San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Wow, youtube videos.

, Cosmored, you got me.
    the lack of self awareness

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Here’s how Russia is trying to divide the Democratic Party — and what that means for November

Then, after the civility debate kicked off, something weird happened.

The hashtag became

one of the most popular topics among suspected Russian bots,

which skewed algorithms to push the campaign into suggested search terms on Google products and other social media, and gained popularity among actual Twitter users.

The Russian media outlets Sputnik and RT featured segments and videos on the campaign starting last week, and Straka did an interview with RT this week.

Straka also appeared Tuesday on Laura Ingraham’s Fox News program, and the campaign got coverage on conservative websites such as Breitbart, The Patriot Post, Epoch Times and Legal Insurrection.

Hashtag clouds also revealed #WalkAway was frequently

associated with the bizarre #QAnon conspiracy theory to push the narrative that the Democratic Party was “sick” and corrupt.

The campaign targeted racial division and so-called “iden y politics,” and Trump himself amplified the movement’s claims that Democrats wanted to abolish ICE and open U.S. borders to criminals.

The Medium blogger said she’d seen

similar overlap between Russian influence campaigns and conservative U.S. media,

and she warned that more would be coming as November’s midterm elections approached.

“There is reason to believe that this psychological operation

 — and to be clear, that’s what this is — 

represents a trial run for future social media manipulation efforts,” Caroline O. wrote.

She suspects the #WalkAway movement could be intended to map out social networks, test messaging and conduct surveillance to study patterns of behavior.

“If you want to cause chaos or just generally stir up trouble, figuring out how to provoke other users — and determining which users are most receptive to provocation — would be extremely helpful,” she wrote.

“This is a great reason to heed the advice, ‘Don’t engage the trolls.'”

https://www.rawstory.com/2018/07/her...e+Raw+Story%29

You rightwingnutjob assholes are being manipulated, duped by Pootin and his cyberarmy

An effective disinformation campaign will have some core people who don't know they are being used and promoted.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    [smiley][five whole words of derision]
    Meh.

Sorry, not taking your astroturfed hype seriously, nor your lazy digs.

Wake me up when you get some actual data.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    White Millennials Are Leaving the Democratic Party as 'Walk Away' Campaign Picks Up Steam
    https://pjmedia.com/election/white-m...icks-up-steam/

#walkaway
    Pro-Trump & Russian-Linked Twitter Accounts Are Posing As Ex-Democrats In New Astroturfed Movement

closer look at this emerging narrative—a self-described “grassroots movement” of former Democrats fleeing the party—revealed an astroturfed campaign driven by pro-Trump Twitter users and amplified by automated and Russian-linked accounts.

The surge of tweets started on Saturday, June 23, when news broke that White House press secretary Sarah Sanders had been quietly asked to leave a restaurant in Lexington, VA, the night before. The social media campaign really took off the next day, after Rep. Maxine Waters (D-Calif.) said in a speech that administration officials who support Trump’s policies should expect to face pushback when they go out in public.

Most of the tweets were strikingly similar, and the vast majority pushed a very familiar narrative. Using the hashtag #WalkAway and claiming to be former Democrats, social media users shared their stories of leaving the Democratic party after being turned off by the “hate” and “division” of “the left.” Many of them cited the incidents involving Sanders and Waters as examples of the “intolerance” and “bullying” that supposedly drove them to support Trump after years—in some cases, decades—of voting for Democrats. https://arcdigital.media/pro-trump-r...t-20359c1906d3

It is, essentially, a classic Russian disinformation campaign. Trump supporters and other useful idiots are pushing it out to the rest of the net. The "democrats" are not real.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    White Millennials Are Leaving the Democratic Party as 'Walk Away' Campaign Picks Up Steam
    https://pjmedia.com/election/white-m...icks-up-steam/

#walkaway
    The primary functional goal of an astroturfed campaign like this one is to manipulate public opinion by gaming online algorithms to amplify certain content and push it onto people’s social media feeds and to the top of search engine results.
    Sucker.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    *Even after explicitly stating that not all #WalkAway tweets were sent by bots, people taking part in the “WalkAway Movement” will still claim that this article called them all bots. This strawman is used as a defense every single time I track a bot-pushed hashtag. So let me state clearly for the record: This article is not implying that all of the people tweeting under this hashtag are bots.
    But hey, let use a bit of intellectual honesty:

Not all the testimonials are fake. I am pretty certain some of them are, in some attempt to gin up social media following for monetization.

Not all the tweets are fake bots either.

What is happening is that both are being hyped, beyond their actual affect and importance, because there are people who benefit from making the case.

Anything is better than talking about separated families, traumatized children or trade wars, secret meetings with Putin, rampant corruption and incompetence, both for Trump and his Russian backers.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    #walkawayrightoffacliffalreadyyou inglemmings

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This message is hidden because koriwhat is on your ignore list.

Sweet bliss.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Where is RandomBull, Random Guy? Have you checked up on Summer?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This message is hidden because koriwhat is on your ignore list.

Sweet bliss.
    lol safe space for RandomGay

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Trump is Winning Over Blacks, Hispanics, Millennials, and Even Gays

Read more: https://www.americanthinker.com/arti...#ixzz5KVdglVZz
    Follow us: @AmericanThinker on Twitter | AmericanThinker on Facebook

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    President Trump’s off the charts achievements on jobs and security are improving the lives of every single Democrat iden y voting bloc. A small, but increasingly significant number are noticing. With his MAGA gains on the economy and foreign affairs, President Trump is slowly chipping away at the Democrat Party’s foundations. The white working class already belongs to Trump. Fed up blacks, Hispanics, millennials and gays are starting to follow.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    lol safe space for RandomGay
    exactly. they're all the same... don't like hearing anything outside their echo chambers. bunch of sissy's.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    exactly. they're all the same... don't like hearing anything outside their echo chambers. bunch of sissy's.
    Ben Affleck perfectly demonstrated how weak they are when triggered. lol he shuts down like a pouting baby around 6:10

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Amid the carnage of Republican misrule in Washington, there is this glimmer of good news: The family-shredding policy along the southern border, the most telegenic recent example of misrule, clarified something. Occurring less than 140 days before elections that can reshape Congress, the policy has given independents and temperate Republicans — these are probably expanding and contracting cohorts, respectively — fresh if redundant evidence for the principle by which they should vote.

The principle: The congressional Republican caucuses must be substantially reduced. So substantially that their remnants, reduced to minorities, will be stripped of the Cons ution’s Article I powers that they have been too invertebrate to use against the current wielder of Article II powers. They will then have leisure time to wonder why they worked so hard to achieve membership in a legislature whose unexercised muscles have atrophied because of people like them.
    lol RandomGuy welcomes the likes of George Will and Bill Kristol to the Democrat Party

The Trump realignment is a glorious thing

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Thread Information