Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567
    Shhhh... I'll be gentle. TheDoctor's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'll take Jimmy Butler over almost every alternative out there right now. I never would have chosen Jimmy over Kawhi, but I"d take him easily over all the trash that's getting offered up lately. And also, if that means Kyrie would want to come play with him, then even better.
    Every alternative out there right now = CoJo.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That might be true trading with a non LA team, but since we would be trading with the Clippers, that wouldn't be a problem. And the Clippers would obviously rather have Kawhi than Butler.
    Clippers may prefer Kawhi . That would be good. Clippers may not give the Wolves enough to give up Butler . That would be bad. Spurs would have to.add assets to make it work. That would be bad , but I would be ok depending on assets to be given. I don't know how many on this board would go for that.

I wish it could go the way you see it. Three way to hard to satisfy all partners.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I can see your point but Derozan just has a knack for scoring. He passes the eye test to me and has good length to be a 2 or 3. I imagine with proper coaching he will be just fine on the defensive end too.
    He's got mental issues. He has depression. I am not saying it can't work but you need a mental toughness to win and I'm not sure he has it.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He's got mental issues. He has depression. I am not saying it can't work but you need a mental toughness to win and I'm not sure he has it.
    We won a chip with an autist, we'll be fine

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    http://www.espn.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=ycw266ts

Give up our next year's first to Minnesota and get Sacramento's top one protected first.

Minnesota gets a promising young defensive minded talent along with an expiring contract on a player who can mentor KAT and an extra first.

Boston gets Kawhi and a chance to reach the finals in a wide open East.

San Antonio's new starting lineup:

PG-Kyrie
    SG-Danny
    SF-Jimmy
    PF-Rudy
    C-LA

Plus we move our first rounder up from the low 20's into the lottery.

The X factor is can the Spurs resign them both next year.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Lol these nba divas that want out of everywhere.

today’s nba stars
    paid too much, so they don't care about losing 30% for a better environment.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Give up our next year's first to Minnesota and get Sacramento's top one protected first.

Minnesota gets a promising young defensive minded talent along with an expiring contract on a player who can mentor KAT and an extra first.

PG-Kyrie
    SG-Danny
    SF-Jimmy
    PF-Rudy
    C-LA

I like it

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Not happening, Spurs won’t let Murray go.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I didn't think so either until reports that the Spurs are rejecting the Celtics offer which is pick heavy. It seems while they want to build for the future, they're really looking to win now with Pops last few years. I think this trade let's them keep White and IV plus get an early lottery pick in the process.

I say pull this trigger and you're taking a shot at winning now and building to your future at the same time. Warriors are one injury away from being vulnerable and you never know if cousins impact could mess up their chemistry.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

PG-Kyrie
    SG-Danny
    SF-Jimmy
    PF-Rudy
    C-LA

For Minnesota to agree to that, the Sacto pick might have to go to them.

Also, I'm not sure Boston would trade Kyrie and the Sacto pick for a Kawhi that won't commit to them.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Getting Butler, Irving and a lottery pick out of a Kawhi trade would be too much of a pipe-dream, tbh.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Also, I'm not sure Boston would trade Kyrie and the Sacto pick for a Kawhi that won't commit to them.
    Good point. My personal opinion is that they would probably take that (as it's likely the best offer they'll get for butler on a one year rental). Maybe throw in a second in 2020 (but don't give up anything for the 2021 double draft!!!).

And iirc there were some rumors that Kyrie and the sac pick was already the offer on the table. The spurs wanted more though. In this scenario though we could team up three all stars with Rudy and Danny plus get a lottery pick. I think it's a good call.

I think they could pull it off if they really wanted to. Tibs would love a young defensive talent like DJ especially on a rookie scale contract.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

A beautiful dream.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Do do you have any argument ?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Do do you have any argument ?
    I see, your previous post was not irony, ok then. my point.. if SA has 1% to bring Jimmy Butler and Kyrie Irving this summer I'm sure they send Murray to Minnesota or any part of the world.

I like Murray but Irving is a special talent, he is unique, clutch... championship level, rings... etc it seems that butler and irving want to play together, if irving still wants to play for pop... I want to see them in SA

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I see, your previous post was not irony, ok then. my point.. if SA has 1% to bring Jimmy Butler and Kyrie Irving this summer I'm sure they send Murray to Minnesota or any part of the world.

I like Murray but Irving is a special talent, he is unique, clutch... etc it seems that butler and irving want to play together, if irving still wants to play for pop... I want to see them in SA

Might as well dream BIG.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Allen is better than leonard. Jumps higher too tbh

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Allen is better than leonard. Jumps higher too tbh
    lol white people

One Bad Ass MoFo SouthTexasRancher's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    At this point I'd take Jimmy Butler and Taj Gibson for Kawhi, Patty Mills and Brandon Paul in a heartbeat. I have a feeling Kawhi is too injury prone and won't have the career we all thought he would. Kind of a Derrick Rose type.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

PG-Kyrie
    SG-Danny
    SF-Jimmy
    PF-Rudy
    C-LA

I doubt our FO is thinking along these lines but, it's not an unreasonable trade. We might be able to pull that off if we'd pursue it. We could shore up the from line by signing Len or Oakafor.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I doubt our FO is thinking along these lines but, it's not an unreasonable trade. We might be able to pull that off if we'd pursue it. We could shore up the from line by signing Len or Oakafor.
    I'm actually high on Oakafor. I think even without this move he's a great low risk player to pick up. Without this move he's a cheap big who can round out our rotation. With this move he becomes a great off the bench offensive minded presence playing alongside that defensive minded combo forward we just picked up.

He certainly couldn't be worse than Jeff or Joffery...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That's some dabom level comment, there's going to be some pretty good news in the next 3 or 4 days maybe. Well no , that could happen at any given time.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm actually high on Oakafor. I think even without this move he's a great low risk player to pick up. Without this move he's a cheap big who can round out our rotation. With this move he becomes a great off the bench offensive minded presence playing alongside that defensive minded combo forward we just picked up.

He certainly couldn't be worse than Jeff or Joffery...
    I agree. I think oak and Len have some upside to explore if they come on a fairly cheap deal. I'd be happy with either.

Thread Information