Page 33 of 33 FirstFirst ... 232930313233
    My Team
    Detroit Pistons
    Post Count
    The funniest argument Mav fans are making…”Wood didn’t sign up to play for a losing team” as if that hasn’t been all his ass has ever known, losing teams
    You dumped Harden for peanuts immediately after signing Wood

My Team
    Detroit Pistons
    Post Count
    Not for nothing, but he did play for a 60 win Milwaukee Bucks team. He could just never earn anything more than garbage minutes and he was waived rather quickly and unceremoniously.

He has talent. Most of it surface and superficial talent. Can he produce at a level as a meaningful rotation player to help a team win? That’s still a very much unanswered question with him. I’m sure he can be a 15-20 minute off the bench guy on a good team. But can he be a starter playing 30+ minutes a game who is more than just the fourth or fifth option when he’s on the court? Can he actually not get bullied defensively at or around the rim? His time in Houston didn’t really answer those types of questions about his talent as it relates to winning.
    He’s not a perfect fit but there never was a perfect fit. Myles Turner would have been great, but there’s no incentive for Indiana to trade him, and a s&t with Brunson is almost impossible to pull off due to cap rules. Not to mention he’s injured more than Porzingis.

With Wood you at least get KP-ish offensive skills, a guy who is decent on switches, and a better rebounder than Powell. This is easily a huge upgrade over Powell, and the best deal you could have gotten with the limited assets available.

If someone had a realistic trade that’s better than this, I’m all ears. Most trade offers are re ed stuff like “jUsT gO GeT dEaNdRe aYtOn oR zAcH LaViNe” with no clue that the salary cap rules make those trades basically impossible for Dallas.
    Last edited by Dick Jones; 06-16-2022 at 11:38 AM.

My Team
    Detroit Pistons
    Post Count
    The deal is fine for Dallas. Not suggesting it’s a bad deal. I don’t think it’s a great deal or that Wood is some big time acquisition. And it’s not a bad deal for Houston either. I really don’t see Wood on an expiring deal having much more value than they got. It’s a solid gamble for Dallas because they didn’t give much to get him.

I actually don’t know what to expect from Wood on Dallas and with him playing alongside Luka. We don’t know if he’s improved as a player from a winning approach perspective, his mental game, his team game. I don’t think any of us know. Because since he’s gotten his opportunities in the NBA, it’s really just him putting up good individual numbers on bad teams. We’ll find out. Only time will tell, and time makes fools of us all.

And Dallas can still go after a real center. Wood is really a power forward anyway. Slender 6’10 guy who doesn’t like to get physical down low. Even in the current league, he’s more of a PF than a center. He may still get center minutes, but his addition should not preclude adding another guy who plays center, or continuing to give Powell minutes.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Thread Information