Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yeah, DMDR probably doesn't want to opt out. DPG's is overlooking that DeMar can also negotiate and extension as part of a trade. That gives him the flexibility to go to actual good teams, and it probably gives him more money than he'd get on a new contract. It's not a definite thing he'd opt out at all.
    I’m telling you he’s 90% opting out. Part of the S&T would be an extension. I thought that was assumed.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I’m telling you he’s 90% opting out. Part of the S&T would be an extension. I thought that was assumed.
    You can't extend when you're a free agent. You have to just sign a new deal, which all the rules that come with that. There are contenders that seem to want him and are willing to extend him, so it make sense for all three sides to not do an S&T and instead just do an opt-in extend-and-trade.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You can't extend when you're a free agent. You have to just sign a new deal, which all the rules that come with that. There are contenders that seem to want him and are willing to extend him, so it make sense for all three sides to not do an S&T and instead just do an opt-in extend-and-trade.
    Ok. Being specific, yes. I’m sort of lumping it all in together for the sake of the overarching point; ddr is gone

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Ok. Being specific, yes. I’m sort of lumping it all in together for the sake of the overarching point; ddr is gone
    Oh, I definitely don't think he's GONE. SA not extending him doesn't mean he's walking. But there's still a legit chance he's on a new team next year. I don't know if anyone disagrees with you. But the opting in/out thing is actually really important to how the off-season will go. Even if you weren't talking about that difference, I a lot of folks are.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Oh, I definitely don't think he's GONE. SA not extending him doesn't mean he's walking. But there's still a legit chance he's on a new team next year. I don't know if anyone disagrees with you. But the opting in/out thing is actually really important to how the off-season will go. Even if you weren't talking about that difference, I a lot of folks are.
    The only real difference is how much $ he can get. I’m saying it’s not speculation; from someone I trust on this board I’ve heard it’s very likely.

The only reason opting in/out needs to be factored in is due to the threat of DDR leaving for nothing which is what WILL happen if they don’t find a S&T or Extend&Trade

So I’m saying he’s gone but I do think a trade is likely here. He wants to play for a good team.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Hasn't it been pretty much confirmed the spurs have Sign and trade offers lined up already, but are waiting on Derozan to milk out the clock, waiting for better offers, waiting for the draft.

Neither side has a hurry to the trade, but there have to be deals in principle already

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Hasn't it been pretty much confirmed the spurs have Sign and trade offers lined up already, but are waiting on Derozan to milk out the clock, waiting for better offers, waiting for the draft.

Neither side has a hurry to the trade, but there have to be deals in principle already
    Not that I’ve seen. They’re working on it but nothing agreed to at all. Still plenty of work to be done. Lma shopped too

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Sign and trade. Teams without cap space acquire him via trade and they will know before he opts out.
    Sure but depending on the team, that also means they'd be hard capped. Him opting in and working out a trade with the Spurs, means that a team could trade for him, off-set salary and avoid being hard capped.

I don't think it's a forgone conclusion that he opts out. Maybe a team like the Knicks has already backchanneled a deal with his agent, maybe they haven't.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Sure but depending on the team, that also means they'd be hard capped. Him opting in and working out a trade with the Spurs, means that a team could trade for him, off-set salary and avoid being hard capped.

I don't think it's a forgone conclusion that he opts out. Maybe a team like the Knicks has already backchanneled a deal with his agent, maybe they haven't.
    We will see. No matter what, the point remains from what a reputable poster told me he’s gone.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    We will see. No matter what, the point remains from what a reputable poster told me he’s gone.
    I mean there had been a steady drip of reports this year about him possibly leaving, so it's certainly possible. For the record I kinda hope he does. Though I'd rather the Spurs get future assets than losing him outright.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I mean there had been a steady drip of reports this year about him possibly leaving, so it's certainly possible. For the record I kinda hope he does. Though I'd rather the Spurs get future assets than losing him outright.
    There’s a difference in seeing some reports and hearing definitively that he’s gone one way or the other. As in extremely slim chance he opts in and remains a Spur.

Of course things can change but as of now I believe what said poster has told me.

Furthermore I do think within those confines that a trade is likely

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The only real difference is how much $ he can get.

The only reason opting in/out needs to be factored in is due to the threat of DDR leaving for nothing which is what WILL happen if they don’t find a S&T or Extend&Trade
    No. It's not even close to being the only difference. The entire way his contract works and the contingencies that come from it change.

