Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
    Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I love you guys! Lol. Can’t get enough Crow can you? The most successful current NBA orgs all stem from the pop tree but yet and still it’s a debate regarding Patfo competency! LMFAO
    Yup— just look at the top 3 teams in the each conference. All minus CHI have a straight head coach or GM line to Pop’s coaching tree.

That’s not adding emerging clubs like Charlotte or even OKC whose on a 5 year plan.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yup— just look at the top 3 teams in the each conference. All minus CHI have a straight head coach or GM line to Pop’s coaching tree.

That’s not adding emerging clubs like Charlotte or even OKC whose on a 5 year plan.
    Probably should have better communicated to any of those that they were being groomed for the next era of Spurs management before letting them walk. Becky probably hasn’t solidified the coaching role post Pop because she disagrees with him 60% of the time, a cardinal sin;

“Becky I only hired you because you are a woman who likes women and we need diversity in this league plus I’m a woke but your le is just a figurehead, Bryn Forbes, Matt Bonner even Drew Eubanks are actually all ahead of you in terms of succession.”

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Probably should have better communicated to any of those that they were being groomed for the next era of Spurs management before letting them walk. Becky probably hasn’t solidified the coaching role post Pop because she disagrees with him 60% of the time, a cardinal sin;

“Becky I only hired you because you are a woman who likes women and we need diversity in this league plus I’m a woke but your le is just a figurehead, Bryn Forbes, Matt Bonner even Drew Eubanks are actually all ahead of you in terms of succession.”

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

If you think they don’t have a plan cool but I doubt it.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If you think they don’t have a plan cool but I doubt it.
    This is a tight lipped organization, I get it. Given what is now 4-5 years of mishaps and questionable decision making I suspect there is more friction going on behind closed doors. This isn’t just Kawhi’s fault. Maybe Brian Wright is quite capable just doesn’t really have the green light to make his own decisions. Maybe he has full discretion and actually is a
    terrible GM. We will never know.

We do know half of the NBA would never consider playing for the Spurs unless they are paid 25% more and it’s not just the city; San Antonio is an okay place to be. Brian Wright might be the Eubanks/Forbes/Bonner of general management; punching out of his weight class because he works hard and checks many other boxes.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This is a tight lipped organization, I get it. Given what is now 4-5 years of mishaps and questionable decision making I suspect there is more friction going on behind closed doors. This isn’t just Kawhi’s fault. Maybe Brian Wright is quite capable just doesn’t really have the green light to make his own decisions. Maybe he has full discretion and actually is a
    terrible GM. We will never know.

We do know half of the NBA would never consider playing for the Spurs unless they are paid 25% more and it’s not just the city; San Antonio is an okay place to be. Brian Wright might be the Eubanks/Forbes/Bonner of general management; punching out of his weight class because he works hard and checks many other boxes.

Sir, do you honestly think Pop and Rc don’t have input into these moves & direction of the organization? Wise up......

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Sir, do you honestly think Pop and Rc don’t have input into these moves & direction of the organization? Wise up......
    Part of the argument is maybe they have too much.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    From an historical standpoint some of you don’t really get how great we’ve been�� the sausage will be made correctly

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    From an historical standpoint some of you don’t really get how great we’ve been�� the sausage will be made correctly
    What is wrong with having a view? If Pop told you to drink bleech would you do it blindly? I mean he is a pretty smart, successful and acclaimed individual; historically anyways.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What is wrong with having a view? If Pop told you to drink bleech would you do it blindly? I mean he is a pretty smart, successful and acclaimed individual; historically anyways.
    Kev…..me drink bleach because I’m easily misled? Come on bruh���� Don’t be a clown.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Kev…..me drink bleach because I’m easily misled? Come on bruh���� Don’t be a clown.
    There are certain ppl in life I will never once question. Coach Pop is not one of them. He has made many mistakes and
    often out-coached himself. He has also done some genius/incredible things and earned the ability to go out on his own terms as his wins were far greater… with that preface, I can not out of blind faith, especially given the last 5 years of sus decision making not question PATFO if atleast for the sake for constructive criticism.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Let’s start keeping score ladies and gents!
    Ok……. I see you Brian

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    wright doing his best presti impersonation today

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Dang, I don’t even get this loco in 2k

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    https://www.tankathon.com/power_rankings

I haven't loved either trade today, but at least the Spurs have a strong presence in the draft right now.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Props to him, he's been ruthless and looking at the roster he's a long way from being done. It projects to be a busy draft night and summer.

Tearing a roster down for future assets is way easier than building an actual winning team, though.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Ok……. I see you Brian
    Counting chicks when all you got is eggs

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    i won't rush to judgement on today's trades. calling them bad or good before seeing what becomes of these picks is premature, imo.

Remember Cherokee Parks The Truth #6's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It sure feels like Wright is working with more autonomy now. Can’t see RC doing all these moves.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Counting chicks when all you got is eggs
    Sit back and relax kind sir………

Still Sporting Ben Davis Allan Rowe vs Wade's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    who knows how this turns out but brian does seem to be making the wright moves so far

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'd give it an A- just because he didn't get to move Poeltl.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I’m sad about Derrick, but I think it was a very solid trade deadline.

Now let’s hope TOR drops to a play-in team, and BOS gets overtaken by Nets, Charlottes, Atlanta and everyone else in the standings!

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Today was a good day!

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    i won't rush to judgement on today's trades. calling them bad or good before seeing what becomes of these picks is premature, imo.

I'll rush to judgement and say this was a phenomenal job. Before the day started we were a tanking team. After the day ended we were a tanking team with 3 additional 1st round pick AND a pick swap so far into the future it might legit be a top lottery pick and all we gave up was one useful player who in the end turned out to not be part of our rebuild anyway.

You can't get chickens without eggs, and today we got way more eggs than any of us could have thought.

Thread Information