Page 12 of 45 FirstFirst ... 2891011121314151622 ... LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    We're not talking here if the Spurs mishadling his injury or not, we're talking about how questioning or bashing a franchise player in front of media could affect a team or not.
    So let me get this straight... the “franchise player” can fake an injury, effectively steal 17 million dollars, and torpedo said franchise, in order to screw them over and force them to take 2 cents on the dollar while he galavants with his new buddies on a super-team in LA, but if the Spurs act irritated about his doing that in public, they’re the bad guys?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Different roles, it seems.
    Well, even more bull then, since last season's team needed White's skillsets (playmaking) more than Forbes' skillset (spot up shooter). Besides, it's not like White couldn't shoot.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So let me get this straight... the “franchise player” can fake an injury, effectively steal 17 million dollars, and torpedo said franchise, in order to screw them over and force them to take 2 cents on the dollar while he galavants with his new buddies on a super-team in LA, but if the Spurs act irritated about his doing that in public, they’re the bad guys?
    +1

I don't care if you are the best player on the team, that doesn't give you a pass to get away with murder.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Well, even more bull then, since last season's team needed White's skillsets (playmaking) more than Forbes' skillset (spot up shooter). Besides, it's not like White couldn't shoot.
    The regular playing time in Austin argues he wouldn't be as good a shooter as Forbes and there were already enough nonshooters on the perimeter.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think Pop is going to play whoever he thinks gives us the best chance at winning. This team has been pretty good at that. Winningest team in sports. Hard to argue with that.
    You didn't answer the question.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Spurs were getting questions daily from reporters about Kawhi and his condition. Meanwhile, Kawhi was being all nebulous and about it. It was only a matter of time before they gave a response that could be perceived as a slight, and frankly, the frustration on the Spurs side was justified.
    I don't think this was something inevitable that would happen sooner or later...You can keep saying the right things to media "we don't know but we wish him the best" ..That would have worked a lot better than those comments.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don't think this was something inevitable that would happen sooner or later...You can keep saying the right things to media "we don't know but we wish him the best" ..That would have worked a lot better than those comments.
    They said that about 100 times. At a certain point, just saying the same thing over and over again is basically pleading the fifth, and people can read right through it.

Not saying those comments didn't exacerbate the situation, but Kawhi also didn't help the situation at all, and getting so butthurt over it is a massive overreaction.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Forbes averaged 23+ points per game in the G-League the year prior, and had a great Summer League. He earned his chance.

White was coming in as an unknown commodity, and he looked much better at the end of his G-League stint than he did at the beginning. The Spurs needed every bit of help they could get just to stay afloat last season...that's not the time to take a gamble on a rotation player and let him learn on the fly.

Not if they are hardly playing.
    I agree starting the season with Forbes instead of White. But when we got to the point that it was obvious that Forbes wasn't giving us much and White was tearing up on the G-league, I think it would have been wise to give White a chance to see what he could bring to the team.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Kawhi's group should have been asked about his condition-- Pop had no idea what was going on.

Parker's injury was much more acutely worse than Kawhi's-- no one could even try to argue differently.

The fact that Kawhi was isolated from the team in his group's bubble is the sole reason he got butthurt about their remarks. Even basic communication with the team would have prevented that.

This is Kawhi's fault.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Since this premise is wrong, everything falls after

Kawhi had an injured quad last season. Spurs' doctors cleared him to play but at the same time they said he had a quad tendinopathy

It's his body, his career, and I respect his right not to play if he still felt pain and his doctors gave him other diagnosis.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Spurs' doctors cleared him to play but at the same time they said he had a quad tendinopathy

It's his body, his career, and I respect his right not to play if he still felt pain and his doctors gave him other diagnosis.
    The rubber meets the road if Kawhi sits out major portions of a season due to tendinopathy when he's a member of, say, the Lakers . . .

