My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yeah, sure its nasty to lose a player of his caliber, thus destroying our chance to be really relevant for the next decade, but who knows, if he will ever be such a high caliber player again anyway.

We already ended the 50win season streak and I can live with the playoff streak ending too.
    With teams like GS and others, we may not have won another Championship in the next few years anyway (not saying, that there was no chance).
    I'm ready to be mediocre or even bad and rebuild. , it was a of a ride and since being a Spurs fan since 1993, I only had good times with the Spurs (hence the one season that landed us TD21). I can live with it being not that way and will always say a Spurs fan.

BUT with all the redemption story the 2014 Championship was the favorite one for a lot of us and I regularly reviewed some of these games (with game 6 vs OKC included) just because of my love for the team.
    Now I'm not sure, I can do this anymore, with Kawhi being such an integral part of it (and me getting a Championship shirt signed by Kawhi while on the streets of Berlin).

It's basically the Bill Cosby Show all over again. You can't watch "You gotta do the right thing Theodore" anymore, after of all what happened.

I hope we can get some peaces for him or just make a point in not trading him until late in the season(or not even that), but no team can give us back these memories in return.

No, '13 does not hurt again, but the unbelievable joy of '14 took a beating.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Dude, he's just a basketball player. Its just basketball. Spurs will be fine. I personally am excited to see how it plays out. If a player really doesn't want to be here, then I don't want him.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Is it Kawhi who wants out? I mean he can fire his uncle and co and say he wants to be a Spur. That’s why his crew don’t want him to talk alone with Pops coz that’s gonna happen. I think Pops will get through him, kawhi will fire his handlers and will get a great season. And Spurs nation will forgive him and blame Uncle Dennis
    Last edited by John B; 06-19-2018 at 11:01 AM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Pops referring to “his group” means he’s cool with Kawhi. He doesn’t like the conniving Uncle Dennis. But I’m sure Pops sees Kawhi as a victim here. I know he’s 26 but sometimes family does that but it’s time to fire your uncle Kawhi.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I wanna see Doncic on the Spurs

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Pops referring to “his group” means he’s cool with Kawhi. He doesn’t like the conniving Uncle Dennis. But I’m sure Pops sees Kawhi as a victim here. I know he’s 26 but sometimes family does that but it’s time to fire your uncle Kawhi.
    I think Kawhi is a re ed mute and Pop knows this very well. It's pretty clear he's not calling any of the shots in this situation and his Uncle is behind everything. Alex Kennedy had an interesting tweet in which he stated that RC/Pop won't trade Kawhi until they hear it from his mouth that he wants to be traded. Also if you think about it makes a lot of sense why Uncle Dennis does not want Kawhi to have a meeting with Pop/RC alone without him and his group.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Exactly. I think Pops know Kawhi’s a good kid but pressured by his uncle. I don’t think Pops would give up on him and hoping Kawhi will fire his uncle by the end of the day.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Players would get through Kawhi that his uncle is misrepresenting him. I think Kawhi wants to be a Spur

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Yeah, sure its nasty to lose a player of his caliber, thus destroying our chance to be really relevant for the next decade, but who knows, if he will ever be such a high caliber player again anyway.

We already ended the 50win season streak and I can live with the playoff streak ending too.
    With teams like GS and others, we may not have won another Championship in the next few years anyway (not saying, that there was no chance).
    I'm ready to be mediocre or even bad and rebuild. , it was a of a ride and since being a Spurs fan since 1993, I only had good times with the Spurs (hence the one season that landed us TD21). I can live with it being not that way and will always say a Spurs fan.

BUT with all the redemption story the 2014 Championship was the favorite one for a lot of us and I regularly reviewed some of these games (with game 6 vs OKC included) just because of my love for the team.
    Now I'm not sure, I can do this anymore, with Kawhi being such an integral part of it (and me getting a Championship shirt signed by Kawhi while on the streets of Berlin).

It's basically the Bill Cosby Show all over again. You can't watch "You gotta do the right thing Theodore" anymore, after of all what happened.

I hope we can get some peaces for him or just make a point in not trading him until late in the season(or not even that), but no team can give us back these memories in return.

