Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    But Butler isn't half the player Kawhi is, so maybe Minnesota is fine with that package.
    For Butler. Thats why I do the deal for Butler.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Minnesota needs much more than this.
    Why? They're in the same boat the Spurs are in, he's going to fly the coop at the end of the season regardless, so it's either let him go for cap space or get something in exchange. The reason the Spurs need, and can get more, is because Kawhi is one of 5 or so truly elite players that make a difference and the best two way player in the game and Jimmy Butler isn't any of those things- he's not a difference maker, he's been a malcontent in two locations. Minny already has a potential borderline All Star in Wiggins and a potential Top 10 Player in KAT. Focus on them and build a team around those pieces.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    For Butler. Thats why I do the deal for Butler.
    I don't understand what you are trying to say.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If folks thought that Kawhi is worth Covington, Saric and a pick. Then Butler is definitely worth that.
    Still not understanding me. A deal worse than the one everyone on Spurstalk laughed at is what Minny should get while Spurs get Jimmy Butler plus the best draft pick. You must think the Spurs are the kingpin and everyone else are just pawns.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Why would Wolves do this

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Covingtion led all SF in +/- last season and is 27 years old.
    Booner is +/- spurs legend

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    and 2x NBA champion

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Phila pick can be #1 or can be #25. Wolves need more

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don't understand what you are trying to say.
    The point is that PHILLy should first get Butler for as low a cost as possible to satisfy the wolves then see what else it takes to get Kawhi .
    If Spurs want too much Sixers just keep Butler.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Still not understanding me. A deal worse than the one everyone on Spurstalk laughed at is what Minny should get while Spurs get Jimmy Butler plus the best draft pick. You must think the Spurs are the kingpin and everyone else are just pawns.
    I know what you meant. That's why I added the possibility of Saric. Do you think Covington, Saric and a draft pick is too little for Butler?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The point is that PHILLy should first get Butler for as low a cost as possible to satisfy the wolves then see what else it takes to get Kawhi .
    If Spurs want too much Sixers just keep Butler.
    Philly can't trade for Butler and then trade him away right away.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    But he wasn't a starter getting over 30 mpg, tbh.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    [QUOTE=DAF86;9471140]Philly can't trade for Butler and then trade him away right away.[/QUOTT
    They have to satisfy Minny first . If they can, they agree to deal Butler regardless of what Spurs would want in a three way.
    If they can agree with Spurs in three way , fine. If not they do the Butler deal.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    They have to satisfy Minny first . If they can, they agree to deal Butler regardless of what Spurs would want in a three way.
    If they can agree with Spurs in three way , fine. If not they do the Butler deal.
    Spurs might be able to add an asset that would convince Minny to give up Butler. That's why three way deals exist.
    Last edited by DAF86; 07-11-2018 at 03:50 PM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    i know it's not happening but if simmons isn't named in the trade to satx then it and let kawhi rot on the bench in austin.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    [QUOTE=DAF86;9471178]

Spurs might be able to add an asset that would convince Minny to give up Butler. That's why three way deals exist.
    So... you're saying Spurs would give up something of value plus Kawhi to get Jimmy Butler. More reason for Philly to agree to get Butler from Wolves before entering into three way with Spurs.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So... you're saying Spurs would give up something of value plus Kawhi to get Jimmy Butler. More reason for Philly to agree to get Butler from Wolves before entering into three way with Spurs.
    That can't happen son. Don't be slow.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That can't happen son. Don't be slow.
    You just stated that Spurs could add an asset to Minnesota so they would deal Butler to Spurs and Spurs send Kawhi to Philly in a three way.
    Now its me that doesn't understand.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You just stated that Spurs could add an asset to Minnesota so they would deal Butler to Spurs and Spurs send Kawhi to Philly in a three way.
    Now its me that doesn't understand.
    What you don't understand is that once Philly get Butler, they can't trade him again. So they wouldn't be getting Kawhi. That's why it has to be a three way deal. Philly can't trade with Minny in its own and then trade again with SA. I already told you this, I don't know why you keep insisting.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Sorry I made a thread about something that could have been added to others, but I want this to gain more exposure.

I proposed this on another thread:

Some said that the Wolves wouldn't go for that, but I don't know, it seems like a pretty reasonable get for a disgruntled Butler. And in any case, both the Spurs and Sixers have many assets to make the deal more appealing to Minnesota.

Am I too burned out from all the drama, potential trades and rosters speculation, or does this actually make a lot of sense for all the parties involved?
    I think you're looking for pennies on the dollar. Butler and an unprotected 1st round pick for a 2 time DPOY and Finals MVP? I think the Spurs can do better.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think you're looking for pennies on the dollar. Butler and an unprotected 1st round pick for a 2 time DPOY and Finals MVP? I think the Spurs can do better.
    Better than a top 15 player and a lottery pick? Are you serious? Teams won't even give us players as Fultz and Kuzma.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I obviously don’t post often but I read the forum a ton.

what if the three way trade was something like:

Spurs Get - Saric, Butler
    Wolves get - Gasol/Mills, Covington, Miami 1st
    76ers get - Ka-Lie

Also I only want Butler if it leads to Kyrie as well next off season

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I obviously don’t post often but I read the forum a ton.

what if the three way trade was something like:

Spurs Get - Saric, Butler
    Wolves get - Gasol/Mills, Covington, Miami 1st
    76ers get - Ka-Lie

Also I only want Butler if it leads to Kyrie as well next off season
    That works for me too. That's what great about this three way scenario: lots of assets to make something work.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I know what you meant. That's why I added the possibility of Saric. Do you think Covington, Saric and a draft pick is too little for Butler?
    Ok. That makes a lot more sense for Minny. But here are two reasons I hesitate that this will work. 1) May not solve any longterm issues for the Spurs or Philadelphia. 2) It could mean Spurs getting weeded out of any Philly trade talks.

The first reason is important because the Spurs are looking for not only a short term but a long term solution with Kawhi being gone. Jimmy Butler could leave after next year too. Spurs would want more than just a Miami 2021 pick and a 1 yr rental of Jimmy. Second, there have been very sketchy rumors of Kawhi "maybe" resigning in Philadelphia which to me is a big factor. Philadelphia needs to interview Kawhi, see him workout, and talk with Kawhi's uncle and agent to get a sense of there stance and finally, trust there word. Lots of hurdles especially for the Spurs.

The second reason could be the most dangerous. So far Minny hasn't reached out about any serious suitors for Jimmy (at least no rumors) but if they do, to me, it smells big trouble for Spurs. Seemingly a lesser Kawhi (but still all-star level and entering his prime), is entering the market and comes at a cheaper price and with a lot less baggage. If spurs do engage Minny on these trade talks and convince them to take back Sixers assets what if Sixer's look at the cheaper price tag of Jimmy and Jimmy looks at the enticement of playing in the East with Simmons, Embiid, and Fultz. Jimmy might just say to Philly "I will definitely resign with you guys" and Minnesota takes that package you suggested.

Maybe the Spurs somehow work miracles but the way you constructed it, Spurs likely get pushed out and those two trade among themselves.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What you don't understand is that once Philly get Butler, they can't trade him again. So they wouldn't be getting Kawhi. That's why it has to be a three way deal. Philly can't trade with Minny in its own and then trade again with SA. I already told you this, I don't know why you keep insisting.
    What you don't understand is there is only an agreement to take Butler if the three way falls apart. If Spurs want to throw something else in , fine. That means spurs would be giving up Kawhi plus something. I understand this is not happenning. what I don't understand is why you would suggest it.

Thread Information