Page 17 of 17 FirstFirst ... 71314151617
    my unders, my frgn whites pgardn's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Masking, filtration and air quality monitoring should be the norm not just for schools, but for any indoor work environment. If we ever get transmission under control, masking could be phased out, but air filtration and monitoring should remain.

Indoor air quality should be to the 21st century what water sanitation was to to the 20th.
    Supposedly the droplets are still a six foot thing.
    In crowed environments, like an airplane and many schools, Im still with the mask.
    The airplanes are supposed to have good ventilation but its just too close imo.

I need to be working after a vacation. Working non productively with a cold is not preferable. Or worse.
    And if family setbacks from illness can be avoided to get on with important activities, we are all in.
    The mask taught me quite a bit. ZERO colds for almost three years.

That being said Im all for proper air filtration as well. No Philadelphia pneumonia again.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Supposedly the droplets are still a six foot thing.
    In crowed environments, like an airplane and many schools, Im still with the mask.
    The airplanes are supposed to have good ventilation but its just too close imo.
    COVID is airborne, the dull emphasis on droplets undercuts that basic fact and reveals the somewhat supers ious at ude of credentialed experts toward aerosol transmission.

https://www.nature.com/articles/d41586-022-00925-7
    https://www.nytimes.com/2021/05/07/o...nsmission.html

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The tweeter overstates the correlation, but it's consistent with what's been found with adults.

The study:
    https://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S0887899422002107

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    COVID was a top 10 cause of death among children in the US from 2019-2022.

Among children and young people aged 0 to 19 years in the US, COVID-19 ranked eighth among all causes of deaths, fifth in disease-related causes of deaths (excluding unintentional injuries, assault, and suicide), and first in deaths caused by infectious or respiratory diseases. COVID-19 deaths cons uted 2% of all causes of death in this age group.
    https://jamanetwork.com/journals/jam...rticle/2800816

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    In that winter of 2021, the usual seasonal increase inmedical causes of childhood mortality was effectively eliminated.
    https://www.medrxiv.org/content/10.1...763v1.full.pdf

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Kids aren't invulnerable. Letting them get infected with COVID over and over again may not turn out well.

notthewordsofonewhokneels Thread's Avatar
    My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Kids aren't invulnerable. Letting them get infected with COVID over and over again (((((((((may))))))))) not turn out well.

(((((((((may)))))))))

To an American, wherever they may dwell is processed as (don't worry about itPERIOD)

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    When you ditch mitigation *during* a pandemic, stuff like this will keep happening.

Reports of COVID-19 in emergency room visits from adolescents have nearly doubled over the past week, new Centers for Disease Control and Prevention data shows, reaching levels not seen in a year.

Measured as a share of all emergency room visits in children ages 12 to 15 years old, the figures published late Thursday by the CDC show weekly COVID-19 averages have accelerated to 2.43% through August 21.

Rates of COVID-19 ER visits in these adolescents have increased from 1.33% the week before, and are now higher than levels seen among most other age groups except for the youngest and the oldest Americans.

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/cdc-rep...chools-resume/

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    ^

LOL Still scared and always in fear since Mar 2020.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Finger in the wind, eyes open. You'd be dumb to ignore it.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Finger in the wind, eyes open. You'd be dumb to ignore it.
    IDC just like I haven't cared since the beginning. You said the same back then and I still didn't care and won't care ever. Go get boosted up and maybe just maybe we'll finally get that population control you crybabies have been whining over for so long.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Hospitals and schools are worried about it right now, are they wrong to?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Fort Stewart recently reins uted masking and social distancing, are they fearful pussies, or just trying to protect their efficiency and readiness during a live pandemic?
    Last edited by Winehole23; 08-27-2023 at 01:14 AM.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Fort Stewart recently reins uted masking and social distancing, are they fearful pussies, or just trying to protect their effectiveness and force?
    They've come to the bitter realization that when Biden vowed to "Shut it down." he didn't know his ass from a hole in-the-ground.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It's not a given that viruses get less dangerous over time.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Fort Stewart recently reins uted masking and social distancing, are they fearful pussies, or just trying to protect their efficiency and readiness during a live pandemic?
    this was a bum tip, never found corroboration of this.

my bad.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    "Let er rip"

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    "Exposure early and often to neurotropic and vascular diseases makes children stronger"

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I bet they did not carry on in their reports like this. Outbreaks are what they are. You just like to pretend that is the reality everywhere for some reason.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    I bet they did not carry on in their reports like this. Outbreaks are what they are. You just like to pretend that is the reality everywhere for some reason.
    ...because Joe "I'll shut it down." Biden lied.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The rate of infection right now is likely higher than it has been for 90% of the pandemic. JN.1 is becoming the dominant strain globally -- a new evolutionary turn for SARS2. Pretending COVID is nbd is willful blindness. It was the 3rd leading cause of death in the US last year, behind cancer and heart disease.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    rampant global transmission, as we speak

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    not to worry, 'tis mild

Up to 5.8 million young people have long COVID, according to a recent study — and parents like Amanda Goodhart are looking for answers.
    Doctors say most children with long COVID recover over several months, but about a third experience symptoms even one year later.

Goodhart says it's been frustrating, adding they've tried multiple treatments with only moderate improvement."It's terrible, there's nothing worse than seeing your child go through something you can't fix," she says.

The research also shows long COVID can raise the chances of a child developing type 1 diabetes. And it can even be deadly, leading to multisystem inflammatory syndrome in children. The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention describes the syndrome as a "rare but serious condition associated with COVID-19 in which different body parts become inflamed, including the heart, lungs, kidneys, brain, skin, eyes, or gastrointestinal organs."
    https://www.cbsnews.com/news/million...g-for-answers/

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    ...because Joe "I'll shut it down." Biden lied.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Exposure early and often to neurotropic and vascular diseases makes children stronger
    The pooled proportion of pediatric COVID-19 patients with neurological symptoms and exhibiting abnormal neuroimaging findings was 43.74%. These findings were further categorized into neurovascular findings (8.22%), ADEM-like lesions (7.69%), encephalitic pattern (13.95%), myelitis (4.60%), transient splenial lesions (16.26%), and other abnormalities (12.03%). Insignificant between-study heterogeneity was observed in all categories, and our analysis did not reveal significant publication bias. In conclusion, a substantial proportion of pediatric COVID-19 patients with neurological symptoms have abnormal neuroimaging findings, underscoring the need for vigilant monitoring of neurological complications in this vulnerable population. Standardized reporting and long-term follow-up studies are essential to fully understand the implications of these findings. Collaborative research efforts will deepen our understanding of COVID-19's neurological dimensions in children and enhance clinical care for this population.
    https://www.nature.com/articles/s41598-024-55597-2

Thread Information