Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    2001 Lakers only made 5 3s per game and weren't good at defending the line even in their own era, it would probably be a blowout every game..

Shaq would be completely exhausted after 5 minutes, tbh..the Lakers played at a pace of 91.1 while the Warriors play at 99.6

Comparing teams in different eras is stupid..you aren't going to take a team from a slow-paced, non-3 point shooting era, insert them in today and magically beat the Warriors..

Pat Riley said the same when asked about the Heatles vs. his 80s Lakers..they asked him how they would stop Kareem since Miami played small-ball and his response was that their team would obviously be built much differently if they were in a post-oriented era..

adolis is altuve’s father monosylab1k's Avatar
    My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    2001 Lakers would score at will on the 2017 Warriors.
    2017 Warriors would also score at will on the 2001 Lakers.

Problem is the Warriors are making 3 each trip and the Lakers are only getting 2.

I think Derek Fisher would be able to physically abuse Curry and cause the usual Curry chokejob, Klay/Kobe would cancel each other out, Shaq/Durant cancel each other out in different ways, but ultimately the pull-up 3 will be the difference maker. Warriors have it and Lakers don’t.

2017 Warriors in 6.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Kobe did this to prime D12
    dwert was a rookie you lying

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    dwert was a rookie you lying

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The team that lost a *finals* game to the one man show Iverson 76ers? No. Many teams would kick their ass. Starting with the Bulls, pretty much any of the Bulls championship teams had better strategies and were much harder to defend, much more clutch (with the most clutch player in NBA history). Then the 94 and 95 Rockettes, with Dream who would all over fat Shaq and shooters everywhere, plus prime Horry who would hit amazingly clutch shots while Kobe would just heroball it out like Westbrook. Then the Heatles, and Dubs who would just take wet s all over them in transition. That's not even considering dynastic teams like the 80s Showtime Lakers who were more talented. Even the 2014 Spus would likely beat them based on ball movement and defense alone. Maybe the 2007 Spurs would beat them with the prime Big 3 and prime Bowen to do his dirty work.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    son golden state wouldn't be able to stay on the floor with shaq, they have the personnel for neither post defense nor doubling a strong big .. not even talking shaq level. Shaq would just clog the lane and live with their 3s while gs would be in the bonus in under 5 minutes. Playing in the bonus that much it doesn't even matter who plays with shaq, they'd just parade at the ft line. It will also stop the game to a crawl.
    Yeah but GS would just single shaq with Draymond and let kobe beat the lakers solo, like what the pistons did in 04.

Veteran
    My Team
    Houston Rockets
    Post Count
    '95 Rockets swept Shaq. It wasn't a prime Shaq but still.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Prime Shaq was the best player I've ever seen(I didn't watch Jordan), but part of the reason he was so dominant was due to playing against the worst crop of Cs in NBA history(he would be great regardless, as we saw in the 90s, but I wonder what would have happened if he had other Cs to challenge him in offense in the early 2000s)..

Veteran
    My Team
    Houston Rockets
    Post Count
    Very true, the crop of centers he had to go against sucked. Vlade Divac was a top 5 center during Shaq's prime. Shawn Bradley wasn't absurdly behind.

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    99 Spurs too, and that was definitely prime Shaq.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    1971-72 Lakers were the best, but you would have had to seem them in person to realize just how good they were.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Look i can't stand either of these rigged got teams, but Donkey guarding Shaq one on one with fair refs is a joke.

My Team
    Cleveland Cavaliers
    Post Count
    The team that lost a *finals* game to the one man show Iverson 76ers? No.
    That's the only game they lost that postseason.

I mean, no team has ever had a perfect postseason. The '01 Lake Show had the most dominant single playoff run I've ever seen, more dominant than the '80s Lake Show or Celtics, '90s Bulls or the current Warriors, IMO. They went undefeated on the road, too- I'm not sure if that's ever been done before or since.

As for the hypothetical matchup, if they played in the 2001 NBA the '01 Lake Show would've beaten the '17 Warriors, and if they played in the 2017 NBA the '17 Warriors would've beaten the '01 Lake Show, IMO.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    gsw cant defend shaq, but they have some bigs that can put him to the line...gamble 1pts vs 2-3pts for gsw?

Thread Information