Page 10 of 45 FirstFirst ... 6789101112131420 ... LastLast
    My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    DRob was my dad's favorite NBA player, the reason why he became a Spurs' fan and made me one. I LOVE him.

But he won't be in a Spurs' uniform next seasons, it's likely Pop will retire in 2020, Manu too, and Parker looks so washed at this point of his career.

Just be honest, you know it would have been better if they would have kept their mouths closed instead of bashing and running Kawhi out of SA...

I would have preferred they would have been smarter and long-term thinking...After Pop's retirement the Spurs will need all the talent they could get and that's not exactly Tony Parker.

I don't expect anything from Kawhi's camp since they're stupid, newbies and unprofessional but expected way more from the Spurs. If they would have handled this situation better, they could have kept Kawhi or get great offers for him this offseason.

Kawhi's camp at ute helped to decrease this player's value as much as these Spurs' comments.
    Kawhi was gone the second his uncle became his agent.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    QUOTE=JPB;9435547]You don't tell what Robinson has to say, Kawhi urethra residue, much less calling him idiot...

You don't even talk about Robinson.
    You don't even talk at all.

You STFU and stay where you're place is... void, nothingness, oblivion.

Robinson was building spurs legend that your mom was still doing what Kawhi can't do... wipe his own ass.

He has all the rights to speak on behalf of all spurs fans and say what they all think. Our , David.

Robinson IS the spurs, Kawhi is a mother ing piece of , and you are a microb on this piece of .

All you do is ting on Pop, ting on the Spurs, ting on Manu, ting on Parker and now ting on Robinson.

You're just one big giant tap. No, correction. You're just a noxious green-brown puddle.

So STFU and stay where you have and you will spend your whole life... insignifiance.[/QUOTE]

JPB - Saying get that weak out of here

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    If the Spurs are really rebuilding Walker will get rotation minutes. Otherwise it's Austin to learn how to play basketball. Guy's got NBA moves and athleticism but looks like he needs a lot of work.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Kawhi was gone the second his uncle became his agent.
    You would be so stupid if you think his uncle wasn't in Kawhi's life and career before...

They asked for a trade because it was always supermax deal or a trade but Spurs' comments in public helped a lot to make that decision.

It's so naive to think those comments had no influence at all.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He'll be a wine snob before long.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    You would be so stupid if you think his uncle wasn't in Kawhi's life and career before...

They asked for a trade because it was always supermax deal or a trade but Spurs' comments in public helped a lot to take that decision.

It's so naive to think those comments had no influence at all.
    if Kawhi is such a mentally weak snowflake on top of being a china doll, why would anyone think he deserves the supermax?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If the Spurs are really rebuilding Walker will get rotation minutes. Otherwise it's Austin to learn how to play basketball. Guy's got NBA moves and athleticism but looks like he needs a lot of work.
    Yeah, because he can't learn that on the NBA.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    if Kawhi is such a mentally weak snowflake on top of being a china doll, why would anyone think he deserves the supermax?
    It's not about he deserves it or not, it's about how the Spurs let frustration put themselves in a weak position.

They could deny Kawhi that deal and still be in a good relationship with the player to work together for a trade and get great offers for him.

But those comments in public burned bridges.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Yeah, because he can't learn that on the NBA.
    Sure, just like Derrick White did with all his NBA minutes last year.

The big difference is Walker's existing skill set does fill a glaring need for the Spurs. I'll be happy if that's enough to overcome his deficiencies for 20 mpg in San Antonio-- I just think that's a stretch from what little I've seen.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    It's not about he deserves it or not
    It's whether he would get it or not.

If the Spurs promised the supermax right now, Kawhi's degenerative butthurtosis would magically heal.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Sure, just like Derrick White did with all his NBA minutes last year.

The big difference is Walker's existing skill set does fill a glaring need for the Spurs. I'll be happy if that's enough to overcome his deficiencies for 20 mpg in San Antonio-- I just think that's a stretch from what little I've seen.
    And what is the point you are trying to make with that?

White should have been in the rotation last season. If he had, he would be way ahead on his developing process.

Watching the collapse benefactor's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You don't tell what Robinson has to say, Kawhi urethra residue, much less calling him idiot...

You don't even talk about Robinson.
    You don't even talk at all.

You STFU and stay where you're place is... void, nothingness, oblivion.

Robinson was building spurs legend that your mom was still doing what Kawhi can't do... wipe his own ass.