I’m saying it’s not speculation; from someone I trust on this board I’ve heard it’s very likely.
    Nothing I can do with that. I will say it's weird that he's apparently so keen to leave but SA has been forcing him to stay. Like if he was GONE to the point that random Spurs poster (as in not people who are part of DMDR's circle but folks who'd presumably get info from FO guys) would know about it, it seems like SA would've traded him. Like why not? As far as we've heard, SA's shown no desire to even shop DeRozan. That's weird, because they've shown they're willing to accommodate players. If the concern was seriously losing him for nothing, last year was just as urgent as this year, unless he wasn't going to opt out.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Okay *shrug*

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So if DeRozan goes nowhere, are you going to call out your source?

Does your source know which draft prospects we are looking at?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Spurs FO has a history of being re ed, so it wouldn't surprise me if he walks for nothing

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So if DeRozan goes nowhere, are you going to call out your source?

Does your source know which draft prospects we are looking at?
    If DDR is gone are you going to sing our praises and send us money? Lol

Sometimes things don’t happen it doesn’t mean the information was bad. No I won’t be “outing” anyone but of course if he stays then when I say something everyone remembers that it was wrong.

But I don’t have any sources. Some posters here do and they share with me sometimes and it frames how I think/post. That’s all.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Sometimes things don’t happen it doesn’t mean the information was bad. No I won’t be “outing” anyone but of course if he stays then when I say something everyone remembers that it was wrong.

But I don’t have any sources. Some posters here do and they share with me sometimes and it frames how I think/post. That’s all.
    There was this guy on the Ravens forum that said back in like April that the Ravens were looking to cut Earl Thomas. The fans there waited a decent length of time but eventually turned on the guy and drove him away from the forum. This wasn't he wasn't even like a newbie or lurker. He was a regular poster who didn't want to have to deal with getting grief for his thread. Turns out the Ravens did end up releasing Earl a few months later, and afterwards a lot of stuff came out about him pissing the team off for more than a year. The folks there bumped the thread and apologized on there, but I don't know if that poster ever came back.

So yeah. Things happen or they don't. So long as the person isn't lying their ass off like TSpence did about the Gasol thing, it's fine. Mo broke the thing about Tim being a coach, and that was after people were on him about saying LMA was on the block (because nothing happened).

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

I wasn't patronizing you. I was just wondering what your course of action would be if the source ended up wrong.

Ask them to share with you who the Spurs are going to draft, dummy!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    There was this guy on the Ravens forum that said back in like April that the Ravens were looking to cut Earl Thomas. The fans there waited a decent length of time but eventually turned on the guy and drove him away from the forum. This wasn't he wasn't even like a newbie or lurker. He was a regular poster who didn't want to have to deal with getting grief for his thread. Turns out the Ravens did end up releasing Earl a few months later, and afterwards a lot of stuff came out about him pissing the team off for more than a year. The folks there bumped the thread and apologized on there, but I don't know if that poster ever came back.

So yeah. Things happen or they don't. So long as the person isn't lying their ass off like TSpence did about the Gasol thing, it's fine. Mo broke the thing about Tim being a coach, and that was after people were on him about saying LMA was on the block (because nothing happened).
    Yup and lma was 100% shopped and is again

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I wasn't patronizing you. I was just wondering what your course of action would be if the source ended up wrong.

Ask them to share with you who the Spurs are going to draft, dummy!
    Only thing I’ve heard is there is a real interest in Wiseman apparently but nothing much on the draft front

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Well one thing is certain; that we are seeing more and more smoke leak out on mainstream regarding SA. So it’s definitely not bs what the poster told me. It’s out there.

Doesn’t guarantee anything but it was not just made up.

Case in point:

Keith Smith @KeithSmithNBA

Teams that seem to be the most active in trade talks right now: Atlanta Boston Charlotte Chicago Golden State Minnesota New Orleans San Antonio Multiple teams have told me versions of "Spurs are up to something. It's rare for them, but they are talking to lots of people."
    10:27am · 11 Nov 2020 · TweetDeck
    Last edited by DPG21920; 11-11-2020 at 11:50 AM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I agree but what I will say is that if the poster as left the trade talk at just the veterans they're being disingenuous. The Spurs young players are coveted by other teams around the league don't be surprised if they don't stop at moving DDR but also one of the young guys for an additional pick.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Thread Information