Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    foaming at the nostrils raybies's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Kawhi is consuming so much of our attention but lost in the madness, is getting a glimpse at the roster construction thru the draft. We are getting younger and more athletic, something we wanted for years... While the jury is still out on the youth, I can see what the Spurs are doing. 3 years and 3 firsts spent on versatile 2 way players. It’s clear they understand what Boston has and that’s multiple versatile wings in the lineup at any given time is the future. Ideally you want to draft the Browns and Tatums of the world but given they are both top 3 picks and we don’t sniff that high we’ve gotten Murray, White and now Walker. I’m very hopeful for the youth.

I think it’s safe to say that Murray’s floor is a 1st Team Defense, steals leader, rebounder if his offense doesn’t ever progress to star status. I consider that a success already for a 29th pick. At his floor, he has elite role player written all over him. If you can’t beat your man the next best thing is to stop your man and he can do that. You can’t have 3 or 4 or 5 number one options in a lineup. He can definitely be a piece to compliment, for example if White or more likely Walker can take primary playmaker duties ala Ginobili than he can compliment them with his rebounding and transition play. Personally I think he’s gonna be an All Star but I’m saying at his floor he could be the pg of the future and reading the tea leaves I feel PATFO feels the same.

But all in all, the versatility and growth of White, Murray and Walker will be something to watch in the coming years. They have all around games for the most part. We are apart of the wing movement, just a lil smaller.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    All 3 are scrubs. Backups at best.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    A shame that KL is gonna be gone. He actually fits pretty well with the new youth movement.

At least we have a few building blocks for the future at this point. Now just need to find our superstar replacement...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    A shame that KL is gonna be gone. He actually fits pretty well with the new youth movement.

At least we have a few building blocks for the future at this point. Now just need to find our superstar replacement...
    Been thinking the same man. Murray/Walker/Leonard/Even Anderson/Aldridge would’ve had a much higher ceiling and floor than we’ve had since Duncan left. But the ship has sailed...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Kawhi is consuming so much of our attention but lost in the madness, is getting a glimpse at the roster construction thru the draft. We are getting younger and more athletic, something we wanted for years... While the jury is still out on the youth, I can see what the Spurs are doing. 3 years and 3 firsts spent on versatile 2 way players. It’s clear they understand what Boston has and that’s multiple versatile wings in the lineup at any given time is the future. Ideally you want to draft the Browns and Tatums of the world but given they are both top 3 picks and we don’t sniff that high we’ve gotten Murray, White and now Walker. I’m very hopeful for the youth.

I think it’s safe to say that Murray’s floor is a 1st Team Defense, steals leader, rebounder if his offense doesn’t ever progress to star status. I consider that a success already for a 29th pick. At his floor, he has elite role player written all over him. If you can’t beat your man the next best thing is to stop your man and he can do that. You can’t have 3 or 4 or 5 number one options in a lineup. He can definitely be a piece to compliment, for example if White or more likely Walker can take primary playmaker duties ala Ginobili than he can compliment them with his rebounding and transition play. Personally I think he’s gonna be an All Star but I’m saying at his floor he could be the pg of the future and reading the tea leaves I feel PATFO feels the same.

