Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    My Team
    Charlotte Bobcats
    Post Count
    what a gay thread tbh. look at all spur fan here giggling like women

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    acb playoff highlights so far (clincher tonight?)

nba game time interview

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    hmmmmmmm

foaming at the nostrils raybies's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So if there's any truth to this rumor than that's why Uncle Amateur said he was 100% healthy to get a better deal. LOL From going to LA to the desert...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Manu came into the league at 25...

When Manu was 18 he wasn’t even close to being as good as Doncic lol. I’m not saying he will be as good as Manu when all said and done...but Doncic has done things no international has done..

He’s the “Wonderboy” aka European LeBron James prospect hype train.

Will he live up to it? We shall see
    Oh, you mean Doncic is better at 19 than Manu was at 19? Ok, that's different. Either way, when Manu was on Europe before coming to the NBA he was a much better and complete player than Doncic is right now. Manu was much more NBA ready, granted he was 3 or 4 years older, but still, there were less uncertainties about his game translating to the NBA style. Mainly because of his athleticism, which is Doncic's main question mark.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Oh, you mean Doncic is better at 19 than Manu was at 19? Ok, that's different. Either way, when Manu was on Europe before coming to the NBA he was a much better and complete player than Doncic is right now. Manu was much more NBA ready, granted he was 3 or 4 years older, but still, there were less uncertainties about his game translating to the NBA style. Mainly because of his athleticism, which is Doncic's main question mark.
    Yes Doncic doesn’t have superior athleticism but he has better handle, mid range game and legit 3pt range..

As I believe Kevin Pelton said..he’s the best 18-19 year old prospect since LeBron

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Are you guys re ed? Suns will never trade a #1 pick for kawhi lmao.

Kawhi just needs to say "i won't resign next year"

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yes Doncic doesn’t have superior athleticism but he has better handle, mid range game and legit 3pt range..

As I believe Kevin Pelton said..he’s the best 18-19 year old prospect since LeBron
    lol son. He's not a better prospect than Durant. Not even close.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    ayton > doncic

doncic's lack of burst scares me. the finesse/iq game works in europe. nando de colo was a good player there. in the nba you need to be much more explosive to really be some franchise defining backcourt player. or be a great great shooter. doncic is neither. i think he'd be a good nba player, but not a guy who i see leading a team to greatness.

i dont necessarily see ayton as an mvp-caliber player either, but he's the posterchild of the modern nba center. athletic and very mobile on defense, ferocious attacking the rim on O. has enough touch to take jump shots. great size. i think he's a much more sure thing to be an NBA fit than doncic.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Doncic could have a Ben Simmons-like impact. He's less athletic but actually has a shot. Not sure if his lack of elite athleticism puts a lid on his ceiling, but his floor is someone like prime Hedo and this is much better than any of the other top 5 pick's, all of whom have bust potential.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    all of that for in the end a second round pick, an unknown euro and a bag of chips

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I hope I'm wrong but I feel we all gonna be disappointed

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    sure

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You are only going to be disappointed if you actually believe Kawhi is being moved by Draft Night. I think this is going to drag on for awhile, but it's fun to think about the possible trades and what could be netted.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    all of that for in the end a second round pick, an unknown euro and a bag of chips
    Hot Cheetos or gtfo

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    ayton > doncic

doncic's lack of burst scares me. the finesse/iq game works in europe. nando de colo was a good player there. in the nba you need to be much more explosive to really be some franchise defining backcourt player. or be a great great shooter. doncic is neither. i think he'd be a good nba player, but not a guy who i see leading a team to greatness.

i dont necessarily see ayton as an mvp-caliber player either, but he's the posterchild of the modern nba center. athletic and very mobile on defense, ferocious attacking the rim on O. has enough touch to take jump shots. great size. i think he's a much more sure thing to be an NBA fit than doncic.
    i mean you can say ayton > doncic without the insane motivations..

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Celtics don’t appear to be that into getting Kawhi.
    Based on what?

Also depends on what you consider "that into". If they'd do the oft discussed Brown, Kings 1st, Rozier, Morris (rerouted for value commensurate with borderline 1st), Yabusele, Nader package, I consider that pretty into because I think it's the best the Spurs will realistically get.

I'm skeptical the Suns would take the plunge and even if they did, not only do they lack a second asset the caliber of the Kings 1st, I'm not even sure they have a 3rd asset as good as Rozier.

