Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    My Team
    Milwaukee Bucks
    Post Count
    Yeah running to other franchises and stacking the deck is his way

I suppose Durant will be the next one with 4 Finals MVP's thanks to bolting and stacking.
    well not everyone can be gifted with a kareem/worthy, mchale/parish, pippen, or shaq early in their careers

no no no, real players should be expected to win multiple championships with drew gooden larry hughes and big z as part of your dynamic quartet facing off against mediocre 4s such as kg/pierce/allen/rondo, or kobe/pau/bynum/odom

adolis is altuve’s father monosylab1k's Avatar
    My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    I mean that's alpha ego stuff and not related to his BBall IQ, imo. And if a person wanted to make that argument, he ran Shaq off and won w/o him. And he did so without running away like Lebron and Durant did, so...
    Kobe demanded to be traded multiple times. In today’s NBA he’d have played for 3-4 teams.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I mean that's alpha ego stuff and not related to his BBall IQ, imo. And if a person wanted to make that argument, he ran Shaq off and won w/o him. And he did so without running away like Lebron and Durant did, so...
    But you claimed he has equal bball iq as Lebron. How?

Jerry west traded for mvpau. Kobe didn’t.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Kobe demanded to be traded multiple times. In today’s NBA he’d have played for 3-4 teams.
    Kobe forced the trade to stack his deck BEFORE he got drafted.

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    But you claimed he has equal bball iq as Lebron. How?

Jerry west traded for mvpau. Kobe didn’t.
    Comparable, imo. I mean his decision making and shot selection was usually better in 4th quarters. Good at exploiting mismatches. Picked up on the triangle fairly easily.

Not denying Lebron has a high bball IQ.i just think if there is a gap between the two in that department it's not nearly as wide as advertised. People like Mark Jackson making his comments would lead you to believe that Kobe wasn't that bright when in actuality his 'problem' is what made him great to begin with. Too much alpha.
    Last edited by Dirks_Finale; 09-30-2021 at 09:37 PM.

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    True.

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    Kobe forced the trade to stack his deck BEFORE he got drafted.
    Kobe/ Pau and drug addict Odom is not exactly Lebron, finals MVP Wade and Bosh.

My Team
    Milwaukee Bucks
    Post Count
    lol forgetting that a healthy andrew bynum at that time was arguably the best all around center in the NBA, and acting like wade was remotely the same as himself in 06 pre-injuries

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    There’s 3 at the top.

Jordan is the greatest.

Kobe is the most skilled.

LeBron is the most talented.
    I can agree with that and Kobe being third overall is no slight. ALSO Kobe bad shot selection was ego not IQ driven which is actually worse. Bron willingness to trust scrubs and to take less bad shots than Kobe and even MJ should be admired. Mj still the GOAT though

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    what good is knowledge if it isnt put to use?

yes, kobe had an incredible knowledge of the game of basketball, but he often misused it or didnt use it at all by frequently making poor decisions offensively and defensively

so if basketball iq is based on how knowledge is used when actually playing the game of basketball, then yes lebron clearly had a higher iq than kobe ever did, even if their pure knowledge was perhaps at comparable levels

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Jordan would be DeRozan if he played today tbh

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Back when I used to argue Kobe over Bron 2005-2011 he had no les and the career numbers hadn't shifted his way. Even after Heatles Kobe had a case ...now Bron with the last two les is in the MJ Kareem tier Kobe in the Shaq Duncan magic tier ...
    Last edited by Killakobe81; 09-30-2021 at 10:13 PM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Comparable, imo. I mean his decision making and shot selection was usually better in 4th quarters. Good at exploiting mismatches. Picked up on the triangle fairly easily.

Not denying Lebron has a high bball IQ.i just think if there is a gap between the two in that department it's not nearly as wide as advertised. People like Mark Jackson making his comments would lead you to believe that Kobe wasn't that bright when in actuality his 'problem' is what made him great to begin with. Too much alpha.
    Just have to disagree with you on this. Kobe has some of the worst clutch percentage of supposedly clutch players where Lebron routinely makes good decisions.

If I read correctly, you prefer to have the superstar take the shot over making the right play because that’s the alpha thing to do. That’s a pretty low iq move.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    There’s by Bynum as well. Funny how mvpau led that team in advanced stats.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Back when I used to argue Kobe over Bron 2005-2011 he had no les and the career numbers hadn't shifted his way. Even after Heatles Kobe had a case ...now Bron with the last two les is in the MJ Kareem tier Kobe in the Shaq Duncan magic tier ...
    I can’t ever figure this part out. Shaq and Kobe are the same tier as Duncan, and all duncan had was an over the hill admiral and then later two raw talents in manu and parker. And yet they were 3-2 in the playoffs. Not to mention KFC supposedly owns Pop. How does that work?

