My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    is pretty much done?

With KD, Step, and Klay’s shooting ability, the Warriors were unstoppable. Teams were forced to launch 3s just to try to keep up.

Outside of the rockets, will traditional spacing and offense slowly come back now that everyone is not chasing GS? Will defense make its was back to the forefront?

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    is pretty much done?

With KD, Step, and Klay’s shooting ability, the Warriors were unstoppable. Teams were forced to launch 3s just to try to keep up.

Outside of the rockets, will traditional spacing and offense slowly come back now that everyone is not chasing GS? Will defense make its was back to the forefront?
    Would be nice but analytics say No

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    is pretty much done?

Clips defense when healthy will be legit tho

Veteran
    My Team
    Miami Heat
    Post Count
    I think we're going to revert back to more defensive-minded teams. The Clips and Philly should both have elite defenses next year and the Bucks and Raptors already were elite last year.

notthewordsofonewhokneels Thread's Avatar
    My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    I think we're going to revert back to more defensive-minded teams. The Clips and Philly should both have elite defenses next year and the Bucks and Raptors already were elite last year.
    Silver would never let the NBA go back there, D-. No way.

My Team
    New Orleans Hornets
    Post Count
    Nope. Until they push back the three point line or adjust the scoring differential, the reward still greatly outweighs the risk. Still should be 25-30 three point attempts a game, and more for the better shooting teams.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    For the Lakers, I foresee inside out old school style. They'll shoot threes, but 1st and 2nd options will be AD and Boogie. Not too many teams will be able to deal with these two (who can post, hit from mid and 3pt range). As defenses collapse to help on these twin towers, that's when you will see 3pt shots start to flying. Hopefully they can hit the 3 at a decent clip.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    For the Lakers, I foresee inside out old school style. They'll shoot threes, but 1st and 2nd options will be AD and Boogie. Not too many teams will be able to deal with these two (who can post, hit from mid and 3pt range). As defenses collapse to help on these twin towers, that's when you will see 3pt shots start to flying. Hopefully they can hit the 3 at a decent clip.

ROFL. Those "twin towers" didn't really make an impact 2 years ago when they were both younger and healthier. Boogie is a broken down piece of slow . Sorry Geraldo, you can't make guacamole with horse .

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    No, now Steph has the perpetual green light (not that he didn't already) and he's got nothing to lose, he will take 30 a game.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The chucking will continue until morale improves.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    The chucking will continue until morale improves.
    Graveling assessment by Chris. Sobering moment in an otherwise fun Monday.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    100% yes. If anything, LeBron beating 73 win state, KD and Kawhi (midrange game) winning rings and the Rockettes getting on / running out of gas every playoffs means Moreyball/ 3pt chucking is recognized as not a winning strategy when the game slows down come May/June. Sure it can get your franchise some ticket sales but the real contenders will see guys like Jokic and Giannis, as well as super skilled strong/big guys like Kawhi and Giannis as the real tickets to success.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    ROFL. Those "twin towers" didn't really make an impact 2 years ago when they were both younger and healthier. Boogie is a broken down piece of slow . Sorry Geraldo, you can't make guacamole with horse .

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think / hope teams will start go back to a natural basketball pace with post play making somewhat of a comeback.

Steph is still Steph, but with Klay out most of the season, and no KD flanking him, he’s in for a ride awakening this season. He’s gonna get roughed up and worn down trying to carry the load all season long.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    I think / hope teams will start go back to a natural basketball pace with post play making somewhat of a comeback.

Steph is still Steph, but with Klay out most of the season, and no KD flanking him, he’s in for a ride awakening this season. He’s gonna get roughed up and worn down trying to carry the load all season long.
    We've all been wishing & hoping that, ooze. Ain't gonna happen though.

Chris nailed it to the barn door:::>>>The chucking will continue until morale improves.<<<

I've been here off & on, more on than off for nigh on a decade, or, more and I've seen better, more cogent, I just can't cite it.
    Think it thru, ooze. Don't just gloss over it and call me names. Stop what you're doing and roll that around in your gourd, it's considerations, implications & aim.

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    No, now Steph has the perpetual green light (not that he didn't already) and he's got nothing to lose, he will take 30 a game.
    31-38 IMO

My Team
    New Orleans Hornets
    Post Count
    100% yes. If anything, LeBron beating 73 win state, KD and Kawhi (midrange game) winning rings and the Rockettes getting on / running out of gas every playoffs means Moreyball/ 3pt chucking is recognized as not a winning strategy when the game slows down come May/June. Sure it can get your franchise some ticket sales but the real contenders will see guys like Jokic and Giannis, as well as super skilled strong/big guys like Kawhi and Giannis as the real tickets to success.
    The Bucks averaged the second most three point attempts in the league last season. When you have a Giannis type or LeBron in his prime, you surround them with three point shooters to force the defense to choose to either collapse or space out. Every team may be built slightly differently, but having a guy like Giannis or Kawhi or LeBron doesn’t prevent or necessarily minimize a team from chucking threes.

You want players to stop chucking threes? Get rid of the corner three point shot and move the three point line arc back to 30 feet. That way you leave three point shooting to the really skilled shooters.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The Bucks averaged the second most three point attempts in the league last season. When you have a Giannis type or LeBron in his prime, you surround them with three point shooters to force the defense to choose to either collapse or space out. Every team may be built slightly differently, but having a guy like Giannis or Kawhi or LeBron doesn’t prevent or necessarily minimize a team from chucking threes.

You want players to stop chucking threes? Get rid of the corner three point shot and move the three point line arc back to 30 feet. That way you leave three point shooting to the really skilled shooters.
    Not sure if it counts as a chuck when the gravity of a Giannis who can dunk on anyone within 10 feet of the rim makes the whole defense sag in, creating wide open jumpers. By chucking I mean Curry-like contested rainbow shots with 15 seconds left on the clock from 30 feet out. That will likely take a dive, with teams knowing that strategy can't win in the playoffs with real defense being played.

Thread Information