Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If you can drive in NY, you can drive anywhere in the world, tbh...
    Except on 35 South at 5pm

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Except on 35 South at 5pm
    Are you talking the Interstate or 35th Street?

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What I mean is that you have options. Not just buses, but also the Metrolink, for example, which is an alternative if it goes where you need to go. Same with the subway system in NYC.

Traffic has always been terrible, tbh, listed it under annoyances. That said, if you don't have to drive far and can avoid the 405, you can get around.
    Forgot the train goes out to the westside now. Back when I lived out there the purple line ended at Vermont because Santa Monica didn't want all the diversity. Would have loved that trainline when I worked in downtown LA. Still took the bus because anything beats taking the 405 to the 10 in rush hour.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Forgot the train goes out to the westside now. Back when I lived out there the purple line ended at Vermont because Santa Monica didn't want all the diversity. Would have loved that trainline when I worked in downtown LA. Still took the bus because anything beats taking the 405 to the 10 in rush hour.
    Yeah, it goes all the way down to downtown Santa Monica now. Frankly, if I had to drive downtown in rush hour, I would rather take Venice, Pico or Olympic... no way I'm getting into the freeway...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    My commute back in the day was San Pedro to Torrance.

Western, to PCH, to Hawthorne, to Sepulveda. Freeway sucked even 30 years ago.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    which red cities are utopias?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    LA public transport is ok depending on where you are. In the San fernando valley, for instance, it’s next to useless other than the one orange line bus which has a very narrow path. Near the downtown area the metro is solid

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    My commute back in the day was San Pedro to Torrance.

Western, to PCH, to Hawthorne, to Sepulveda. Freeway sucked even 30 years ago.
    Getting in or out of Torrence is awful whether coming from the south like you or coming from downtown up north.

i was back in LA for a week a few months ago for work and had to make that drive one day to get to the Torrance courthouse. Was truly awful

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Super conservative cities are ghost town holes in the middle of nowhere where the main attraction is doing meth, dairy queen and Walmart

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    Super conservative cities are ghost town holes in the middle of nowhere where the main attraction is doing meth, dairy queen and Walmart
    Or they're the suburbs of a blue major city that all of the conservative suburbanites visit on weekends when they want any culture whatsoever, or to eat somewhere that's not a Red Lobster.

Alleged Wisconsinite
    My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count

Alleged Wisconsinite
    My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    Or they're the suburbs of a blue major city that all of the conservative suburbanites visit on weekends when they want any culture whatsoever, or to eat somewhere that's not a Red Lobster.
    Or Red Robin.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Are you talking the Interstate or 35th Street?
    Probably either but definitely IH35

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Bend over, I'll show you where the in' purple line ends.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yeah that Beijing air is awesome
    Pretty much as "good" as LA except you dont run into a homeless ting or get a bullet in the back of the neck in Beijing

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Pretty much as "good" as LA except you dont run into a homeless ting or get a bullet in the back of the neck in Beijing
    Even in the 70s LA's air wasn't anywhere close to as disgusting as Beijing's air is.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Probably either but definitely IH35
    I'll take your word for it, tbh... I've taken 35 south off to 281, but on weekends.

Worst for me is stuck in the George Washington bridge for two hours...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'll take your word for it, tbh... I've taken 35 south off to 281, but on weekends.

Worst for me is stuck in the George Washington bridge for two hours...
    I never take 35 to Austin. 281 is longer but faster. At least it is where I'm headed.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Getting in or out of Torrence is awful whether coming from the south like you or coming from downtown up north.

i was back in LA for a week a few months ago for work and had to make that drive one day to get to the Torrance courthouse. Was truly awful
    I guess 30 years makes a difference. It wasn't too bad back in the day.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Even in the 70s LA's air wasn't anywhere close to as disgusting as Beijing's air is.
    Been 2 both didnt notice the diff tbqh

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    LA's air get a bad rap from the 80's and 90's mega-pollution, but it's not that terrible now, compared to other major cities.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I never take 35 to Austin. 281 is longer but faster. At least it is where I'm headed.
    Oh, I'm headed the other way. Going from San Antonio to the RGV. Only do it once a year, if that, but always on weekends.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Oh, I'm headed the other way. Going from San Antonio to the RGV. Only do it once a year, if that, but always on weekends.
    Fast driving in that direction

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Been 2 both didnt notice the diff tbqh
    You must have went to Beijing for the 2008 Olympics because that's the only time they have ever had air as good as LA's this century.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    For sure, my nieces have so many friends who ODed when they were living in the suburbs in Texas. Young kids bored out their mind, their lives have improved dramatically when they moved out, except financially of course. You could not pay me enough to live in those holes.

Thread Information