No, '13 does not hurt again, but the unbelievable joy of '14 took a beating.
    I get your point. but tbh I felt that way at 1st about our 3peat when shaq left on bad terms feuding with Kobe cusssing out our owner.
    TBH I think we forget how tehre is some similarties ... O'neal I dont think faked injury or was overly cautious ... his issue was "I got injured on comnpany time I will get surgery and rehab on company time".
    Evryone loved shaq for his personality and he was truly dominant much more so than KObe from a physical stand-point. but that always rubbed me the wrong way that he refused to so surgery/rehab in the off-season because he wanted to record rap albums and B movies .... it sucks when these players arent willing to sacrifice for teh good of the team and why I chose Kobe's side in their "silly feud".

but when I watch the old highlights now I dont care that it ended bad Shaq was a beast he led the 3 peat.
    KL leaving shouldnt impact your joy of 2014 ...

Just might crush the value of that signed merch.
    Last edited by Killakobe81; 06-19-2018 at 11:57 AM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The austis will be in that dysfunctional hole where no one is held accountable and will miss the spurs.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Its sad spurs fans still want him. Its almost like they have no clue what the organization is about. Ironic

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This doesn't hurt me at all. 2013 will always hurt a little but 2014 was more about the beautiful game and all those beautiful passes than it did Kawhi! You could say it was a real coming out party for Kawhi and a transition into him being the franchise player but that team was the Big 3's team. Every team after you can say is Kawhi's but we didn't really do anything sans Kawhi's ankle injury. So over this. I can't wait to stop thinking about Kawhi. It sure is making my life less productive at this point. lol

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Dude, he's just a basketball player. Its just basketball. Spurs will be fine. I personally am excited to see how it plays out. If a player really doesn't want to be here, then I don't want him.
    it's really that simple. haha. People are selling their homes, crying to their pastors, and thinking life is over. If he doesn't want to be here, trade him, trade Aldridge for a lottery pick and future unprotected 1st rounder as well. Tank next season and get another lottery pick and whomever pick we traded Aldridge to. That's 4 lottery picks if we play it cool and suffer thru one bad season. That's it. I'm down for it. I wouldn't mind being bad again for a season. That way the fake fans can leave.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Did OP just compare Kawhi to Bill Cosby?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Exactly. I think Pops know Kawhi’s a good kid but pressured by his uncle. I don’t think Pops would give up on him and hoping Kawhi will fire his uncle by the end of the day.
    Players would get through Kawhi that his uncle is misrepresenting him. I think Kawhi wants to be a Spur
    but how do we know any of this? haha. everyone keeps talking about Kawhi's uncle. why is his uncle just in the picture now? This isn't the first contract Kawhi has signed with us. Did Kawhi's grandmother just have another son the past few years that suddenly can talk and orchestrate this? If the answer is "no" then his uncle has been around since the beginning. I hate to repeat that I hear in the media unless I got proof.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Did OP just compare Kawhi to Bill Cosby?
    i think you missed his point

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You know what ? you're both right and wrong.

Yes in a vacuum, this is just sports, millionaires paid to put a ball in a cylinder and dudes paying to see it.

But what people like in sports, more or less consciously is the allegory of life... Winning, losing, fighting, adversity, redemption, community, camaraderie, trahison...

And what's happening there with Kawhi and what get people passionated is that it transcends sports. It calls to their personal values, no matter what "camp" you are. The fight of good vs evil, right vs wrong...

It's a greek tragedy, Brutus stabbing Caesar.

"Tu Kawhque mi fili"

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What hurts is rooting for a guy who apparently never cared to begin with and teaching your little kids his strange name, and they say the name to you thinking it will cheer you up. It hurts knowing now that his jersey and other gear won't see the light of day again.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What hurts is rooting for a guy who apparently never cared to begin with and teaching your little kids his strange name, and they say the name to you thinking it will cheer you up. It hurts knowing now that his jersey and other gear won't see the light of day again.
    It ain't personal, I'm sure you do what's best for you and your family, just like Kawhi.

Der Willis der Spurs wird siegen! FlAVaK's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    ...I hope we can get some peace (s for him)...
    Nice freudian slip

Reminds me of "I've been looking for Frieden" from David Hasselhoff

But i get your point: the spurs future probably won't be that bright, and the memory of the younger past is also smutched...

Thread Information