Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    More like a top 10 player. Spur fans over rate Leonard. There are clearly 5 or 6 players better in the league.
    Only James is clearly better. Leonard is in the next tier, with Durant, Curry, Harden, Davis.

They could have also gotten Mikal Bridges on draft night in that package. Phil contacted Phoenix so had the Spurs contacted Phil first they could have gotten Bridges. Bridges is going to be a star player.

No, he's isn't. He's going to be a 3 and D wing (whose too slight to defend the elite combo forwards) and we've seen firsthand in recent years how they all of a sudden don't look as valuable on a team without playmakers.

I don't understand why anyone would want them to make a trade for a package that doesn't begin with a player perceived to have star potential.

Make a trade steal
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don't think Spurs were going to trade on draft night. If they were , I would have been happy with dealing with the Sixers.
    I am looking at it from what would be Jerry West's best play. If he could have made a deal for Mikal , then having Mikal plus whomever else West drafted (SGA, LW4, the other Bridges) would have put him in a better position when/if Spurs were ready to deal.
    The Spurs were not interested in trading on draft night but were just listening to offers. There would have to be an offer from someone that would be too good to pass up for them to make a trade. Had they wanted to make a trade they would have put out offers themselves. What I heard is they were just listening to offers.

Make a trade steal
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Only James is clearly better. Leonard is in the next tier, with Durant, Curry, Harden, Davis.

No, he's isn't. He's going to be a 3 and D wing (whose too slight to defend the elite combo forwards) and we've seen firsthand in recent years how they all of a sudden don't look as valuable on a team without playmakers.

I don't understand why anyone would want them to make a trade for a package that doesn't begin with a player perceived to have star potential.
    Bridges has an offensive game better than Leonard's when Leonard entered the league.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What I am hearing teams are wondering about Leonard mental and health state
    Spurs request or other teams request will not match tell that is resolved
    No matter on trade night or in feb deadline

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Bridges has an offensive game better than Leonard's when Leonard entered the league.
    But what about his d

Make a trade steal
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

All these players are better than Leonard. Curry and Harden are explosive scorers who carry their teams.

Giannis and Embidd are also better. Dominant centers are more valuable. Both are already putting up better numbers. Try getting any of these two players for Leonard straight up.
    Last edited by rascal; 07-15-2018 at 04:19 PM.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Bridges is about 2 years older than Leonard was when he entered the league and whether further ahead or not, what Leonard did was extremely rare.

All these players are better than Leonard. Curry and Harden are explosive scorers who carry their teams.
    You can debate the order, but none of them are clearly better than Leonard.

Make a trade steal
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Bridges is about 2 years older than Leonard was when he entered the league and whether further ahead or not, what Leonard did was extremely rare.

You can debate the order, but none of them are clearly better than Leonard.
    It becomes a matter of opinion. Most NBA fans will say those players are better while Spur fans who over rate their players will say Leonard is better.

Make a trade steal
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    But what about his d
    Solid defender also.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    It becomes a matter of opinion.
    Like this thread.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    But what about his d
    Apa says it's long and curved to the left.

Make a trade steal
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I would not have traded down like clips did but if hornets took him instead of SGA I would have been more than happy to take SGA instead. Depending how bad Porters back injury was, he could have been the homerun the Spurs would be looking for. I would have liked Robert Williams at 18 even though I knew he was undisiplined and Pop would not be able to handle him. The discipline looks to be worse than I thought. Knowing this I would have taken Okobo , who was projected lower and went at 31.
    Denver took the chance with Porter. Had the Spurs had both 12 and 13 they should have used one of those picks on Porter and the other on Miles Bridges. If Porter hits and comes back then that would be a great trade for the Spurs. It is a trade that quickly will rebuild the roster which is going to have to happen.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It becomes a matter of opinion. Most NBA fans will say those players are better while Spur fans who over rate their players will say Leonard is better.
    You said clearly though. There's no credible argument to support that.

Depends on which fans you're talking about. Casuals might, because those players are more telegenic, but hardcore fans know better.

Make a trade steal
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You said clearly though. There's no credible argument to support that.

Depends on which fans you're talking about. Casuals might, because those players are more telegenic, but hardcore fans know better.
    Clearly to me and I am sure if you ask fans of other teams they will agree.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Has that been reported? Last I saw-the asking price was Saric, Covington and 3 1sts while Kawhi and Gasol was what Philly wanted.

I figured that then number of picks was the only hangup but if they're only offering 1 then PATFO is right to hang on to Kawhi.
    I'm fairly certain t's been reported Spurs want 3 picks, and were offered 1. I'd really rather not trade Gasol . . . Mills's contract is much worse and we need Gasol considering how thin our front line is.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'd like to see us sign Christian wood. He can play the 4or 5. Is long and can shoot and handle the ball a little.

And he's only 22 still. A young big to develop with metu

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Based on this Toronto rumor and the fact that it looks like the Lakers and Sixers deal is out the water, wouldn't the clips trade have been the best?? I know nothing has happened yet but just sayin. Not to crazy about DeRozan deal unless they get a couple of pics out of it. Could have had the 12th and 13th pics plus our 18th and Tobias Harris?
    One of those clippers picks would have been Lonnie, so NO.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

We still could've gotten another wing (Miles Bridges/Troy Brown/etc.) and center (Mitc Robinson). And Tobias wasn't the only player currently on the Clippers West was offering.

Honestly, if we were OK with carrying 9 guards (ugh) I'd do a Kawhi for Tobias/Montrezl/Jerome Robinson/2021 first round pick right away. Tobias can play the 4 sometimes. Also assuming the 2021 draft is actually as deep as everyone claims it to be.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'd like to see us sign Christian wood. He can play the 4or 5. Is long and can shoot and handle the ball a little.

And he's only 22 still. A young big to develop with metu
    Surprised Bucks haven't given him a contract, tbh.

Make a trade steal
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    No, one of those picks would not have been Lonnie. There were better players at 12 and 13 than Lonnie. The Spurs still had their pick at 18.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    No, one of those picks would not have been Lonnie. There were better players at 12 and 13 than Lonnie. The Spurs still had their pick at 18.
    I think one of 12/13 would be Lonnie, the other would be SF. He was projected to go much higher. And I don't think the front office was as high on Zhaire as people around here were.

Make a trade steal
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think one of 12/13 would be Lonnie, the other would be SF. He was projected to go much higher. And I don't think the front office was as high on Zhaire as people around here were.
    Miles Bridges and Porter were higher ranked.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Miles Bridges and Porter were higher ranked.
    So you think we go 12-SF, 13-SF, 18-SG? Seems like Spurs were specifically scoping out Lonnie, though.

Make a trade steal
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So you think we go 12-SF, 13-SF, 18-SG? Seems like Spurs were specifically scoping out Lonnie, though.
    Good possibility losing Leonard and Porter needing more recovery time.

Thread Information