Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Veteran
    My Team
    Houston Rockets
    Post Count
    What? If we took soccer seriously, we'd be one of, if not, the best team(s) in the world.

We dominate everything else, except hockey, because of the resources that go into it.

Board Man Comes Home Clipper Nation's Avatar
    My Team
    Los Angeles Clippers
    Post Count
    It's true, though. Our best athletes play real sports, not povertyball. If the opposite were true, the US would win the World Cup all the time.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    classic Americans. we are the best at everything. We only allow you to win because we don’t care

Veteran
    My Team
    Houston Rockets
    Post Count
    If our best athletes played soccer instead everything else, we'd dominate. Imagine young urban kids dribbling and doing tricks with a soccer ball instead of a basketball. Imagine if it were a 50/50 split. We'd dominate both.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Bukakeball is a joke, part time amateur athletes from Iceland do better than pro teams

My Team
    Toronto Raptors
    Post Count
    "We"

You fat s aren't doing .

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    We would have the best floppers, it's true. Riots after the games would only work in states like California and New York though.

My Team
    Cleveland Cavaliers
    Post Count
    Not to get all Avante, but if the best black athletes in this country played soccer the way they play football and basketball the US could win World Cups, IMO. Gottlieb is basically saying the same thing, without actually saying it.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The World Cup is over. So basically, Soccer talk in America is over.

Can we please have 4 years before we talk about this boring ass sport again? No more threads. Post this in the DoubleHandJob Forum.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Maybe the US would be one of the powerhouses, but they would never dominate like they dominate basketball, for example. You can't have one dominant country on a sport as popular as soccer, tbh.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Also, 6'6'' dudes aren't generally good at soccer, tbh.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'll be serious here. NBA players would be pretty bad at soccer, even the "shorter" ones like Westbrook and Curry. Soccer really does favor a 5'4" to 6'0" height, generally speaking. The NFL and MLB athletes in that height range could definitely be outstanding soccer players, but obviously they would've had to been born in a soccer country. We could honestly start throwing our very best young athletes at the sport right now, and I don't think it would make a difference, since soccer isn't in the "cultural blood" so to speak. In any sport, you can't just fund your way to success. It has to be decades long organic process that naturally emerges from a nation's cultural landscape. The soccer culture here is centered around suburban housewives watching their kids aimlessly jog around while kicking a ball. Perhaps a great US soccer generation could emerge from the Latino demographic, but it won't come from those "pay to play" programs. Those are the kids who couldn't play a big 4 sport.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    In addition to that point ^, the reason a talented US soccer player will never reach their potential is because of the "iron sharpens iron" idea. A US prodigy will have spent his pre-teen years playing against AYSO and "pay-to-play" detritus growing up. Even if he goes to a hot shot Euro academy in his teen years, it's probably too late. Meanwhile, all these NBA, MLB, NHL, and NFL players grow up playing against the very best youth level players in the world on AAU traveling teams and the like.

Veteran
    My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    What? If we took soccer seriously, we'd be one of, if not, the best team(s) in the world.

We dominate everything else, except hockey, because of the resources that go into it.

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count

It's true, though. Our best athletes play real sports, not povertyball. If the opposite were true, the US would win the World Cup all the time.
    right on cue....good job tbh OP

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    “Wed be the best I tell ya” (stuffs a dozen grande nachos into his mouth and drinks from his Xxl HiC)

todays american fat pieces of

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Not only do the USA’s best athletes not play soccer, most of the best ones here who do want to play soccer never get to develop.

There are really only two paths to the U.S. team:

1) Be a rich white kid whose parents can pay for you to play on select teams
    2) Be an expat kid who can develop in a European country’s system

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    to thel "if we'd train deplorable monkeys from age 3 we'd win a few rings" crowd:

- watch the world cup and see how the nig teams fared. spoiler: bad
    - france has nigs playing team first ball that's why they won. Team first ball doesn't exist in the US, y'all idiots always need a star/superstar/man whatever.
    - croatia outplayed france in the final before they went desperate and left their backs open. says a lot about the skill&coordination requirements of the game that a team of players who spent their youths running from civil war and who are non-athletic and who came after one less day of rest and a full game more were able to outplay france for ~60 mins.
    - nigeria and senegal are the only nig teams in africa that qualified, the rest are morocco, egypt, tunisia who are less athletic but more coordinated.
    - colombia got cucked by japan and lost to england
    - american mentality doesn't translate to playing unfair sports. football is a game of control, not a game of fairness. y'all re s would rage non-stop and would quit just like you do right now after a decent us run. This happens because you're impatient as a nation and football requires patiance and long term planning.
    - football isn't popular in the states because the spectators want to see roid raging monkeys playing gladiator while also having constant burger breaks to watch commercials. you're too superficial to appreciate a tactical battle.
    - you are to pussy to actually want to win something if throwing more money at it isn't going to do it.

hence you'll never come close to ringing.
    now get back to wanking it off to vertical/explosiveness/bench press/deltoid size and other primitive measurements of sports prowess like the good simians that you are. y'all really a bunch of closet gots, salivating at other men smh bunch of trump voting deplorables tbh.

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    to thel "if we'd train deplorable monkeys from age 3 we'd win a few rings" crowd:

- france has nigs playing team first ball that's why they won. Team first ball doesn't exist in the US, y'all idiots always need a star/superstar/man whatever.
    - croatia outplayed france in the final before they went desperate and left their backs open. says a lot about the skill&coordination requirements of the game that a team of players who spent their youths running from civil war and who are non-athletic and who came after one less day of rest and a full game more were able to outplay france for ~60 mins.
    - nigeria and senegal are the only nig teams in africa that qualified, the rest are morocco, egypt, tunisia who are less athletic but more coordinated.
    - american mentality doesn't translate to playing unfair sports. football is a game of control, not a game of fairness. y'all re s would rage non-stop and would quit just like you do right now after a decent us run. This happens because you're impatient as a nation and football requires patiance and long term planning.
    - football isn't popular in the states because the spectators want to see roid raging monkeys playing gladiator while also having constant burger breaks to watch commercials. you're too superficial to appreciate a tactical battle.
    - you are to pussy to actually want to win something if throwing more money at it isn't going to do it.

now get back to wanking it off to vertical/explosiveness/bench press/deltoid size and other primitive measurements of sports prowess like the good simians that you are. y'all really a bunch of closet gots, salivating at other men smh bunch of trump voting deplorables tbh.

Veteran
    My Team
    Houston Rockets
    Post Count
    We have as many athletes as Brazil, if we took soccer seriously, we'd be just as good.

Veteran
    My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    We have as many athletes as Brazil, if we took soccer seriously, we'd be just as good.

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Dfens haaaaatttteeees that France won it, I can taste the tears through my phone

I wish I could have seen the look on his face every time France scored, the rage in his eyes every time he watched a smiling Black face..mmm..

Veteran
    My Team
    Houston Rockets
    Post Count

Oh gee, bigot, Brazil with all of its black/blackish athletes seems to do fine. None of those African countries are as rich or as big as Brazil but we are.

Thread Information