He has all the rights to speak on behalf of all spurs fans and say what they all think. Our , David.

Robinson IS the spurs, Kawhi is a mother ing piece of , and you are a microb on this piece of .

All you do is ting on Pop, ting on the Spurs, ting on Manu, ting on Parker and now ting on Robinson.

You're just one big giant tap. No, correction. You're just a noxious green-brown puddle.

So STFU and stay where you have and you will spend your whole life... insignifiance.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    And what is the point you are trying to make with that?
    White got most of his minutes in Austin last season.

White should have been in the rotation last season. If he had, he would be way ahead on his developing process.
    Are you saying what you are wishing or what you think will actually happen?

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I know there are going to be growing pains, but I'm excited to see this kid play.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    DRob would've been another ringless bum without Timmy. Gtfo
    Spurs would be in another city with probably a different name if not for Robinson. San Antonio has grown to be a bigger city, but back when the Admiral was drafted, it was barely on the map. A big star like Robinson could have reentered the draft, but he chose to go to SA because he was duty bound. A guy with that kind of character is never a bum, even if he would have been le-less without Timmy (and who's to say Timmy wins in '99 without Robinson-and if not for '99, would Tim have gone to Florida?).

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    White got most of his minutes in Austin last season.

Are you saying what you are wishing or what you think will actually happen?
    I'm saying what I think it should happen. I know Pop is allergic to playing rookies.

Also, the whole "he needs to go to Austin to learn how to play basketball" is bull . Getting regular time playing on the big leagues helps develop a young prospect a lot more than playing with lesser compe ion.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It's whether he would get it or not.
    He didn't get it. But those comments made hard to have decent offers or more teams involved because the Spurs can't even work with the player right now.

Like it or not, it's never a smart move to question and bash the franchise player in public.

You say that's fine and teams should wash dirty laundry in public, I say it's a mistake.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm saying what I think it should happen. I know Pop is allergic to playing rookies.

Also, the whole "he needs to go to Austin to learn how to play basketball" is bull . Getting regular time playing on the big leagues helps develop a young prospect a lot more than playing with lesser compe ion.
    At the cost of winning games? I think not.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

It's definitely going to be entertaining watching these two new draft picks in the regular season... I can't wait!

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    So wishes.

Sure, but the mistakes are magnified and actually count against the NBA team.

That's why there's a farm system.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    He didn't get it. But those comments made hard to have decent offers or more teams involved because the Spurs can't even work with the player right now.

Like it or not, it's never a smart move to question and bash the franchise player in public.

You say that's fine and teams should wash dirty laundry in public, I say it's a mistake.
    Kawhi is in control of his reaction to any perceived slight.

He reacted in the worst possible way.

That's Kawhi's fault.
    Last edited by Pavlov; 06-22-2018 at 01:20 PM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It's not about he deserves it or not, it's about how the Spurs let frustration put themselves in a weak position.

They could deny Kawhi that deal and still be in a good relationship with the player to work together for a trade and get great offers for him.

But those comments in public burned bridges.
    He’s going to have to decide how many tens of millions all this pouting is worth to him.

Burning bridges? Who the do these amateurs think they’re dealing with? Do they really think the Spurs don’t have all the dirt on them they need? I think they’ve shown admirable restraint myself.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Kawhi's is in control of his reaction to any perceived slight.

He reacted in the worst possible way.

That's Kawhi's fault.
    Like the Spurs reacted well...."my injury was 100 times worse" "ask his group"

They could be more more polite and diplomatic "well, we wish him the best...wish his injury heal soon" while killing him in private but again they opted to burn bridges with comments in public.

I expected way better from the Spurs.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I hope Parker punks Lonnie often in his rookie year so we know he's not a snowflake. God forbid you wait until their first true free agency during an unprecedented abandonment of both your team and standards of public relations to offer mild criticism.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He’s going to have to decide how many tens of millions all this pouting is worth to him.
    It seems like he already decided it.

Burning bridges? Who the do these amateurs think they’re dealing with? Do they really think the Spurs don’t have all the dirt on them they need? I think they’ve shown admirable restraint myself.
    Well, if bashing their players in public will be Spurs' approach to talented young guys, I guess they'll fall on keeping them on the team next year.

We'll see when the Spurs get a top 3-5 player again if they will be able to keep him or this was just about Kawhi. Only time will tell.

Thread Information