Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    And yet the lunatics didn't stop with Lee. Which is the entire point of his tweet.

Yes, it is in arguably a moral judgment.
    There’s no moral ambiguity at all in Jefferson being a slave owner, unless your argument is that owning slaves is morally positive.

It’s a negative and given that slaves were predominantly black, the racial connotation couldn’t be more clear.

It’s ok though, we don’t live in the 1800s anymore. Acknowledging the ugly truth of those days is the right thing to do, tbh

Done with the NBA
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Virtually every leftist defending this would have been against this 5-10 years ago. I could probably find another thread about statues where they denied this was going happen. they probably didn't support it yesterday but now they have to defend their extremism.

Done with the NBA
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    There’s no moral ambiguity at all in Jefferson being a slave owner, unless your argument is that owning slaves is morally positive.

It’s a negative and given that slaves were predominantly black, the racial connotation couldn’t be more clear.

It’s ok though, we don’t live in the 1800s anymore. Acknowledging the ugly truth of those days is the right thing to do, tbh
    I'm not sure how you are so confused about what the moral judgment pertains to but all that isn't close to what I was saying. Dumper seemed to understand.

Acknowledged. And the statue should remain. I'm not sure how these morally repugnant people think they are in any position to judge the architects of the country.

Watching the collapse benefactor's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Alleged Michigander ChumpDumper's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm not sure how you are so confused about what the moral judgment pertains to but all that isn't close to what I was saying. Dumper seemed to understand.

Acknowledged. And the statue should remain. I'm not sure how these morally repugnant people think they are in any position to judge the architects of the country.
    How are they morally repugnant if they base their decision on a moral choice against slavery?

Do you think slavery is bad, Nathan?

You really need to say yes or no.

My Team
    Chicago Bulls
    Post Count
    How are they morally repugnant if they base their decision on a moral choice against slavery?

Do you think slavery is bad, Nathan?

You really need to say yes or no.
    These are the same people that celebrate "blacks built the white house"

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    These are the same people that celebrate "blacks built the white house"
    Do you think US slavery was a good thing?

Yes or no.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Never give an inch to the left. They are your enemy.

My Team
    Boston Celtics
    Post Count
    actual pronunciation is actually gay-than

My Team
    Boston Celtics
    Post Count
    quoting Jesse Kelly, one of the worst congressional candidates ever

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

We put up statues to celebrate and remember important people. Again, there's no moral ambiguity when celebrating slave owners, and the racial connotations are quite clear as well.

In the case of Jefferson you can make an argument that he had other redeeming qualities, and that he lived at a time when slave ownership was legal and fairly common (which objectively doesn't excuse the practice, but does provide some context).

You can also acknowledge that while slavery wasn't coded into the cons ution, the notion of freedom they coded in there effectively didn't apply to slaves.

What they do decide to do with the statue is up to the town. I can see valid arguments for taking it down and also for keeping it.

None of those apply to General Lee, however. A traitor to this nation that fought to keep slavery the law of the land, and ended up a gigantic loser, which is how he should be remembered.

adolis is altuve’s father monosylab1k's Avatar
    My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    What they do decide to do with the statue is up to the town. I can see valid arguments for taking it down and also for keeping it.
    Big Government Republicans like Nathan want the public to celebrate their heroes by coercion.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Big Government Republicans like Nathan want the public to celebrate their heroes by coercion.
    Well, you should take note how he tried to frame this. He tried to crowbar in this as a moral dilemma, and then force his moral compass not by the merits, but because 'traditionalism is under attack'.

When it comes to dictating morality, Republicans have always been, far and away, the party of big government. It goes to almost every single wedge issue out there, from abortion to marriage to equality, etc.

It needs to be forced upon the citizenship, by whatever means.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If you don't worship them uncritically, you hate America!

my unders, my frgn whites pgardn's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Statues have been removed, defaced, put back up, taken down again, destroyed in war throughout history for practically any area on Earth that was advanced enough to actually build or even draw the damn things in the first place. But because we are so new and "prosperous", not us.
    Nathan.

Request a pyramid in the shape of Jefferson (yeah I dont know how) and it will be very difficult to get rid of the "pharaoh"

My Team
    Chicago Bulls
    Post Count
    > The City Council’s Black, Latino and Asian Caucus said the statue “symbolizes the disgusting and racist basis on which America was founded.”

Teenaged emotional tantrum tbh. The statue is just a piece of metal. Empowering these children is the concerning part.

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    > The City Council’s Black, Latino and Asian Caucus said the statue “symbolizes the disgusting and racist basis on which America was founded.”

Teenaged emotional tantrum tbh. The statue is just a piece of metal. Empowering these children is the concerning part.
    Caucuses, typically, are by nature empowered.

You're right, it's just a piece of metal. Stop being so butthurt about it. It's a local decorative decision.

My Team
    Chicago Bulls
    Post Count
    Caucuses, typically, are by nature empowered.

You're right, it's just a piece of metal. Stop being so butthurt about it. It's a local decorative decision.
    Privileged caucus spending time & resources on decorations while the people they represent suffer. If these people had lighter skin you'd label them suckers.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The statue is just a piece of metal.
    Why are you throwing a tantrum over its removal?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Privileged caucus spending time & resources on decorations while the people they represent suffer. If these people had lighter skin you'd label them suckers.
    Do you believe blacks are your equals?

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    I'm guessing they can mul ask.

If these people had lighter skin there wouldn't be a thread about it in the ST Political Forum and neither of us would probably know anything about it.

my unders, my frgn whites pgardn's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You think people take you seriously given your past statements about people with from different cultures and different body characteristics?

Dont try to hide behind this suffering bull . You are totally misrepresenting your real sentiments. ie lying.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Notice how the leftist morons that will scream "slippery slope fallacy" in the past will just move the goal posts and comment with some other bull when what they said wouldn't possibly happen actually happens a couple years later.
    Thanks for quoting Dumpster.

I can't wait for CivilWar2.0 tbh... Those like Dumpster better start getting prepared because it's "males" like him that need to be taken out of this world completely.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    benefactor

1 :closet
    2 :stalks men on facebook and spurstalk

Thread Information