Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The Spurs are on that 22-year consecutive playoff appearance streak, which ties an NBA record. Assuming that the NBA cancels the rest of this season (which I doubt it will, but let's suppose it did) - does that mean that the Spurs still technically keep their playoff appearance streak intact, if San Antonio makes the playoffs next year?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Obviously if the season is cancelled, but wouldnt they resume next season as is? What about players entering fa?

Spurs Fan
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    One possibility is that today was the end of the NBA season and if things get under control the playoffs will begin on April 18 per the outlined scheduled?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    One possibility is that today was the end of the NBA season and if things get under control the playoffs will begin on April 18 per the outlined scheduled?
    Maybe but that will be a tough pill to swallow for teams within a game or two of 8th seed

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Obviously if the season is cancelled, but wouldnt they resume next season as is? What about players entering fa?
    My guess is in that scenario it’s a lost year with no Championship. Still counts as a season for cap/contract purposes.

Spurs Fan
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Maybe but that will be a tough pill to swallow for teams within a game or two of 8th seed
    I agree but unfortunately this could be one of those outcomes where it is "tough ". Otherwise, if the regular season games must be played out then the NBA playoffs, draft, summer league, and substantially start of next season all gets pushed back?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I’m sure Spurs fans are familiar with asterisk shortened season

Spurs Fan
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    My guess is in that scenario it’s a lost year with no Championship. Still counts as a season for cap/contract purposes.
    I see this as a real possibility which would be horrible for an aging LBJ.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I’m sure Spurs fans are familiar with asterisk shortened season

Aj from the baseline

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I agree but unfortunately this could be one of those outcomes where it is "tough ". Otherwise, if the regular season games must be played out then the NBA playoffs, draft, summer league, and substantially start of next season all gets pushed back?
    Nope. Just a lost season. Like a lockout.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Technically No.

It can be said the Spurs could have went 16-5 (whatever) and made them.
    If entire season and playoffs are cancelled, the streak lives on.

The Journey Is The Reward rudwick's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The Spurs are on that 22-year consecutive playoff appearance streak, which ties an NBA record. Assuming that the NBA cancels the rest of this season (which I doubt it will, but let's suppose it did) - does that mean that the Spurs still technically keep their playoff appearance streak intact, if San Antonio makes the playoffs next year?
    What playoffs did we miss?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Spurs playoff streak still alive baby!

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yea, if it's not too close to Doomsday, the season should continue, abridged.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If there are no playoffs, you can't miss the playoffs. So it all depends.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Things will get much worse. We are weeks away from things going bad worldwide. Not to increase fear or anything but I know people that are government consultant for this infection. I'm not sure how America is handling it, but on an NBA level, the infection will be around well into the playoffs.

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Not a chance in . NBA basketball is done for the year. By April 18th a sizable portion of the league will be infected. There is no hiding from this virus, most of us are getting it and most of them are too. It would be a mockery of the game to have the le determined by whichever city is hit least hard by the virus.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The most I expect to see before the next season starts are some exhibition games broadcast with whatever stars are still negative or formerly positive but recovered.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

This is just the start of the virus hitting the states, like mid December in China. Things are going to get worse before it gets better. Players, coaches, and their families will get sick in that time, then add the recovery time. They can't push this season back too far or it will come too close to next season(forget the Olympics as well). I'm thinking maybe June at earliest they can try do a shortened 4 team playoff.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

This is just the start of the virus hitting the states, like mid December in China. Things are going to get worse before it gets better. Players, coaches, and their families will get sick in that time, then add the recovery time. They can't push this season back too far or it will come too close to next season(forget the Olympics as well). I'm thinking maybe June at earliest they can try do a shortened 4 team playoff.
    Virus will still be running roughshod through the country in June most likely. I strongly doubt the top 4 teams would each be able to put a 7 man roster out.

Make a trade steal
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Virus will still be running roughshod through the country in June most likely. I strongly doubt the top 4 teams would each be able to put a 7 man roster out.
    Maybe going strong into next year.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Spurs playoff streak still alive baby!
    If it costs Nephew or LeBron a chance at ringing, I'm for it. Waste those prime years....

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I see this as a real possibility which would be horrible for an aging LBJ.
    le . 3-6

Still Sporting Ben Davis Allan Rowe vs Wade's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    CIA Pop

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Pop knew what he was doing the entire time. Get the lottery pick and keep the streak alive

Thread Information