But all in all, the versatility and growth of White, Murray and Walker will be something to watch in the coming years. They have all around games for the most part. We are apart of the wing movement, just a lil smaller.
    Durbeta ed the league for the next few years. Might as well develop younger players if possible.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Pop won’t give them the opportunity. He is too set in his ways. Youth movement takes to long in his system.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Been thinking the same man. Murray/Walker/Leonard/Even Anderson/Aldridge would’ve had a much higher ceiling and floor than we’ve had since Duncan left. But the ship has sailed...
    This is a very capable defensive team. All of them are plus defenders. Not enough offense to beat GS though.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Surrounding Leonard with younger talent and letting him average 30+ ppg and anchoring an elite defense would have been nice. The Gasol and Mills contracts throw a little dirt on that theory though. The Spurs won their les with the right mix of youth and veteran leadership. Those first couple of les utilized veterans that came at a much lower price. The Spurs messed up the recipe with those two deals I think.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This is a very capable defensive team. All of them are plus defenders. Not enough offense to beat GS though.
    Not buying that. GS struggled to score against Houston’s capable switching defense for large stretches. Kawhi and Aldridge would be enough and then depending on Murray’s or Walkers contribution... I’m looking a couple years down the road tho. Murray still too green to be expected to contribute consistently now and Walker hasn’t played a game, but potentially speaking if Walker were to reach his potential scoring wouldn’t be a problem and the defense could theoretically be as stout as they come...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Surrounding Leonard with younger talent and letting him average 30+ ppg and anchoring an elite defense would have been nice. The Gasol and Mills contracts throw a little dirt on that theory though. The Spurs won their les with the right mix of youth and veteran leadership. Those first couple of les utilized veterans that came at a much lower price. The Spurs messed up the recipe with those two deals I think.
    I'll give you Gasol. But we only owe $37.5M, over 3 more years, to our second leading scorer. That's not a bad contract.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Pop won’t give them the opportunity. He is too set in his ways. Youth movement takes to long in his system.
    BINGO!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Not buying that. GS struggled to score against Houston’s capable switching defense for large stretches. Kawhi and Aldridge would be enough and then depending on Murray’s or Walkers contribution... I’m looking a couple years down the road tho. Murray still too green to be expected to contribute consistently now and Walker hasn’t played a game, but potentially speaking if Walker were to reach his potential scoring wouldn’t be a problem and the defense could theoretically be as stout as they come...
    Not fond of White, eh?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Too early for such a dire assessment. Murray could develop an outside shot. And the sample sizes for the other 2 are microscopic and nil, respectively for White and Walker. The bigger problem I see is Pop's developmental timeline for young players - way too long.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Not fond of White, eh?
    Nah I’m really high on White. Just pointing out Murray and Walker. White is a more realized ball player, he needs more experience then development, but I think his ceiling is like 6th man, elite role player. I put him in like an Eric Gordon, Lou Williams, Jamal Crawford type of group... kind of like fringe star. We’ll see.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Not in todays nba.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Too early for such a dire assessment. Murray could develop an outside shot. And the sample sizes for the other 2 are microscopic and nil, respectively for White and Walker. The bigger problem I see is Pop's developmental timeline for young players - way too long.
    He may be forced to accelerate growth... see Murray this year.

what uganda do about it? Joseph Kony's Avatar
    My Team
    Seattle Supersonics
    Post Count
    Murray is a an all nba defender in his 2nd season...lmao @ anyone calling him a scrub at 21

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He may be forced to accelerate growth... see Murray this year.
    I personally think more of White's potential than you. Consequently, while Pop was rather forced into developing Murray more quickly than usual, I believe he has hitched the cart to the wrong horse. I would rather see him go with White, who I think has much better PG potential, even if he is less athletic.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Murray is a an all nba defender in his 2nd season...lmao @ anyone calling him a scrub at 21
    Defense is overrated in today's NBA. If you can't score then you ain't tbh. I think Silver mentioned during the draft that this was the highest scoring postseason in 30+ years.

what uganda do about it? Joseph Kony's Avatar
    My Team
    Seattle Supersonics
    Post Count
    Defense is overrated in today's NBA. If you can't score then you ain't tbh. I think Silver mentioned during the draft that this was the highest scoring postseason in 30+ years.
    disagree. its all about how he fits within the team imo. look at OKC and Roberson. dude is absolute garbage on offense but he is an elite defensive player and they were starting to look pretty good until he went down and they looked like trash. Murray can be so much more valuable if he can just learn to finish at the rim and dribble better. but hes just finished his second year and made the all defensive team, something kawhi didnt even do until his 3rd season. give him some credit tbh

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This thinking is why you have pgs who cant dribble without traveling, iso crap, 3pt shooting from half court. Total joke.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Most teams are scoring in transition, or very early in the shot clock, so I see your point. You have to make teams take the ball out of the basket and play half court basketball.

I would still take a harassing style defense over nothing though. Steals and rebounding lead to transition buckets.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Most teams are scoring in transition, or very early in the shot clock, so I see your point. You have to make teams take the ball out of the basket and play half court basketball.

I would still take a harassing style defense over nothing though. Steals and rebounding lead to transition buckets.
    Not when your pg cant lead a break. Murray playing the point is no better than mills.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    How about White as point guard, Walker as sg and Murray at point forward?

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This all reminds me that I need to call and cancel my team package for League Pass.

Thread Information