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Kawhi's group should have been asked about his condition-- Pop had no idea what was going on.
    If you are that naive to believe that Pop had no idea...Kawhi called him almost daily, he traveled with Spurs' personnel to NY every time...

Pop just overreacted and got frustated because he's too much old school and thought he was losing control on his franchise player because NY doctors and Kawhi's lack of confidence in Spurs medical staff.

But today NBA tells us that most players have his own group of doctors to rehab like Hayward in Indiana, Cousins in Las Vegas...

You can keep saying "it's Kawhi's fault" but it's clear that both sides handled this badly.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    If you are that naive to believe that Pop had no idea...Kawhi called him almost daily, he traveled with Spurs' personnel to NY every time...

Pop just overreacted and got frustated because he's too much old school and thought he was losing control on his franchise player because NY doctors and Kawhi's lack of confidence in Spurs medical staff.

But today NBA tells us that most players have his own group of doctors to rehab like Hayward in Indiana, Cousins in Las Vegas...

You can keep saying "it's Kawhi's fault" but it's clear that both sides handled this badly.
    Kawhi should have been answering questions about his health himself. He's not a child who needs his uncle and sister speak for him.

It's Kawhi's fault.

And if all the frustration that the Spurs had to go through because of him only manifested itself in two innocuous quotes, who could blame them?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The rubber meets the road if Kawhi sits out major portions of a season due to tendinopathy when he's a member of, say, the Lakers . . .
    Stop this about the Lakers. Pop can be too much old way, stubborn, but he's not an idiot.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    in two innocuous quotes
    Ok.

Nro.1 rule for communication issues: It's never just one side fault.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Since this premise is wrong, everything falls after

Kawhi had an injured quad last season. Spurs' doctors cleared him to play but at the same time they said he had a quad tendinopathy

He malingered. For months the Spurs have known this was a ploy to get himself on the Lakers this summer. Their knowledge leaked on this very forum. And what do you know, right before the draft he demands a trade to the Lakers, saying, trade me right now or lose me for nothing because I’ll sign there next year.

How conveeeeeeeeeenient that he would do that when they have $61 million in cap space this summer, and how conveeeeeenient that the Lakers just happen to have Luol Deng’s contract to match salaries!
    They can get Kawhi without using up cap space! Wheeee!

If this were really about his relationship with the Spurs or his “injury” he wouldn’t have made the LA-only demand. Sorry if you can’t see through the bull .

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    good question

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Ok.

Nro.1 rule for communication issues: It's never just one side fault.
    It is when one side refuses to communicate.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He malingered. For months the Spurs have known this was a ploy to get himself on the Lakers this summer... And what do you know, right before the draft he demands a trade to the Lakers, saying, trade me right now or lose me for nothing because I’ll sign there next year.
    I guess he asked for a trade when the Spurs denied the supermax.

What's if the Spurs would have offered him that deal? All this about Lakers wouldn't happen. Again, this is not about if he deserved that deal or not, I'm just saying all your theory about "Kawhi to the Lakers" would fall in a second after an only one Spurs move.

Sorry, but I can't buy a theory with these many shortcomings that just one move invalidates it

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It is when one side refuses to communicate.
    Ramona wrote that Kawhi called Pop, Green, DJ and young guys all season...Gay said Kawhi called him during the season and vice versa

But if you want to believe he didn't communicate at all...I can't help.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Ramona wrote that Kawhi called Pop, Green, DJ and young guys all season...Gay said Kawhi called him during the season and vice versa

But if you want to believe he didn't communicate at all...I can't help.
    OK, point me to all the times Kawhi updated the media on his medical condition this past season.

Help me with that.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Can we PLEASE move the Kawhi to one of the NUMEROUS Kawhi threads and get back to talking about Lonnie IV?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Can we PLEASE move the Kawhi to one of the NUMEROUS Kawhi threads and get back to talking about Lonnie IV?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    OK, point me to all the times Kawhi updated the media on his medical condition this past season.

Help me with that.
    Like you know what they talked about...right?

Thread Information