You are only going to be disappointed if you actually believe Kawhi is being moved by Draft Night. I think this is going to drag on for awhile, but it's fun to think about the possible trades and what could be netted.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Manu came into the league at 25...

When Manu was 18 he wasn’t even close to being as good as Doncic lol. I’m not saying he will be as good as Manu when all said and done...but Doncic has done things no international has done..

He’s the “Wonderboy” aka European LeBron James prospect hype train.

Will he live up to it? We shall see
    How many no talent ass clowns have been the "European Wonder Boy / Chinese Jordan" or whatever

Drazen Petrovic

Toni Kukoc

Darko Milicic

Vasillis Spanoillis

Sun Yue

Bogdan Bogdanovic

and how well did they do in the much more athletic NBA? Many were and bounced out within 2-3 years.

With the first 3 picks no one should be taking foreign untested "talent" unless they're Yao Ming (like 7'4") or some similar genetic lottery winner. Sorry but #1-3 should be (in no order)

Ayton
    Bagley
    Jaren Jackson Jr/Porter/Bamba

Doncic belongs with 2nd tier lottery guys like Trae Young, Sexton, Wendell Carter, Bridges brothers, etc.

Unless you're Yao Ming/LeBron (or even Amare, who was insanely jump out of the gym athletic, dominant, and 6'11"), you shouldn't go #1 or 2 over guys tested amongst other future NBAers in the NCAA/NCAA tournament. Even Ben Simmons was talked about as a risky pick considering he didn't lead his team to the NCAA tournament. But he did show his talent in the NCAA so scouts did see him play with or against NBA level talent.

Defense Wins Championships Texas_Ranger's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    How many no talent ass clowns have been the "European Wonder Boy / Chinese Jordan" or whatever

Drazen Petrovic

Toni Kukoc

Darko Milicic

Vasillis Spanoillis

Sun Yue

Bogdan Bogdanovic

and how well did they do in the much more athletic NBA? Many were and bounced out within 2-3 years.

With the first 3 picks no one should be taking foreign untested "talent" unless they're Yao Ming (like 7'4") or some similar genetic lottery winner. Sorry but #1-3 should be (in no order)

Ayton
    Bagley

Doncic belongs with 2nd tier lottery guys like Trae Young, Sexton, Wendell Carter, Bridges brothers, etc.
    Untested? Yea playing against NBA players and former NBA players is untested. How the are those college guys tested. Please tell me.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Untested? Yea playing against NBA players and former NBA players is untested. How the are those college guys tested. Please tell me.
    Against ty guys who washed out of the NBA or guys who retired already you mean? Euroleague is not the NBA. If guys like Bertans can light it up over there, it's a sorry ass league. They're not as physical in other countries leagues and it's a totally different game in America. Sorry to burst your bubble.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Drazen Petrovic

Toni Kukoc

Darko Milicic

Vasillis Spanoillis

Sun Yue

Bogdan Bogdanovic

Ayton
    Bagley

Unless you're Yao Ming/LeBron (or even Amare, who was insanely jump out of the gym athletic, dominant, and 6'11"), you shouldn't go #1 or 2 over guys tested amongst other future NBAers in the NCAA/NCAA tournament. Even Ben Simmons was talked about as a risky pick considering he didn't lead his team to the NCAA tournament. But he did show his talent in the NCAA so scouts did see him play with or against NBA level talent.
    You are probably one of those guys that were booing when the Knicks drafted Porzingis, tbh.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Petrovic was a monster tbh... that's a bad example to make your point

Defense Wins Championships Texas_Ranger's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Against ty guys who washed out of the NBA or guys who retired already you mean? Euroleague is not the NBA. If guys like Bertans can light it up over there, it's a sorry ass league. They're not as physical in other countries leagues and it's a totally different game in America. Sorry to burst your bubble.
    you probably never watched a game of Doncic so I understand that you sound like a re . But yea, Gasol brothers, Porzingis, Markkanen, Rubio and so on are just some losers. And lol ''Bertans light it up over there''. Do you even know that Bertans was not that good. He was a solid player at best, nothing special. But hey, we'll see.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Woj might know but won't be able to report:

Source: ESPN reporters won’t tip NBA Draft picks on social media this year

http://awfulannouncing.com/espn/sour...medium=twitter

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    what?

Thread Information