My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Csm

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Stephen Jackson used to hang out at Paradise. That's all you need to know about him.
    What the is Paradise?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Stephen,

I get it, Kawhi wants to play elsewhere else and to me that's OK. Teams do it all the time, and it's good to see some players do it as well. But Kawhi should have at least played for the Spurs last year or let Pop shut him down for the season, he no reason not to, and also he did not had to make his trade demand public or throw the Spurs under the buss in the process, but he did. That sends a certain message, the Spurs were the team that believed in Kawhi and helped him become the player who he is today. They also gave him a champioship ring, something most NBA players never get.

Having said that, go eff yourself!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Are you dumb? Of course he deserves to be ostracized. The situation wasn't toxic, he made it toxic. You're telling me everyone is free to up at work, not honor contracts, not show up (and still get paid), not support coworkers, and after all that run the name of their employers through the mud and it's all good? Where can I find a job like that so I can sign up?

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Isn't this the same Jackson that also decided to bail on the Spurs for greener pastures only to lead to a disaster of a career and no additional rings?

Isn't this the same Jackson who could have gotten at least one more ring if it were not for his habit?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Stephen,

I get it, Kawhi wants to play elsewhere else and to me that's OK. Teams do it all the time, and it's good to see some players do it as well. But Kawhi should have at least played for the Spurs last year or let Pop shut him down for the season, he no reason not to, and also he did not had to make his trade demand public or throw the Spurs under the buss in the process, but he did. That sends a certain message, the Spurs were the team that believed in Kawhi and helped him become the player who he is today. They also gave him a champioship ring, something most NBA players never get.

Having said that, go eff yourself!
    Kawhi never said anything... He didn't throw anyone under the bus... It was all media heads speculating... Even Mr Insider CC looked stupid by saying Kawhi wouldn't even go to Toronto, then barely 24 hours later Kawhi is in Toronto smiling and taking pics... These media heads don't know ... They spitball and see what sticks...

unity in diversity
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Kawhi never said anything... He didn't throw anyone under the bus... It was all media heads speculating... Even Mr Insider CC looked stupid by saying Kawhi wouldn't even go to Toronto, then barely 24 hours later Kawhi is in Toronto smiling and taking pics... These media heads don't know ... They spitball and see what sticks...
    How do you know if the statements made about wanting a trade or who he would play for came out of Kawhi's camp or not?

I think you are speculating yourself, you don't know what Kawhi's camp did not did not share with the media. Just because Kawhi went to Toronto does not mean his camp was not trying to control where he went with information fed to the media. Once he was sent, they are making the best of it.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Jackson sounds like a bitter, ignorant fool. This team took a huge loss when Duncan retired but they managed to compete / contend. They made the playoffs last year while going through a ridiculous ordeal. I think they'll recover just fine and make the playoffs this year.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Speaking of Chris Carter, said Kawhi doesn't want to go to Toronto. We all know that's an empty threat. It would be career suicide if he were to do that. At rate, regarding your point about the media speculating, yes they did that but a lot of it turned out to be true. Kawhi does want to be traded, he told the team he would return many times, and last but not least he called the Spurs a controlling org and bunch of other things. These are facts.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Speaking of Chris Carter, said Kawhi doesn't want to go to Toronto. We all know that's an empty threat. It would be career suicide if he were to do that. At rate, regarding your point about the media speculating, yes they did that but a lot of it turned out to be true. Kawhi does want to be traded, he told the team he would return many times, and last but not least he called the Spurs a controlling org and bunch of other things. These are facts.
    Show me where it is a fact that he called the Spurs a controlling org... The only place I've seen that is media talking heads that sounded like speculation

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yeah, he is. He could have been part of a dynasty and held out for more money and ended up taking $100k less and went to Atlanta instead of waiting it out. He got paid eventually, as did Manu and Parker, except they won multiple rings are 1st ballot HoFers. Of course he's jealous, he has a major inferiority complex.
    You know this never even really occurred to me but I think there is something to it. Jackson was a very good player but he left way too early. Manu basically took his job and went on to win more championships and will be in the Hall of Fame. So yeah probably jealousy.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    CC said that because that’s what Kawhi’s camp was feeding him. Their hope was it would scare off the Raptors from trading for him. Kawhi showing up in Toronto has no relevance to what they were feeding their minions in the media. Kawhi didn’t have a choice but to report given that fines and losing his right to free agency would have been the consequence.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    CC said that because that’s what Kawhi’s camp was feeding him. Their hope was it would scare off the Raptors from trading for him. Kawhi showing up in Toronto has no relevance to what they were feeding their minions in the media. Kawhi didn’t have a choice but to report given that fines and losing his right to free agency would have been the consequence.
    No... The trade had already happened... And CC was on air implying Kawhi won't show... Less than 24 hours later Kawhi is in Toronto... These dudes don't know as much as u think they do...

