Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Adrian Wojnarowski
    @wojespn
    ·
    8h
    ESPN story with windhorstESPN on Cleveland signing Kevin Love to a four-year, $120M extension -- securing him for an overall five-years, $145M.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    lol empty stats guy, look for cavs not to make playoffs

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Dude tweeted " Let's get it"

get what?

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

get what?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It's crap like this, and while no means the worst case (see MarshMello Anthony, etc) that add to some peoples beliefs the whole damn thing is rigged.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

get what?
    That paycheck tbh

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    It's crap like this, and while no means the worst case (see MarshMello Anthony, etc) that add to some peoples beliefs the whole damn thing is rigged.
    Not rigged per se but I have no sympathy for owners/GMs that pass out max level contracts to fringe all STARS. And pay them LeBronDurant level salaries. PG13 Derozan and Love are good players but if they were making 18, maybe 20 max you would live with it. But $30 million?! Fux that let them walk...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Not rigged per se but I have no sympathy for owners/GMs that pass out max level contracts to fringe all STARS. And pay them LeBronDurant level salaries. PG13 Derozan and Love are good players but if they were making 18, maybe 20 max you would live with it. But $30 million?! Fux that let them walk...
    There's only so many LeBrons and Durants to go around. Once the cream of the crop is signed what are you supposed to do, just stand pat? Not maxing second-tier stars allows for the rich to get richer too. Why take $18 mill from SA or OKC when you can go join Bron in LA and get the same amount.

Not even talking about Love, since I hate his game and have always thought he was massively overrated. But I can live with maxing out second tier guys who are still perennial all-stars like PG13, Blake, Wall, LMA, DeRozan, Butler, etc.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    There's only so many LeBrons and Durants to go around. Once the cream of the crop is signed what are you supposed to do, just stand pat? Not maxing second-tier stars allows for the rich to get richer too. Why take $18 mill from SA or OKC when you can go join Bron in LA and get the same amount.

Not even talking about Love, since I hate his game and have always thought he was massively overrated. But I can live with maxing out second tier guys who are still perennial all-stars like PG13, Blake, Wall, LMA, DeRozan, Butler, etc.
    Yall didn't sign DD that was Raptors dumbass so yall get a pass. LMA sucked year one (especially playoffs) but was good last year. I don't think he is a max guy but at least he is closer to it than most of the guys you mentioned. PG13 was worth it preinjury I like but don't love the rest of the guys you mentioned on a max deal including Butler.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yall didn't sign DD that was Raptors dumbass so yall get a pass. LMA sucked year one (especially playoffs) but was good last year. I don't think he is a max guy but at least he is closer to it than most of the guys you mentioned. PG13 was worth it preinjury I like but don't love the rest of the guys you mentioned on a max deal including Butler.
    I mean, I can agree that those guys I listed don't deserve to make the same as LeBron.

But what's the alternative? Offering them $18 mill instead of the max gives them no incentive to sign with you and it makes it easier for the teams that guys like LeBron are on to afford second-tier stars. It would lead to even less parity, imo.

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Dan Gilbert will be rewarded with more lottery picks for this.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    And the alternative to paying those guys is trading like Pacers and Minny did. Sure Minny went through some bad years but they are now better without Love than with. Same for Indy, Utah and even Portland at least regular season wise.
    Gotta trade for picks draft and develop players.
    Utah was better without Hayward too. All those fringe all star guys left for big money and their teams even small market teams thrived. And they (Indy/Utah) actually had/have cap space to trade for players"if they can't sign big FA's.
    Rather have cap space than overpay unless it's on short-term deals.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Blazers though let Aldridge walk and still don't have much space which is crazy... That team won't last... It can't.
    And FkLA I get it but I have long argued system isn't fair... Even with the incentives built in CBA to resign your own guys it just leaves to a bunch of deals that need to be dumped like Derozan or Blake Griffin a year or two after they are signed.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    And what happens when Oladipo and Mitc 's contracts are up? You don't max them because they aren't LeBron?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Rather have cap space than overpay unless it's on short-term deals.
    All kinds of examples, but just one is with the Spurs.
    Don't sign Patty 50 and Gasol and look at the cap space.

After 2015 I thought one of GM Lebrons biggest blunders was giving Love the contract he did. I mean of course his homies JR Smith and Kardashian were contracts too.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    And what happens when Oladipo and Mitc 's contracts are up? You don't max them because they aren't LeBron?
    Nah it's not just LeBron, Durant Steph, Davis,, Giannis, Harden, Russ those type guys you pay.
    Don't forget your Spurs almost never overpaid before Mills and Gasol. Even Duncan normally took less.

