Post Count
    Can't wait for Pop to neuter this guys' offensive abilities

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I haven't seen anyone say it, but Rudy's worth his money if he can get DeRozan adjusted

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Derozan seems to be loved in the league in general (totally different from that other guy), maybe he can convince some star to join him in SA

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    At least we know derozan can get buckets. Something we sorely ing needed last year. Our defense will regress but hopefully 10 point first quarters and 30 point halves shouldn't be the norm next year

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Also, the more I think about it I think this'll help recruiting to San Antonio. If the Spurs keep doing what they do, and DeMar buys in I can see it paying off with some of the other "stars" around the league.

One thing that was sorely lacking with "The Mute".

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I wonder if the Spurs will try to utilise DeRozan as a corner 3 point shooter when he's playing off the ball. 2 of the past 3 seasons he's shot over 40% from the corner & the 2 seasons before that he shot 39%. The only anomaly was last season where it dipped badly, but this could also be because he took a much fewer of his 3s from the corner & his confidence was shot because he wasn't hitting from other areas. 4 of the past 5 seasons is a decent sample size.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Will be be interesting to see how Gay and Derozan operate next year.

They played together in 2013-2014 and, according to Raptors fans...it wasn't the greatest pairing.

That can attribute to a lot of things, though. Teammates, coaching, schedule, role, etc....

They are both obviously talented players, even if they aren't the most efficient. But if they are healthy and you can put them in the right system, and pair them with a talented post scorer like LMA, it should be something interesting to watch develop.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Will be be interesting to see how Gay and Derozan operate next year.

They played together in 2013-2014 and, according to Raptors fans...it wasn't the greatest pairing.

That can attribute to a lot of things, though. Teammates, coaching, schedule, role, etc....

They are both obviously talented players, even if they aren't the most efficient. But if they are healthy and you can put them in the right system, and pair them with a talented post scorer like LMA, it should be something interesting to watch develop.
    It wasn’t a good pairing. They got better when Rudy left but I have a strong feeling it’s going to be different this time around. They are different players now. Should pair well.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

I haven't seen anyone say it, but Rudy's worth his money if he can get DeRozan adjusted

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Real question though, can Matt Barnes shut down DeRozan like he did the mute?

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    DeRozan's athleticism might be getting overrated, or should I say applied athleticism. He doesn't make plays with that athleticism frequently.

He only had 28 dunks in the regular season with all that bounce and quickness. On a ton of minutes, touches and games. Less than half of Kawhi's 2017.

DeRozan exploded for dunks outside the top 100, less than guys like Jeff Green, Shaun Livingston, Hezonja, etc etc

Minute for minute he was slamming less than half as often as Gay, or about once every three games.

The highlights look nice, but if Spurs fans expect to see that even once a game they will likely be disappointed.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    DeRozan's athleticism might be getting overrated, or should I say applied athleticism. He doesn't make plays with that athleticism frequently.

He only had 28 dunks in the regular season with all that bounce and quickness. On a ton of minutes, touches and games. Less than half of Kawhi's 2017.

DeRozan exploded for dunks outside the top 100, less than guys like Jeff Green, Shaun Livingston, Hezonja, etc etc

Minute for minute he was slamming less than half as often as Gay, or about once every three games.

The highlights look nice, but if Spurs fans expect to see that even once a game they will likely be disappointed.
    I think he just prefers to use his footwork over his athleticism now. So a lot of euro step layups.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Uh, Tony was ing elite.
    So was Manu, tbh.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

He's no spring chicken tbh. 29 isn't old, but a lot of players are saving their athleticism in games by that age. He's a really good athlete when he needs to be imo.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Spurs' DeRozan says he's 'moving on' after 'extremely hard week'

https://www.mysanantonio.com/sports/...r-13108713.php

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count