Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    According to Woj, it was Tony's comments that did it for Kawhi.

That sounds unnecessary from both sides.
    I call BS on this. You're telling me that Kawhi is turning down millions, if not the Super max, because of something a player that may not be on the team next year said in an interview off the court to local media. If Kawhi hadn't been such a drama queen, that interview wouldn't have registered beyond channel 4 news. He's either petty to the point of being inconceivable or, more likely, this is just an excuse he's using to deflect and hide from the fact that he wants to leave SA to go to LA.

I'd have more respect for him if he just said that.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Woj's report doesn't seem like he's getting direct info or he's piecing things together to make a story. Why would Kawhi's side leak they were avoiding Pop? Neither side benefits from the TP info. Only Kawhi's side benefits from the LA stuff (if that is what they really want). Woj didn't know something simple like the meeting already happened on Tuesday yet he's the one putting out most of the info about the situation. Also Ramona is a LA shill and she's the other source for the story from ESPN.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I call BS on this. You're telling me that Kawhi is turning down millions, if not the Super max, because of something a player that may not be on the team next year said in an interview off the court to local media. If Kawhi hadn't been such a drama queen, that interview wouldn't have registered beyond channel 4 news. He's either petty to the point of being inconceivable or, more likely, this is just an excuse he's using to deflect and hide from the fact that he wants to leave SA to go to LA.

I'd have more respect for him if he just said that.
    It is BS. Jalen said Kwahi had his mind made up last summer if not before, long before Tony said anything.

Tony didn't help none, but the jack-ss/Uncle Dennis made up there mind a long time ago.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Woj's report doesn't seem like he's getting direct info or he's piecing things together to make a story. Why would Kawhi's side leak they were avoiding Pop? Neither side benefits from the TP info. Only Kawhi's side benefits from the LA stuff (if that is what they really want). Woj didn't know something simple like the meeting already happened on Tuesday yet he's the one putting out most of the info about the situation.
    All the info is coming from Kwahi's camp. Its all one sided. Spurs haven't said anything throughout the year besides he's working to get better and then eventually "you'll have to ask kwahi and his camp".

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    All the info is coming from Kwahi's camp. Its all one sided. Spurs haven't said anything throughout the year besides he's working to get better and then eventually "you'll have to ask kwahi and his camp".
    Then where did the info that the Spurs were a long way away from offering the supermax come from? How would Kawhi's camp know what the Spurs intentions were? Or what offers the Spurs got for Kawhi? Or how long Pop is expected to coach?

Then you have the confusion over the meeting being in NY or that Kawhi was avoiding Pop, but then it gets reported that it was planned for San Diego the entire time.

ESPN has been pushing Kawhi to LA even before it was reported that he wanted to be traded. Afaik they're the only ones reporting that Kawhi only wants to go to LA.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Spurs are in rebuilding mode, the next 3 years are nothing but fodder, it's all about not building the Lakers Mistic during those 3 years. If the Lakers want Kry, they need to be hog tied to that 40 million a year contract for 5 years. I have always believed that Kry was made into what he is by the system, he is a great two way player magnified by the Spurs System. It will become evident moving forward and magnified when LA turns on him like Dwight Howard. He isn't built for the media spotlight like Kobe and Magic, he is going to wilt like a flower in the desert.
    Lol. Sorry. But your not making sense. Lakers mystique will be heightened and back to when Shaq and Kobe were winning championships if you give them Kawhi. Lebron, and PG now. All 3 of those guys are highly linked to the Lakers and coincidentally (I think not) they have room for them. This makes them favorites to win the championship for the next 3 years over Warriors. So Spurs have a conference filled with Warriors, Lakers, and Rockets super teams. It's not like PG and Kawhi are old. They could be eliminating the Spurs for the next 6 years. Popovich will work with any team besides Kawhi ti the Lakers I feel like. We need to stay in the top half of the playoff bracket in the west which we can still do without helping form a super team.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Lol. Didn't you just take the chance a couple of posts above this to drop a MAGA reference in response to the same post about Pop losing his wife.

One of those responses is rational (giving Kawhi the bird), whilst the other is irrational (making sure to rub your MAGAtry in the face of Pop since he's meanie-weanie to your Mango Mussolini.

Get ing bent, you ripe moron.
    Trump >>>> Pop.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It's probably significant that Pop was required to go to San Diego for a meeting. This is the mountain going to Mohammad. IMO this means there is no going back to the status quo ante. Kwahi is gone and the only thing left is the details on the max contract and team to be traded. If he really is adamant about going to the Lakers, that limits the FOs ability to maximize the value of the trade coming back.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

What’s that nickname Popovich has again? Something about the CIA, I think?

If there was any prohibited contact with a player under contract, the Spurs likely already know about it and have it do ented.
    CNN Pop

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Then where did the info that the Spurs were a long way away from offering the supermax come from? How would Kawhi's camp know what the Spurs intentions were? Or what offers the Spurs got for Kawhi? Or how long Pop is expected to coach?

Then you have the confusion over the meeting being in NY or that Kawhi was avoiding Pop, but then it gets reported that it was planned for San Diego the entire time.