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    Just have to disagree with you on this. Kobe has some of the worst clutch percentage of supposedly clutch players where Lebron routinely makes good decisions.

If I read correctly, you prefer to have the superstar take the shot over making the right play because that’s the alpha thing to do. That’s a pretty low iq move.
    No, only in certain situations. I do think the alpha guys should be assertive, though.

If it's the last shot of a deciding playoff game and I know my open role player is open for a reason(because he sucks badly), and/or he has not hit all game long and is not in rhythm, then make something happen.

Kobe shooting over 3 guys who are smashing him in the nuts for the last second shot is never a good shot. But the killer mentality is good, you just have to find the balance. I felt like Lebron struggled to find that balance because he doubted himself. Personal opinion, obviously.
    Last edited by Dirks_Finale; 10-01-2021 at 09:40 AM.

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    There’s by Bynum as well. Funny how mvpau led that team in advanced stats.
    But what was Pau in Memphis? Viewed as a soft big who got pushed around and was a liability on defense. Something happened in LA and he appeared to grow some avocados. I'm not even sure who to credit for that as I have always thought Kobe was a poor leader. But you almost have to.

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    I can’t ever figure this part out. Shaq and Kobe are the same tier as Duncan, and all duncan had was an over the hill admiral and then later two raw talents in manu and parker. And yet they were 3-2 in the playoffs. Not to mention KFC supposedly owns Pop. How does that work?
    Duncan goes to Orlando a few decades ago and we are mentioning him in the GOAT conversation on the regular, imo. I think playing in the spur's system cost him personal accolades.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    No, only in certain situations. I do think the alpha guys should be assertive, though.

If it's the last shot of a deciding playoff game and I know my open role player is open for a reason(because he sucks badly), and/or he has not hit all game long and is not in rhythm, then make something happen.

Kobe shooting over 3 guys who are smashing him in the nuts for the last second shot is never a good shot. But the killer mentality is good, you just have to find the balance. I felt like Lebron struggled to find that balance because he doubted himself. Personal opinion, obviously.
    But that’s not bball iq. Having a giant ego and choose a bad play to stroke your own ego is by definition bad bball iq. I can’t understand your point at all.

Does Kobe have big balls? Sure he does. Just at the detriment of his teams more often than not. He had some of the best marketing skills ever though. Can’t deny that.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    But what was Pau in Memphis? Viewed as a soft big who got pushed around and was a liability on defense. Something happened in LA and he appeared to grow some avocados. I'm not even sure who to credit for that as I have always thought Kobe was a poor leader. But you almost have to.
    What was Kobe without shaq or mvpau? What was Lebron before his rings? What was magic when he coach killed? What was hakeem before he rang? What was shaq in Orlando?

Mvpau didn’t grow some avocados all of a sudden and it’s hilarious that almost every single argument for Kobe being an all time great are intangible things that are purely myths such as grit, big balls, pushing his teammates forward, clutch when every single one was proven to be false.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Duncan goes to Orlando a few decades ago and we are mentioning him in the GOAT conversation on the regular, imo. I think playing in the spur's system cost him personal accolades.
    Duncan would be in the hakeem tier, at best, if he only have one ring. He’s likely be in the dirk area.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Something happened in LA and he appeared to grow some avocados. I'm not even sure who to credit for that
    Uh vastly better players on his team including MVP LakerRef.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Duncan would be in the hakeem tier, at best, if he only have one ring. He’s likely be in the dirk area.
    and i wonder where CIA Pop would be.

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    But that’s not bball iq. Having a giant ego and choose a bad play to stroke your own ego is by definition bad bball iq. I can’t understand your point at all.

Does Kobe have big balls? Sure he does. Just at the detriment of his teams more often than not. He had some of the best marketing skills ever though. Can’t deny that.
    Yeah not sure how wise it was for KG to constantly defer to role players and lose in RD1 every year - but agree to disagree.

My Team
    Milwaukee Bucks
    Post Count
    Yeah not sure how wise it was for KG to constantly defer to role players and lose in RD1 every year - but agree to disagree.
    the difference is no one has compared kg to kobe

they are on two completely different tiers of talent, accomplishments and greatness

Thread Information