Veteran
    My Team
    Los Angeles Clippers
    Post Count
    Nah it's not just LeBron, Durant Steph, Davis,, Giannis, Harden, Russ those type guys you pay.
    Don't forget your Spurs almost never overpaid before Mills and Gasol. Even Duncan normally took less.
    The current CBA totally warped the pay structure brother. With massive jump in salary cap and a weak free agent class, GM’s are forced to fill that space. The players know it.

Heck, Tobias Harris recently turned down an $80 million contract offer for the simple reason that in this market, it’s considered a paycut. He can make $188 over 5 or $145 over 4, and guess what? He’ll get it. A 6’9 wing that can give you 19, 6 and 3 while shooting 41_% beyond the arc is almost guaranteed to receive first tier money.

My biggest gripe is when these GM’s locks down third tier players into multi year guaranteed deals, like Deng, Noah and Anderson.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Bend over, I'll ing show you extended Love.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    The current CBA totally warped the pay structure brother. With massive jump in salary cap and a weak free agent class, GM’s are forced to fill that space. The players know it.

Heck, Tobias Harris recently turned down an $80 million contract offer for the simple reason that in this market, it’s considered a paycut. He can make $188 over 5 or $145 over 4, and guess what? He’ll get it. A 6’9 wing that can give you 19, 6 and 3 while shooting 41_% beyond the arc is almost guaranteed to receive first tier money.

My biggest gripe is when these GM’s locks down third tier players into multi year guaranteed deals, like Deng, Noah and Anderson.
    Gotta be a middle ground... Clips probably underbid at $80 but but $145? Clips would be dumb to pay that... Trade him if he won't meet in the middle.

Veteran
    My Team
    Los Angeles Clippers
    Post Count
    Gotta be a middle ground... Clips probably underbid at $80 but but $145? Clips would be dumb to pay that... Trade him if he won't meet in the middle.
    $188 is actually with the Clippers, $145 is if he signs with another team. I do agree it’s an overpay, but if the Clippers doesn’t pony up, they’ll have to settle with guys like Middleton, Kidd-Gilchrist and Tyreke Evans. They’re all complimentary pieces (Tobias included) but you get the idea that with the curry cash flow someone will always be overpaid.

The best model for success as always is through luck and smart drafting. The Warriors have it all figured out. I think the Lakers has potential but the Celtics imo are the wave of the future.

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    Without Kevin Love, LeBron is 0 & forever with Cleveland

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    $188 is actually with the Clippers, $145 is if he signs with another team. I do agree it’s an overpay, but if the Clippers doesn’t pony up, they’ll have to settle with guys like Middleton, Kidd-Gilchrist and Tyreke Evans. They’re all complimentary pieces (Tobias included) but you get the idea that with the curry cash flow someone will always be overpaid.

The best model for success as always is through luck and smart drafting. The Warriors have it all figured out. I think the Lakers has potential but the Celtics imo are the wave of the future.
    Not saying this to hate but their model is unstainable unless they flip Horford, Kyrie and or Hayward. Tatum is going to get a max deal, Jaylen will be due one before that. They just resigned Smart and Horford is on a sizable deal. Kyrie is up for an extension, this year and Hayward just signed one last July. Ainge was smart to sell off KG/Pierce/rondo etc and avoid teh diminishing returns stage where you pay a star max money for fast dwindling production. But eventually they will need to make soem hard choices. lucky for them they have plenty of picks. I would let Rozier Walk (or trade him even better) and try to get Kyrie to take a team friendly extension near max but not max.
    Otherwise no way they can keep their team together.

Celts and state are both smart but also benefited from luck. State got the bennefit of MVP production (steph) for fringe all-star pay. By extending Steph when he was still battling ankle issues. That allowed them to add guys like Iggy to a max deal while getting huge savings on steph. They deserve praise for drafting Steph/Green/Klay and convincing KD to join ...
    But they arent miles ahead as they proclaim.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count

Previous poster pointed to 4 for 140 or 5 for 180 but way I wouldnt pay either amount, NFW!!!
    Clips can flip him for a pick or players with more team friendly deals.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    "Bend over and I'll give ya a love extension" - Cub

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Kevin Love is a top 5 talent

Thread Information