Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think that if KL is gone we have to have to trade LA as well.

So three questions for the forum:

1) If we trade KL for example with Lakers for Ingram and Kuzma would you trade LA?

2) If you did what would be a legitimate get?

3) Can LA get us a 3-6 pick this year? Dallas or Orlando for example.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    We already have one disgruntled star. It would be a bad look for the Spurs to ship out our other star after getting him to buy back in and having a career year.

If LMA wants out, maybe they consider it. But until we figure out exactly how this Kawhi sweepstakes is going to end up, there is no sense in just blowing it up.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

1) If we trade KL for example with Lakers for Ingram and Kuzma would you trade LA?

this is not happening

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    There is no reason to keep Aldridge now at his age while the team is going into a full rebuild. I hope they trade him for a pick or a prospect.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don't see it..no-brainer if they're rebuilding, but are they ready to completely blow it up?

I'd be very surprised if Pop wants to coach a bottom-feeder during his last years + Aldridge is worth more to the Spurs than any potential deal they could get for him IMO..even following an MVP-caliber season, it's a tough sell if they're trying to get high-end assets in return..

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yes I would trade him. I'd look at Phoenix or Portland and try to get Jackson+ or McCullum+, something like that. Not sure if any of the teams at 3-6 would be too interested. Maybe in the 8-15 range is more realistic but that probably isn't enough value.

Also tough to trade him at/before the draft unless Kawhi is traded soon or they trade LA first.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It's up to lmarcus, if he wants out, and a trade works it won't depends on value. But LMA is probably tired to pop, if pop retires he'll probably go

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Spurs would only trade LMA to a destination of his choice. If they dumped him to a team against his will they could forget ever getting another big name free agent.
    Last edited by CosmicCowboy; 06-19-2018 at 09:58 AM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If we trade Kawhi and go into rebuilding mode, im ok trading LA to a team of his choice to try to get him a le. I dont see why we cant get a future first round pick for him. I went from hating the guy to loving the guy after he turned things around and was a man about it. Im sure Pop will meet with him and have this discussion if Kawhi gets traded for picks and young prospects.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    To the Sixers for #10?

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think we probably hold on to him instead of going into a full rebuild. If we were to trade him I'd think it would be for someone like McCollum with Portland. If I'm wrong and we do go full rebuild I could see us trading him to Memphis for Parsons and #4 and Memphis could eithr pair him with Mark Gasol or re-route him somewhere for cap space and a lower pick.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Who knows? Depends on what SA and LMA wants. If SA only gets young player(s) & pick(s)? LMA May want out. If they get vets he may want to ride it out.

It’s hard to imagine SA wanting to go full rebuild with a playoff team but with no Rudy/Kawhi and maybe no Danny? Might be tough.

I would be 100% ok with LMA wanting out to. He was a pro overall and worked his ass off last year. I think he has value. Even if it’s not a haul.

Perhaps something like LMA to Clippers to pair with DJ for #13?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Rebuilding while winning is ideal to me.

This same team with Josh Jackson instead of Rudy and a free agent instead of Danny + multiple first round picks added in? Can be a playoff team while still working towards rebuilding

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Stupid just plain stupid

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Ingram and kuzma are poopy

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    this should happen only if he requested it
    and he should be the one to choose the team

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Who knows? Depends on what SA and LMA wants. If SA only gets young player(s) & pick(s)? LMA May want out. If they get vets he may want to ride it out.

It’s hard to imagine SA wanting to go full rebuild with a playoff team but with no Rudy/Kawhi and maybe no Danny? Might be tough.

I would be 100% ok with LMA wanting out to. He was a pro overall and worked his ass off last year. I think he has value. Even if it’s not a haul.

Perhaps something like LMA to Clippers to pair with DJ for #13?
    AND DJ?

Way too much. If LA alone isn't worth their 12 pick, then he's not worth trading. I'm sure he still has 3 or 4 more solid years left. That's easily worth a 1st round pick outside the top 10.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    AND DJ?

Way too much. If LA alone isn't worth their 12 pick, then he's not worth trading. I'm sure he still has 3 or 4 more solid years left. That's easily worth a 1st round pick outside the top 10.
    No - I meant LMA to Clippers to pair with DJ (meaning DeAndre Jordan)

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    There is no reason to keep Aldridge now at his age while the team is going into a full rebuild. I hope they trade him for a pick or a prospect.
    This. Especially since he isn't even a conduit of Spurs Cultcha.

Born Slippy
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    We already have one disgruntled star. It would be a bad look for the Spurs to ship out our other star after getting him to buy back in and having a career year.

If LMA wants out, maybe they consider it. But until we figure out exactly how this Kawhi sweepstakes is going to end up, there is no sense in just blowing it up.
    Ya its already difficult attracting FAs to the creek they call the riverwalk. Get rid of the one major FA that actually wanted to come there after a career year. Not a good look at all.

If theres anything remotely attractive to FAs/players about san Antonio . Its the rep that they look after you especially with loyalty contracts. Unless he wants out, trading Lamarcus sends the wrong msg to prospective players.. Spurs honestly cant afford to do that. They slam shut any chance of competing in the FA market.

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You should never make another OP again. That include all your alts, too.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    No - I meant LMA to Clippers to pair with DJ (meaning DeAndre Jordan)
    Gotcha, and much more in line with what I think of your basketball knowledge. For a moment there, I was thinking you'd gone Kawhi-crazy.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

1) not happening.

3) If LA can get us a top6 pick, trade him regardless of Kawhi.

tv screen baseline bum sananspursfan21's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Even if the man’s offense is archaic, it ages well. Not much athleticism to lose and he can keep the Spurs a somewhat enticing team for a free agent assuming Kawhi leaves

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Sell Aldridge

Thread Information