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    No... The trade had already happened... And CC was on air implying Kawhi won't show... Less than 24 hours later Kawhi is in Toronto... These dudes don't know as much as u think they do...
    What are you talking about. The trade had absolutely not happened yet. Their were reports that Toronto was in serious trade talks with the Spurs so of course Kawhi’s camp wanted no part of going to the Raptors so it was their last ditch effort to sabotage the trade. In fact, once the trade occurred CC completely changed course because there was never a possibility that Kawhi wouldn’t report. In addition, CC has ties to Kawhi’s team given that his agent represented him and reports of his brother working with them.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    All I got out of that was "kawhi do what you want to do"

Deep.
    Dat was your ex-wife's strategy, tbh.

And yea, it went deep.

Pop took his brain back. xellos88330's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Are you dumb? Of course he deserves to be ostracized. The situation wasn't toxic, he made it toxic. You're telling me everyone is free to up at work, not honor contracts, not show up (and still get paid), not support coworkers, and after all that run the name of their employers through the mud and it's all good? Where can I find a job like that so I can sign up?
    Does he work for the Spurs now?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Does he work for the Spurs now?
    What does that have to do with anything?

Pop took his brain back. xellos88330's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What does that have to do with anything?
    It has everything to do with working for the Spurs or not. The Spurs got rid of a toxic person. End of story. The Spurs had a problem, and they got rid of it, the same way any company would get rid of a toxic person or someone who creates a toxic work environment. The Spurs simply did what they had to. Is Kawhi still playing basketball? Sure he is. If a person gets fired from McDonald's they can still work at Whataburger. You get what I am saying?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Also, SJax is spitting off here like players don't have the options to just NOT SIGN EXTENSIONS.

Every player in the league has always had the option to do what they want to do. If you don't want to be with a team long-term, don't sign a 5 year contract. If you don't want to be there anymore, finish your contract and become an UFA instead of signing an extension then trying to your way out of it.

I'm tired of this narrative that these guys getting paid millions of dollar to do the job of basketball are being treated like they are slaves. If you don't want to be tied to a contract, then don't sign one and see how well you do fielding one-to-two year deals.
    Or better. Go work 8 hours a day on a assembly line and then you'll get a taste of what a modern slave is. nobody forces you to do this job, man. If you disagree withe the ins and outs, get another job or build your own team and see i fyou don't trade anyone if you underachieve.

Their way of thinking is nonsensical. NBA is a compe ion, an association where owners decide to hire an FO making decisions and choices to try to improve their team. They maybe right or wrong but it's their job and if they fail, they'll be dumped too.

Which is also what guys like Demar do when they are recruiting players to join them. They don't bother if that mean other guys will be dumped or traded for that, they see their interest to try to improve the team.

If you don't want your team to dump you, hey guess what... don't get swept from the PO and win a ship, you won't have any problem. Ask Manu, Tony and Tim.

Other than that, stop ing and posting cryptic, mystic, random "inspirational quotes" and acting like a diva because you'll get paid $20m to play somewhere else.

I understand they have families but then again, if that's your main concern get a job where you won't be subject to these imponderables, and no matter what you'll be away half of the year.

And If you're not happy and don't want that money, someone will take it for you, dont worry.
    Last edited by JPB; 07-23-2018 at 02:33 AM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Show me where it is a fact that he called the Spurs a controlling org... The only place I've seen that is media talking heads that sounded like speculation
    That came from Chris Carter. But I will ask you this if the fact that Kawhi asked for a trade was not leaked by his camp, do you think it was the Spurs that leaked it? Let me remind you, It was reported by Jabari not Woj.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I understand the mentality, and if they want to get paid, great. But don't pull this "woe is me" bull and act like the victims if that's how you want to play the game.

SJax cited Lebron as some kind of shining example, but there is a big ing difference from Lebron and Kawhi. Lebron actually finished his contracts, and left as a FA when it was his time to do so...just like any other player in the league has the option to do.
    I would have 0 inn interest in coach Lebron, manager lebron, GM Lebron, Diva Bron. Kawhi never did that. i would pick Kawhi in front of LeBron as a franchise cornerstone.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    they actually know very little to nothing, but they need ratings so they create a lot of stories(lies) and call it investigative journalism. Chris Boussard keeps saying he has "sources" but he's mostly wrong. These people know nothing. I've never in my life seen a situation where so little is said and everyone on the outside knows so ing much.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Last week when the trade happened Chris Carter was on TV saying that in thirty minutes right after the show ended he was going to have a conference call with Kawhi and his group.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    outside of woj does anyone really have a clue?

Thread Information