ESPN has been pushing Kawhi to LA even before it was reported that he wanted to be traded. Afaik they're the only ones reporting that Kawhi only wants to go to LA.
    Basically said that Kwahi's camp is saying that Spurs won't offer it (may be true, but still info coming from Kwahi). Spurs don't leak stuff very often. And now we got a gush of info .... unlikely its coming from Spurs.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It's probably significant that Pop was required to go to San Diego for a meeting. This is the mountain going to Mohammad. IMO this means there is no going back to the status quo ante. Kwahi is gone and the only thing left is the details on the max contract and team to be traded. If he really is adamant about going to the Lakers, that limits the FOs ability to maximize the value of the trade coming back.
    Was curious why people think Pop going to San Diego is a big deal. Obviously Kawhi is disgruntled. Why would he go to SA? Rumors were Pop was taking care of personal matters for the past week so he probably wasn't in NY at that time anyway. Pop and Buford having their plates full is an understatement but Pop going to SD to talk to Kawhi is due diligence at this point I think.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Such bull from Leonard and Uncle Dennis. If it was Pop, Tony and the medical team, Leonard wouldn’t be saying only the Lakers. If he wants to go back to LA fine, but throwing the team under the bus in a lame effort to protect his rep is an asshole move. Please expose this bag Pop.
    It's coming, in time. Pop's obviously not shy about saying what he thinks, the only issue currently is that doing so would hurt what leverage the Spurs have left. But the claims by Leonard's camp about the Spurs not handling his injury is no small thing.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    But the claims by Leonard's camp about the Spurs not handling his injury is no small thing.
    Which is total horse . It was all in his head. He basically had a quad bruise that he convinced himself could be some career ending injury. Anybody on the Spurs medical staff that can't diagnose a quad injury should turn in their license. They got it right. Mishandling an injury to him must be "I am still in pain". Poor baby. But if the MRI's shows nothing serious wrong, there is nothing wrong. And no magical rest or rehab is going to forever fix your little aches and pains. Duncan was what like 24 when he had his knee first operated on? He played in various degrees of pain going forward. Got pretty bad towards the end.. And he dominated and won rings.. Guys like Westbrook who plays with a fierce aggression have had injuries that require surgeries. In fact 3 surgeries on the same knee.. Yeah I am sure he never plays with any aches and pains. Leonard will never be a great player again going forward IMO. He showed his true colors. Mentally fragile and soft as ..

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Injury is a cop out
    Parkers comments are a cop out

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Which is total horse . It was all in his head. He basically had a quad bruise that he convinced himself could be some career ending injury. Anybody on the Spurs medical staff that can't diagnose a quad injury should turn in their license. They got it right. Mishandling an injury to him must be "I am still in pain". Poor baby. But if the MRI's shows nothing serious wrong, there is nothing wrong. And no magical rest or rehab is going to forever fix your little aches and pains. Duncan was what like 24 when he had his knee first operated on? He played in various degrees of pain going forward. Got pretty bad towards the end.. And he dominated and won rings.. Guys like Westbrook who plays with a fierce aggression have had injuries that require surgeries. In fact 3 surgeries on the same knee.. Yeah I am sure he never plays with any aches and pains. Leonard will never be a great player again going forward IMO. He showed his true colors. Mentally fragile and soft as ..
    Don't forget that Tim also played with Plantar fasciitis.....God I miss TD!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Oh yes.. 2006 and missed almost zero time during the season and dominated in the playoffs.. Anyone who is on KL side here is a goof. Who the Sits out an entire season with an injury that requires no surgery? ing Kidding Me..

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Not to mention Manu with all his injuries, TP with his injuries and according to Dr. Jason Garrett of Airrosti said this morning that LMA knee is in bad shape and way worse than Kawhi's injury but still played the whole season! That's a copout and he's a loser for trying to blame the Spurs just admit you want to go home you damn mute!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Oh yes.. 2006 and missed almost zero time during the season and dominated in the playoffs.. Anyone who is on KL side here is a goof. Who the Sits out an entire season with an injury that requires no surgery? ing Kidding Me..

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Not to mention Manu with all his injuries, TP with his injuries and according to Dr. Jason Garrett of Airrosti said this morning that LMA knee is in bad shape and way worse than Kawhi's injury but still played the whole season! That's a copout and he's a loser for trying to blame the Spurs just admit you want to go home you damn mute!
    Yes he wants to go Home however, this injury is the real deal as far as him being Soft and just refusing to play. It took him long stretches to come back before. Expect more of this to come. KL says he is hurt, and the team is frustrated with him sitting it out. It is not over.. Be wary Lakers Fans..

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Spurs should force Leonard to play next year and ban his uncle from any Spurs facilities. That might get him to open his demands to not play any team but the Lakers. Love to see the prick squirm having to play with teammates who are professionals and think he’s a complete . A year of for Kawhi and if he pulls any injury sue his ass for pay and damages.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Spurs should force Leonard to play next year and ban his uncle from any Spurs facilities. That might get him to open his demands to not play any team but the Lakers. Love to see the prick squirm having to play with teammates who are professionals and think he’s a complete . A year of for Kawhi and if he pulls any injury sue his ass for pay and damages.
    He could be dealt for Picks tomorrow night. If he is NOT, then make him report to camp and face the music for his actions. Wait it out..

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Lol. Sorry. But your not making sense. Lakers mystique will be heightened and back to when Shaq and Kobe were winning championships if you give them Kawhi. Lebron, and PG now. All 3 of those guys are highly linked to the Lakers and coincidentally (I think not) they have room for them. This makes them favorites to win the championship for the next 3 years over Warriors. So Spurs have a conference filled with Warriors, Lakers, and Rockets super teams. It's not like PG and Kawhi are old. They could be eliminating the Spurs for the next 6 years. Popovich will work with any team besides Kawhi ti the Lakers I feel like. We need to stay in the top half of the playoff bracket in the west which we can still do without helping form a super team.

we gave Dennis Rodman to the Bulls for next to nothing, and they get 3 les, Spurs win their first Four years later and 5 all together. Kawhitter is a great player, but he is also enhanced by the system. Paul George, Kawhi and Lebron are good, but I have a feeling they won't be enough to stop Golden State.

Thread Information