Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Realistic Spurs Fan Amuseddaysleeper's Avatar
    My Team
    FC Barcelona
    Post Count

I made the same thread earlier.

CONCACAF is atrocious as always. Mexico has been carrying them for ages and I'm really baffled with the fact they have 3.5 spots considering there's like 6 teams in that continent.

Africa again dissapoints.

Pronouns: Your/Dad TheGreatYacht's Avatar
    My Team
    Juventus FC
    Post Count
    Smh Mexico was the only CONCACAF team to win

Smh Mexico was the only CONCACAF team to win
    Mexican backs must be aching from all the carrying. They should just give mexico an automatic spot and let the Trinidad and USAs and Panamas of the world battle out for 1 spot.

My Team
    FC Barcelona
    Post Count

CONCACAF is atrocious as always. Mexico has been carrying them for ages and I'm really baffled with the fact they have 3.5 spots considering there's like 6 teams in that continent.

My bad!

Pronouns: Your/Dad TheGreatYacht's Avatar
    My Team
    Juventus FC
    Post Count
    Mexican backs must be aching from all the carrying. They should just give mexico an automatic spot and let the Trinidad and USAs and Panamas of the world battle out for 1 spot.
    100% agreed. They sleepwalked thru the qualifiers playing mostly backups. IMO Mexico should just play their U-21's to make it fair

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    England
    Post Count
    South America has two teams:

1. Germany's
    2. Germany's other .

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    England
    Post Count
    Predictable downturn for NA with the USA taking a cup off.

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    England
    Post Count
    100% agreed. They sleepwalked thru the qualifiers playing mostly backups. IMO Mexico should just play their U-21's to make it fair
    Do you need to go back and see the video of Jose Hernandez crying on the bench when Meh-heecko wasn't gonna qualify? Do you need to see him jumping up and down like a little school girl after the USA granted Meh-heecko a stay of execution?

You strawberry picker fanboys do a lot of talking for a team that was bailed out last cycle by Daddy USA.

My Team
    FC Barcelona
    Post Count
    South America has two teams:

1. Germany's
    2. Germany's other .

bas

It is hard to ignore the decline of African soccer, tbh..

From late 1990s to mid 2000s, Nigeria (Okocha, Kanu, Martins, etc.) Cameroon (Etoo, Mboma, Geremi, Songo), Ivory Coast (Drogba, the Toures, Gervinho), Ghana (Gyan, Essien, Muntari) those African teams were as good as any second tier European team and other South American teams not named Brazil/Argentina..

Not anymore..They are simply not as many world class African players as there used to be 15-20 years ago..Not sure why..

Veteran
    Post Count

Not anymore..They are simply not as many world class African players as there used to be 15-20 years ago..Not sure why..
    because they are playing for france, belgium, germany, england.... 90s nigeria was a joy to watch, they got robbed in 94

My Team
    Colombia
    Post Count
    South america doing well. Even Peru could have qualified, played well enough just that they were WC virgins

Sure semis might have 75% euros but remember those euros gonna have mostly african immigrants starting for them

Africa is struggling and IMO its because euro teams are taking their best players and offering them citizenship to play for them

It is hard to ignore the decline of African soccer, tbh..

From late 1990s to mid 2000s, Nigeria (Okocha, Kanu, Martins, etc.) Cameroon (Etoo, Mboma, Geremi, Songo), Ivory Coast (Drogba, the Toures, Gervinho), Ghana (Gyan, Essien, Muntari) those African teams were as good as any second tier European team and other South American teams not named Brazil/Argentina..

They're playing in Europe now.

Still loads of talent but poorly organized.

My Team
    Arsenal FC
    Post Count
    They're playing in Europe now.

Still loads of talent but poorly organized.
    this

my unders, my frgn whites pgardn's Avatar
    My Team
    --- Clubs
    Post Count

Do you think the WC containing the US and Mexico every 4 years might have anything to do with the amount of MONEY FIFA makes?

And you are baffled.... How about to gift a spot to the US? Ya think?

But we are so bad they may have to give 5 spots.

And you are baffled...

$

$

$

My Team
    Arsenal FC
    Post Count
    N. America and S. America should be a same region, but then USA would struggle to qualify even more...

My Team
    France
    Post Count
    South America

We've got a job to do. Darth_Pelican's Avatar
    My Team
    USA
    Post Count
    WC Group Stage Champions

My Team
    Germany
    Post Count
    been telling this since god knows when. lmao getting your last ring and contender in 2002 and talking 20 years later, y'all sons need to lay off the coke tbh.

WC Group Stage Champions

My niga dfens going in..

My Team
    Germany
    Post Count
    sons the funny thing is that I ain't even hating on south america, I honestly like the technical quality, but some posters here are just blind to the deficiencies in tactics that negate any talent advantage. Smh switzerland was as good as Brasil at this world cup tbh..

Veteran
    Post Count
    sons the funny thing is that I ain't even hating on south america, I honestly like the technical quality, but some posters here are just blind to the deficiencies in tactics that negate any talent advantage. Smh switzerland was as good as Brasil at this world cup tbh..
    At what, fouling without getting called for it? They hacked neymar 10 times, got away with tugging Gabriel Jesus in the box and scored after pushing off on a corner, got away with the worst call of the tournament vs Serbia, they do t get out of a (weak) group otherwise

Brasil wasn't great all time team or anything but at least tried to propose attacking fútbol, Switzerland played to foul efficiently and get lucky on dead balls. Tgats not superior tactics, it's luck and a kind whistle nothing else, same as England v Colombia, France v uruguay... Belgium deserved to win vs brasil they fought for it, the others did nothing better

My Team
    Germany
    Post Count
    At what, fouling without getting called for it? They hacked neymar 10 times, got away with tugging Gabriel Jesus in the box and scored after pushing off on a corner, got away with the worst call of the tournament vs Serbia, they do t get out of a (weak) group otherwise

Brasil wasn't great all time team or anything but at least tried to propose attacking fútbol, Switzerland played to foul efficiently and get lucky on dead balls. Tgats not superior tactics, it's luck and a kind whistle nothing else, same as England v Colombia, France v uruguay... Belgium deserved to win vs brasil they fought for it, the others did nothing better
    1. contenders take care of business vs small anti-play countries. pretenders don't. that's why germany, brasil and argentina are out. flawed teams.
    2. superior tactics implies judicious choosing of personnel. Brasil lacks a true classic 9 forward which makes it very hard for them to score against big/physical teams, which happened in ALL their games. You can't say it's luck when they consistently struggled to attack basic thugball tactics of clearly inferior teams (sans Belgium). It's a flawed strategy leading to bad results.

also lol CALling out physical play, it is what it is and all teams play it, and Brasil thugged it out nice vs mexico and nobody batted an eye. As long as you don't go full colombia it's ok and that's life, it's within the rules. Also if you want to call fair play neymar had at least 2 yellow card worthy flops.

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    England
    Post Count
    Denmark/France send Peru packing.
    England sends Colombia packing.
    France sends Argentina packing.
    France sends Uruguay packing.
    Belgium sends Brazil packing.

Another asoc fail.

Thread Information