Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
    Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Don't know. Do know that he's on a flawed team and (so far) hasn't taken the easy way out like a certain S bag, who needs contrived, pristine cir stances, including the most complete team in the league, to win.

Somehow, this earns him acclaim and players like Antetokounmpo ridicule.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Don't know. Do know that he's on a flawed team and (so far) hasn't taken the easy way out like a certain S bag, who needs contrived, pristine cir stances, including the most complete team in the league, to win.

It's unfortunately always been like that. When you win in this league nobody cares how you did it as long as you won. The only guy I can see where this wasn't true was Durant but for everybody else it's been that way.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Winning changes perception and takes focus off of one's flaws. If the Bucks win, "Giannis' near triple double leads Milwaukee to victory."

Most bigs aren't closers. Very few in the history of the NBA have had that ability, like Dirk and Timmy. Giannis needs an all-star level perimeter playmaker for 4th quarters in the playoffs, which is fine. Shaq did too

My Team
    Toronto Raptors
    Post Count
    I will never understand why they chose Bledsoe over Brogdon.
    I believe Bledsoe gave them a discount so they didn't have to pay tax.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Bucks guards are pathetic.

Timmy Duncan got beat in the 1st round when he had to endure Pop n Bonner.
    So i don't blame Freak.

My Team
    Toronto Raptors
    Post Count
    Bucks guards are pathetic.

Timmy Duncan got beat in the 1st round when he had to endure Pop n Bonner.
    So i don't blame Freak.
    MVP Timmay didn't lose in the 1st round, he was TOSB at that point.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    MVP Timmay didn't lose in the 1st round, he was TOSB at that point.
    lol b.s.

Came back and won back to back Chips in 2013 and 14.
    MVP of '13. Oh wait. Popped.

My Team
    Toronto Raptors
    Post Count

Kawhi can put up an efficient 30/10 on ANY team and against ANY team & Lowry/Van Vleet/Siakam/Poop need him instead of the other way around. Giannis has to play like an MVP before complaining about a "flawed" 60 win team. KG/TMac got theirs & lost b/c their support cast was a bunch of journeymen. MVP Giannis literally got sonned by Butler who's basically dollar store Kawhi.

My Team
    Toronto Raptors
    Post Count
    lol b.s.

Came back and won back to back Chips in 2013 and 14.
    MVP of '13. Oh wait. Popped.
    Yeah, that was STILL half of what he was during his PEAK. There are different levels of TOSB & it's in relative to their PRIME not Al Horford's.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Game 3 will be a legacy game for Giannis. He can't get swept by Miami it will be a very bad look for him.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Bud is the guy you want for regular season championships but he just can't get it done in the postseason. It's clear the mentally tougher team. It starts from the top down.

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    He's young enough to change his career path.

Harden is already over 30, and at this point his playoff choking has become a yearly ritual.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This year is a wash, no one gives a who wins.

My Team
    Boston Celtics
    Post Count
    I will never understand why they chose Bledsoe over Brogdon.
    I don't think they really made a conscious decision to. They traded for Bledsoe and gave him a huge extension, the when Brogdon hit free agencies they realized oh we can't afford him now. ing stupid either way, Brogdon is better on both ends of the court.

My Team
    Chicago Bulls
    Post Count
    I think it’s a little harsh to call Giannis a “Pippen who needs a Jordan”, but he’s also clearly not 100% an alpha. I remember someone said he’s more of a “Shaq who needs a Kobe/Wade” and that’s probably closer to being accurate.
    Comparing Giannis to Shaq is damn disrespectful. Giannis literally cannot do anything besides dunk On breakaways and can’t overpower anybody

My Team
    Chicago Bulls
    Post Count
    I mean goddamn this man has a damn good team around him and is still getting his pushed in

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    I think it’s a little harsh to call Giannis a “Pippen who needs a Jordan”, but he’s also clearly not 100% an alpha. I remember someone said he’s more of a “Shaq who needs a Kobe/Wade” and that’s probably closer to being accurate.
    Shaq at his peak (during 3-peat) was one of the most dominant players in the history of the game. Three straight finals MVP's means he was an alpha. So don't see the comparison.

Giannis is 25, so the jury is still out on him, though.

My Team
    Detroit Pistons
    Post Count
    I’ve made the comparison to Shaq before. And I didn’t mean for it to be an apples to apples comparison. Obviously two different players. But I think they have similarities. Both dominant scorers inside. And while he doesn’t punish guys exactly like Shaq did, he does use his own type of bully ball, while also using both his athleticism and length to do it.

Both put up MVP type production, based primarily by being freak physical specimens and most damage scoring inside. But both guys lack a skill level and a shooting acuity particularly at the free throw line you’d prefer from a closer. In crunchtime, defense tightens, doubles, sometimes triple teams come, they start to hack you to prevent easy buckets inside. That’s why in the crunchtime minutes of a close game, you prefer the ball in a more skilled player’s hands, after riding their backs for the first 40+ minutes.

He’s not the same player as Shaq. But there are similar issues as to why he probably needs a 1b to his 1a or a 1a to his 1b, however you’d label it.

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    I’ve made the comparison to Shaq before. And I didn’t mean for it to be an apples to apples comparison. Obviously two different players. But I think they have similarities. Both dominant scorers inside. And while he doesn’t punish guys exactly like Shaq did, he does use his own type of bully ball, while also using both his athleticism and length to do it.

Both put up MVP type production, based primarily by being freak physical specimens and most damage scoring inside. But both guys lack a skill level and a shooting acuity particularly at the free throw line you’d prefer from a closer. In crunchtime, defense tightens, doubles, sometimes triple teams come, they start to hack you to prevent easy buckets inside. That’s why in the crunchtime minutes of a close game, you prefer the ball in a more skilled player’s hands, after riding their backs for the first 40+ minutes.

He’s not the same player as Shaq. But there are similar issues as to why he probably needs a 1b to his 1a or a 1a to his 1b, however you’d label it.
    On that aspect of his game, I see it.

Dirk received similar criticisms and eventually won with no other current all stars. So maybe the judging of Giannis is premature at 25. (not saying you are doing it)

My Team
    Chicago Bulls
    Post Count
    Shaq was still dominant on his own and had a post game. What does Giannis have again?

My Team
    Chicago Bulls
    Post Count
    I mean

My Team
    Chicago Bulls
    Post Count
    So before you say he needs a dominant guard, though Middleton is a forward and pretty damn good, Giannis needs to develop more than one move

My Team
    Chicago Bulls
    Post Count
    2 MVP’s over your choking superstar, no wonder you’re so salty
    And down 2-0 to Jimmy Butler. You can’t be damn near 7 feet and be ing soft

My Team
    Chicago Bulls
    Post Count
    Middleton is a shooter, he has no handle and can’t create. equating Middleton to Kobe/Wade, how desperate do you have to be.
    Can’t see where I equated him to either one. I equated him to helping Giannis to 56 wins

My Team
    Chicago Bulls
    Post Count
    Wait a minute. This mother er only has a shooting percentage of 16% When he shoots outside of 3 feet from the rim

Thread Information