My Team
    Portugal
    Post Count
    Arsene Wenger believes that football is no longer producing “natural captains”.

Wenger is currently working as a pundit for beIN SPORTS during the World Cup, and was offering his analysis on Brazil’s draw with Switzerland.

The stalemate left us waiting for our first truly great team of this World Cup, and Wenger identified a possible problem for the Selecao.

“You don’t have natural captains anymore in the younger generation,” Wenger said.

“I don’t know why. Maybe because every player is now a star.

“For example, Neymar is the superstar. This guy has 170m followers.

“Even if I am captain of Neymar, he’ll do what he wants.”
    This can be seen in today's NBA as well. Just too much money involved and most of those dudes are handled with baby gloves from the very beggining. Very few truly give a tbh

damn, even in this forum you guys are crying about missing the old days?

My Team
    Germany
    Post Count
    tbh wanker is 100% right on this one, being the best player doesn't make you a leader. Today as a star you get 9543853895849 followers and pussies like missi / neymar / suarez / pogba / ozil think of themselves as great leaders when they are just great players. They aren't the zanettis, the cafus, the zidanes, the desaillys, the schwinsteigers, the effenbergs, the maldinis, the cannavaros, the nestas. The true emotional backbones of a team, not these petulant new ages gots drunk on social media success.

This is the reason for which german football right now has problems : talent but no leadership. Also the same reason for Brasil and Argentina and France and everybody honestly. A pampered generation of players can't accept they aren't #1 just because of ppg ... same dumbass mentality tbh, caused by the same problem. Woke generation of kyries gonna bring this even lower.

Also the goat talk is now only about talent, not impact. Penaldo to me as a career > Messi, not because of talent or even basic production, but because he can lead and has no fear while having top 5 talent. Penaldo's impact > Messis as he's won more with less, it's that simple, you give Argentina to Penaldo and he rings in all finals.

My Team
    Germany
    Post Count
    damn, even in this forum you guys are crying about missing the old days?
    it independent of sport son. These days there are no leaders period. Event elected leaders are just social media s.

it independent of sport son. These days there are no leaders period. Event elected leaders are just social media s.
    What do you define as a great leader?

My Team
    CA River Plate
    Post Count
    tbh wanker is 100% right on this one, being the best player doesn't make you a leader. Today as a star you get 9543853895849 followers and pussies like missi / neymar / suarez / pogba / ozil think of themselves as great leaders when they are just great players. They aren't the zanettis, the cafus, the zidanes, the desaillys, the schwinsteigers, the effenbergs, the maldinis, the cannavaros, the nestas. The true emotional backbones of a team, not these petulant new ages gots drunk on social media success.

This is the reason for which german football right now has problems : talent but no leadership. Also the same reason for Brasil and Argentina and France and everybody honestly. A pampered generation of players can't accept they aren't #1 just because of ppg ... same dumbass mentality tbh, caused by the same problem. Woke generation of kyries gonna bring this even lower.

Also the goat talk is now only about talent, not impact. Penaldo to me as a career > Messi, not because of talent or even basic production, but because he can lead and has no fear while having top 5 talent. Penaldo's impact > Messis as he's won more with less, it's that simple, you give Argentina to Penaldo and he rings in all finals.
    Sure, as long as he gets injured on the beginning of all those finals and the guy that gets in for him scores the winning goal, tbh.

Sure, as long as he gets injured on the beginning of all those finals and the guy that gets in for him scores the winning goal, tbh.
    Missy fanyboys will always remeber the name Eder

My Team
    Portugal
    Post Count

Just a leader being a leader. Meanwhile some other players choose to fake quit the NT to get off the hook for choking and costing their country a le tbh

My Team
    Germany
    Post Count
    players that control the physical and emotional tempo of a game and around which a team can rally when hits the fan.
    Players that are absolutely unfazed in the face of adversity and will not leave the pitch without leaving everything they got out there.
    players that can read the tactical situation and efficiently and clearly as a communication point between the coach and the rest of the players (no timeouts in football so coach speaks to captain mostly).
    True leaders in the lockerroom who cheers you up when you're down after a bad beatdown (us vs mexico) but restrain you from going full re after a big win.
    Players who will speak out against coach / federation / teammates if necessary for the best of the team.
    Players that embody the best values of a team.
    Players that absolutely command respect because of themselves and not because of their footballing skills, but have at least good/great skills anyway.

My Team
    Germany
    Post Count
    better results vs better teams with better stats with far worse teams.

my unders, my frgn whites pgardn's Avatar
    My Team
    --- Clubs
    Post Count

Little Philip Lahm.

My Team
    Germany
    Post Count
    update : everything that messi lacks. perfect answer tbh.

Thread Information