Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Ok. That makes a lot more sense for Minny. But here are two reasons I hesitate that this will work. 1) May not solve any longterm issues for the Spurs or Philadelphia. 2) It could mean Spurs getting weeded out of any Philly trade talks.

The first reason is important because the Spurs are looking for not only a short term but a long term solution with Kawhi being gone. Jimmy Butler could leave after next year too. Spurs would want more than just a Miami 2021 pick and a 1 yr rental of Jimmy. Second, there have been very sketchy rumors of Kawhi "maybe" resigning in Philadelphia which to me is a big factor. Philadelphia needs to interview Kawhi, see him workout, and talk with Kawhi's uncle and agent to get a sense of there stance and finally, trust there word. Lots of hurdles especially for the Spurs.

The second reason could be the most dangerous. So far Minny hasn't reached out about any serious suitors for Jimmy (at least no rumors) but if they do, to me, it smells big trouble for Spurs. Seemingly a lesser Kawhi (but still all-star level and entering his prime), is entering the market and comes at a cheaper price and with a lot less baggage. If spurs do engage Minny on these trade talks and convince them to take back Sixers assets what if Sixer's look at the cheaper price tag of Jimmy and Jimmy looks at the enticement of playing in the East with Simmons, Embiid, and Fultz. Jimmy might just say to Philly "I will definitely resign with you guys" and Minnesota takes that package you suggested.

Maybe the Spurs somehow work miracles but the way you constructed it, Spurs likely get pushed out and those two trade among themselves.
    That's a risk, but Philly would be dumb to go for Butler when Kawhi can be had.

Another possibility could be trading Kawhi straight to the Wolves for Butler and a draft pick. Trade disgruntled stars with hopes of making it work on a new environment.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What you don't understand is there is only an agreement to take Butler if the three way falls apart. If Spurs want to throw something else in , fine. That means spurs would be giving up Kawhi plus something. I understand this is not happenning. what I don't understand is why you would suggest it.
    lol just saw your "disbelieve" under your username. You are clearly a troll. My bad. Move along son.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Better than a top 15 player and a lottery pick? Are you serious? Teams won't even give us players as Fultz and Kuzma.
    Absolutely serious. Butler is solid but Top 15 is being generous. I put much less value on picks because they are filled with risk and uncertainty. Id' rather do a Jalen Brown and Kyrie Irving trade. Kyrie is risky but has better upside despite the injury history.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Absolutely serious. Butler is solid but Top 15 is being generous. I put much less value on picks because they are filled with risk and uncertainty. Id' rather do a Jalen Brown and Kyrie Irving trade. Kyrie is risky but has better upside despite the injury history.
    Sure, I would do that too but it ain't happening, tbh.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    2021 Miami Pick and a future 2nd Round Pick goes to Minnesota. Spurs get a Future a 1st Round pick from Philadelphia.

Make it happen RC.

Last edited by BatManu20; 07-11-2018 at 05:26 PM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    people still fawning over korkmaz?

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Totally agree DAF. I’d rather get a known asset of Butler + Kyrie (maybe) in their prime to continue a run then risk it on unknowns like the Lakers current trade proposition. If we trade to a single team I hope it’s to the 76ers but Fultz is a must and shedding Gasol or Mills is a must.

We are so guard heavy at this point something has to be in the works though. I expect Mills and/or Green are gone.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    people still fawning over korkmaz?
    He was a throw-in. Nonetheless, only 20 years old, on a cheap Rookie deal, and can shoot it with good size at 6’7. Spurs would be dumb not to ask for him in a trade.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That trade keeps us compeitive now and gives us a couple future assets. Also would push Rudy to a 6th Man role, which is more ideal.

*Could swap Pau and Patty in that trade and it still works. Don’t think PATFO want to trade Patty though.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I obviously don’t post often but I read the forum a ton.

what if the three way trade was something like:

Spurs Get - Saric, Butler
    Wolves get - Gasol/Mills, Covington, Miami 1st
    76ers get - Ka-Lie

Also I only want Butler if it leads to Kyrie as well next off season
    That's better, but the problem is the timing. The Timberwolves, who can offer Butler more money than anyone else, aren't trading him because of speculation and cryptic social media posts.

He was a throw-in. Nonetheless, only 20 years old, on a cheap Rookie deal, and can shoot it with good size at 6’7. Spurs would be dumb not to ask for him in a trade.

Would rather Luwawu-Cabarrot. Korkmaz is taller and younger, but the Spurs already have Mills, Belinelli and Forbes. Green is down to his final season at most, which would leave Covington as the only wing defender.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Can’t argue that

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Wolves get shafted.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Minnesota needs much more than this.
    This. And they really don't attract FA.
    Might be trying to repair their own relationship and send Wiggins instead.

Make a trade steal
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Sorry I made a thread about something that could have been added to others, but I want this to gain more exposure.

I proposed this on another thread:

Some said that the Wolves wouldn't go for that, but I don't know, it seems like a pretty reasonable get for a disgruntled Butler. And in any case, both the Spurs and Sixers have many assets to make the deal more appealing to Minnesota.

Am I too burned out from all the drama, potential trades and rosters speculation, or does this actually make a lot of sense for all the parties involved?
    How about if I make it harder. The Spurs get Phil pick and Minn gets the Miami pick? You still in? Because like you say Minn is not likely going to want to make the trade.
    Last edited by rascal; 07-11-2018 at 06:06 PM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That's better, but the problem is the timing. The Timberwolves, who can offer Butler more money than anyone else, aren't trading him because of speculation and cryptic social media posts.

Would rather Luwawu-Cabarrot. Korkmaz is taller and younger, but the Spurs already have Mills, Belinelli and Forbes. Green is down to his final season at most, which would leave Covington as the only wing defender.
    Yea they’re not. It would be in bent upon him letting management know he’s not going to re-sign there.

And I’d rather have Forkmaz as he’s two years younger and seems much more skilled offensively, but whatever. Just a filler anyways. Spurs might value Luwawu’s Defense more.
    Last edited by BatManu20; 07-11-2018 at 05:44 PM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This. And they really don't attract FA.
    Might be trying to repair their own relationship and send Wiggins instead.
    I agree they can be getting the short end of the stick in that deal. They’d really have to like that Miami pick.

With that said, they are stuck with Wiggins. Nobody’s trading for that awful contract.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If we were doing a three-way trade, I think I would rather try to get Boston involved. In my dream scenario, San Antonio gets Kyrie and Butler. Boston gets Kawhi. Minnesota gets expiring contracts, young players, and draft picks from both SA and Boston. Minnesota seems like they are not going to be able to keep Butler, so they may be enticed.

Dream, I know...
    Agree. Thats the best possible permutation.

I wonder if it can be done........

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    minny would be better off in a three way with toronto where at least the wolves could get derozan and anunoby.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I remember my first three-way.....

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    took longer than expected but we finally got a menage reference.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Forget the Sixers. The clippers is where is at.

http://www.espn.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=ycvs63w3

Thread Information