Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Oh so you know exactly what they're thinking. Uh huh.
    I know the definition of greed. It's not a secret.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I know the definition of greed. It's not a secret.
    Ok, greed expert.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Absolutely not, this nonsense with Kawai just proves that he's an over sensitive . Honest to god, I understand having a bad taste over the injury, but for it to develop into this...ridiculous lack of character. Whereas with 9.5 out of 10 other players have said that San Antonio is a fantastic place to live play and that the people running the team are great. I don't need one certified to ruin everything. The Spurs look to be going into semi tank mode.

tangina ka, though FireMicoHalili's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The only player I remember complaining about the Spurs recently was Stephen Jackson. Jonathon Simmons, to an extent, when he said he wasn’t offered anything by the Spurs last year. Other than those guys most of the former players seemed to have no qualms whatsoever. Can’t blame some fans for being baffled about this whole brouhaha, especially players under contract who seem to want out for no solid reason at all.

Pounding the Rock!
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It seems clear the Spurs are great for the role players who catch on here, who play the best of their career and get to be part of a winning organization. ******, Manu, and Parker are 2nd-tier stars who also did great, even if maybe they didn't make as much money as they could have elsewhere (debatable). But what's really important in the NBA is attracting and getting good work out of superstars.

Role players are vital, but it's the TDs and KLs of the world who put you in contention.

Robinson and TD had long and profitable careers here. But, these are unique personalities. Robinson, besides being an awesome ambassador and who really got me into the Spurs when he was drafted, is a different kind of cat. He brought his electronic keyboard and books to the Olympics while the other guys were partying and gambling (as a pro musician, I approve!). Duncan committed totally to the team, to the point that in a sense he almost was the team. But we all know he very seriously considered leaving for all that.

If you're a superstar, do you accept the stability and success of the Spurs, even though your stats are going to suffer, your $ and fame will be less, and you have to accept being yelled at by Pop? In the NBA, the top players have so much intrinsic power and leverage. It looks to be a pretty tough situation to keep going.

That being said, I am leaning more and more to this whole saga being a Supermax s game. Kawhi's injured, but he wants the big contract. The Spurs don't want to pay it unless he's completely healthy. Something-something-something.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It seems clear the Spurs are great for the role players who catch on here, who play the best of their career and get to be part of a winning organization. ******, Manu, and Parker are 2nd-tier stars who also did great, even if maybe they didn't make as much money as they could have elsewhere (debatable). But what's really important in the NBA is attracting and getting good work out of superstars.

Role players are vital, but it's the TDs and KLs of the world who put you in contention.

Robinson and TD had long and profitable careers here. But, these are unique personalities. Robinson, besides being an awesome ambassador and who really got me into the Spurs when he was drafted, is a different kind of cat. He brought his electronic keyboard and books to the Olympics while the other guys were partying and gambling (as a pro musician, I approve!). Duncan committed totally to the team, to the point that in a sense he almost was the team. But we all know he very seriously considered leaving for all that.

If you're a superstar, do you accept the stability and success of the Spurs, even though your stats are going to suffer, your $ and fame will be less, and you have to accept being yelled at by Pop? In the NBA, the top players have so much intrinsic power and leverage. It looks to be a pretty tough situation to keep going.

That being said, I am leaning more and more to this whole saga being a Supermax s game. Kawhi's injured, but he wants the big contract. The Spurs don't want to pay it unless he's completely healthy. Something-something-something.
    Agree.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Aldridge stats haven't suffered much. He got paid and is an all star.

If San Antonio was that bad for players, guys like LMA wouldn't come here to begin with, more star players would have left sooner and there wouldn't be 5 le banners in the rafters.

Ridiculous thread.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Endorsement money is limited for players in small markets like SA. That will always be a disadvantage. Team Uncle will eventually find out that endorsement money is also limited for players with the personality of a tree stump.
    Yep. It is going to be a rude awakening for him and the few snake oil salesmen operating this start-up agency, Impact. Not only that their client isn't marketable and doesn't even put a fake effort into it, but they are going to settle for table scraps in LA since he will be living under Lebron shadow in the next few years.

The amount of risk this group are taking with this guy career is ludicrous: The reputation is already down the drain; the money will follow soon.
    Last edited by spursistan; 07-16-2018 at 11:03 AM.

Pounding the Rock!
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Aldridge stats haven't suffered much. He got paid and is an all star.

If San Antonio was that bad for players, guys like LMA wouldn't come here to begin with, more star players would have left sooner and there wouldn't be 5 le banners in the rafters.

Ridiculous thread.
    Getting it twisted.

You haven't noticed the difficulty of attracting top free agents here in the past? Aldridge was the first big acquisition (please don't say Richard Jefferson was big, the guy was an average player) and he wanted to leave! Why did he want to leave? Maybe because it wasn't good here for him. And that's a guy with roots in Texas. Aldridge is also a second-tier guy and not the cornerstone player of a championship team.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

You haven't noticed the difficulty of attracting top free agents here in the past? Aldridge was the first big acquisition (please don't say Richard Jefferson was big
    Oh you mean attracting all star free agents like Aldridge and RJ?

Yeah, there was a degree of difficulty in signing them.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Is Toronto bad for players?

Looks pretty cold

Pounding the Rock!
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Is Toronto bad for players?

Looks pretty cold
    IMO they're a pretty solid organization with a good GM and some similarities to the Spurs (with some obvious differences). It's also Siberia. I wonder if Kawhi will ever step on the court for them.

Thread Information