Post Count
    #metu movement.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Tom Orsborn
    Tom_orsborn

3m
    League source says #Spurs have confirmed that second-round pick Chimezie Metu did indeed fracture his wrist in Vegas. The good news: No surgery needed and he should be ready for training camp. is.gd/ES5u7m

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    ICYMI: #Spurs second-round pick won't need surgery to mend wrist

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Well that pretty much guarantee Metu is going to be a G-League for the next season we really need to find a big because I don't trust Gasol being healthy all year.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Well that pretty much guarantee Metu is going to be a G-League for the next season we really need to find a big because I don't trust Gasol being healthy all year.
    Greg Monroe. I doubt Okafor is interested in us.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    He was going to be there anyway. He'll be doing great if he signs a full NBA contract.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Well I know I just didn’t want to hurt Metu fans I think will get a two way confract and still like him but needs G-League one year. I am always have been a Nikola fan don’t know why the Spurs have not brought him over yet.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Is this a new big head?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Should have photoshopped the poverty ball field behind him.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Man, he is very thin. Gonna need a lot of work on his body. I do like his game though; good post game and footwork, pretty good rim protector and decent passer with the potential of developing an outside game.

I expect him to spend the year with the D-league and then signing a cheap multi-year deal with the big club next season.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Really prefer to see him in Europe for a season or two learning more about the game, and then a season in the G league learning the Spurs way. If he going to make it, I see him several years away.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Really prefer to see him in Europe for a season or two learning more about the game, and then a season in the G league learning the Spurs way. If he going to make it, I see him several years away.
    Nah. That's horrible. A player learns the NBA game so much better in the d-league than in Europe. The money is the only reason why I'd ever want a player to consider overseas rather than the lower league here.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Nah. That's horrible. A player learns the NBA game so much better in the d-league than in Europe. The money is the only reason why I'd ever want a player to consider overseas rather than the lower league here.
    You might learn some about how the team wants to play but for the most part the d-league is a league for chuckers. So I guess that says volumes (Freudian) about your opinion of the NBA.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You might learn some about how the team wants to play but for the most part the d-league is a league for chuckers. So I guess that says volumes (Freudian) about your opinion of the NBA.
    Europe doesn't really develop players any better than the d-league does. There's all this talk about team-ball and , but the reality is that there's not a very good success rate for Americans going over there coming back and doing anything. I guess there's PJ Tucker. Could be a couple of others. Euro clubs have no reason to develop guys who are going to leave them in a year. D-league clubs do. Euro clubs are concerned with winning games and getting money. D-league clubs will give shots to whomever the big club wants them do. It's not close which situation would be better, all things considered. Europe pays more, and that leads to them getting more talent. If the NBA were to increase d-league salaries, they'd get better players too, and that would help their developmental goals.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Europe doesn't really develop players any better than the d-league does. There's all this talk about team-ball and , but the reality is that there's not a very good success rate for Americans going over there coming back and doing anything. I guess there's PJ Tucker. Could be a couple of others. Euro clubs have no reason to develop guys who are going to leave them in a year. D-league clubs do. Euro clubs are concerned with winning games and getting money. D-league clubs will give shots to whomever the big club wants them do. It's not close which situation would be better, all things considered. Europe pays more, and that leads to them getting more talent. If the NBA were to increase d-league salaries, they'd get better players too, and that would help their developmental goals.
    I think the G-League has risen to a decent level or respectability at the same time the NBA has cracked the code on how to keep it from being too huge a money drain. The latest trend is having G-League teams playing in the mother ship's souped up training facilities holding anywhere from 750-4500 fans. Philly got away with building their 2500 seat arena/training facility in the burbs for $26 million. Now they don't have to worry about leases or scheduling conflicts at all.

Right now it's still AA level basketball with some AAA talent sprinkled in; basically NBA ball played faster and sloppier. It's still the best way for American players to reach the NBA. That pulls the salaries down, but the NBA does recognize its difficult to keep the best players at that level -- hence two way contracts. We're three teams from complete one-to-on affiliations and I think there may be some shuffling after that as NBA teams take over the remaining independently owned franchises. Hitting that magic number will be a yuge milestone and will make it much easier to raise salaries, etc.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think Euro players and USA players play differently with more individual street ball mannerisms in the US players that have become ingrained in their style of play. That style is still the predominant style in the NBA and players from other venues like Europe probably need to learn some of the US tricks of the trade, rather than go back to Europe for additional training work on their NBA game.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Foreign teams are not going to invest in players who are going to leave in a year or two so G League is his best bet. He will never be a big guy he just needs to maybe add 10 to 15 pds of muscle and increase his strength levels. One thing I like about the kid is he won't back down he has a little pit bull in him so one or two years in G Leauge.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Anyone know if this guy will be expected to start playing significant munutes? Sad to not hear his name mentioned at all but I guess he is a 2nd round pick and expectations should be very low but since they signed him I'm hoping they found something special. If he did pan out he would fill a back up Rudy role nicely. Specially if he can defend and stretch the floor a little.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Anyone know if this guy will be expected to start playing significant munutes? Sad to not hear his name mentioned at all but I guess he is a 2nd round pick and expectations should be very low but since they signed him I'm hoping they found something special. If he did pan out he would fill a back up Rudy role nicely. Specially if he can defend and stretch the floor a little.
    He's a ing scrub. Looked completely lost at the NBA level, and was luke warm at best in the g-league. He's 6'11" and springy, and can't finish any better than 4th on the Austin team in rebounds? WTF? Ben Moore, a tweener forward 3-4 inches shorter averaged almost two more boards per game.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Dude is still too skinny. Not sure if he will amount to anything. Then again i thought Bryn Forbes would be out of the league before the past season started.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He's a ing scrub. Looked completely lost at the NBA level, and was luke warm at best in the g-league. He's 6'11" and springy, and can't finish any better than 4th on the Austin team in rebounds? WTF? Ben Moore, a tweener forward 3-4 inches shorter averaged almost two more boards per game.
    I’m surprised you are calling one of our “masterful” draft picks a scrub. I agree with your observations. Right now he looks like a boy playing around grown men.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Let’s see how he does this summer league first, he has some decent skills and still some potential left

Thread Information