plate
    Post Count
    Portugal and amorocco another bull VAR non check on Ronaldos goal

VAR easily manipulated to control games
    What was there to check?

My Team
    Colombia
    Post Count
    What was there to check?
    Foul on an Moroccan defender. Dude got trampled on and ball easily got to Ronaldo

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    England
    Post Count
    Foul on an Moroccan defender. Dude got trampled on and ball easily got to Ronaldo
    Vid?

My Team
    Colombia
    Post Count

My Team
    Colombia
    Post Count

Obvious foul

VAR

FIFA

asterisk cup

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    England
    Post Count

Obvious foul

VAR

FIFA

asterisk cup
    FIFA cheating to get their superstar to the final. That's what was going on in 14 with Messi/Argentina, too. Nothing new.

Yeah VAR is awful.

They need to give teams one challenge per game.

My Team
    Colombia
    Post Count
    Yeah VAR is awful.

They need to give teams one challenge per game.
    One per half would be excelnt

Each Teams can have a couple guys watching replays and they can have up to 1 minute to dispute a play

Of course this cup is a huge * now

My Team
    Germany
    Post Count
    y'all s crazy tbh ... var already helped with some major decisions tbh. of course some idiot refs will misuse but in general it'll be another tool to better and more transparently referee the game. smh y'all s brainwashed

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    England
    Post Count
    First replay showed Kane offside by a half foot on his third goal. VAR replays just backed it up a split second with the ball a foot off the passer's foot. is for the elite teams.

VAR was an embarrassment today, getting killed everywhere and rightfully so..

How does Pique not get a red? He didn't even get a yellow

VAR was meant to provide transparency but man its the exact opposite.

The big teams are getting handed freebies herem

my unders, my frgn whites pgardn's Avatar
    My Team
    --- Clubs
    Post Count
    First replay showed Kane offside by a half foot on his third goal. VAR replays just backed it up a split second with the ball a foot off the passer's foot. is for the elite teams.
    Wrong.

http://www.goal.com/en/lists/world-c...717bhtu0yu3is3

And wtf did it matter Panama was pitiful.
    They are the worst team in the tournament.
    They completely suck no matter what.

I might do a ranking of teams that didnt qualify

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    England
    Post Count
    Wrong.

http://www.goal.com/en/lists/world-c...717bhtu0yu3is3

And wtf did it matter Panama was pitiful.
    They are the worst team in the tournament.
    They completely suck no matter what.
    So, the fact checker missed it or otherwise didn't have the balls to make the right call. Kane's shoulder was ahead of the last defender at the time of the ball being played to him. Any part of the body that can legally play the ball is considered for offside.

What does it matter? It actually matters for the Golden Ball. I believe he is tied with Ronaldo in goals now; and actually because he was taken off the field, he owns the tiebreaker for least minutes played; so, yea it matters. Also, it matters in that he joins an exclusive group of persons who have scored a hat trick in the World Cup. Of course, his comes with an asterisk.

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    England
    Post Count
    I might do a ranking of teams that didnt qualify
    You should totally do that so that we have something to laugh at now and especially down the road.

Thread Information