My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Brian wright is growing up

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think that's lumping together 2 very different periods:
    18-21: kept trying to ride a dead horse, made a few trade/draft blunders.
    22-23: acknowledged reality, made good trades, drafted guys who made sense
    I had honestly given up on the FO, the past year has given me some hope they woke up at least.
    This is a fair assessment and personally I think it speaks to Pop being removed from most decisions outside of facilitating internal conversations where he has continued to add value I suspect.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This is a fair assessment and personally I think it speaks to Pop being removed from most decisions outside of facilitating internal conversations where he has continued to add value I suspect.
    Stop…..put your spoon down! Just watch us cook!! Lol

Emperor Duncan>>>>>King James tim_duncan_fan's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Thank god

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Let's go…..pull your glasses out! Watch Primo's !! Lol

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Tbqh, I think Brian Wright has earned some trust that he is a competent wheeler and deal. In fact, I'm more worried he gets too addicted to this and goes full-Presti.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    We can quibble about timing of the tank. I see the value of trying - valiantly - to keep a decent team going while bringing along young talent. Clearly it wasn't quite working so they flipped DDR for assets and shifted to what we have now.

I think people discount how toxic it is to lose as much as this team is losing. You see it on Keldon at this point, who we will have to move in the next year.

But this team is doing exactly what it should be doing. No long-term, bad contracts (and, no, Dougie's doesn't count, none of them are bad). Lots of cap room. And ac ulate draft capital.

People are freaking because the team isn't making big splashes, like multiple picks for Gobert. But they did very well with the Murray trade. And they seem to be fairly shrewd in how they're spacing their future picks out and trying to anticipate when those picks might convey -- when their teams might start declining.

AND, they pulled at least one really excellent move in that Thad Young trade, which they don't get enough credit for. Using a stray asset from the DDR trade to move up in the draft was one of the best under-the-radar moves this league has seen in the last few years.

This is EXACTLY what must be done.
    You know you’re right. But just once… I want Spurs to splurge on something. I’m occasionally flipping on ST page for something big… oh wait.. it’s happening… Khem Birch?? Who the F is this guy?

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Cute You like me huh? Always with the lame commentary, keep it basketball ( rhymes with itch ).

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I’m unsure if that was edited or not but if I was a child (still kinda am) chocolate milk would be coming out my nose. Thanks for the laugh!
    RC_Drunkford

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I agree mostly, but Pop did have the final say to approve the Murray trade and decide on the direction to go (full rebuild versus trying to reload). Hopefully that did mean he handed the reigns to Wright.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    ^ message for that broad RC Drunkford…….cheers trick!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Tbqh, I think Brian Wright has earned some trust that he is a competent wheeler and deal. In fact, I'm more worried he gets too addicted to this and goes full-Presti.
    hinkie got fired for doing this and his work resulted in the sixers being a top team for a while now

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Cute You like me huh? Always with the lame commentary, keep it basketball ( rhymes with itch ).
    Miss Cleo!!!!!
    Got some sand in your vajaj?
    Poor thing
    Go lick poops taint you will feel better

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The Spurs’ record so far with Brian Wright as GM:

32 - 39
    33 - 39
    34 - 48
    14 - 41, to date

Keeping it real.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The Spurs’ record so far with Brian Wright as GM:

32 - 39
    33 - 39
    34 - 48
    14 - 41, to date

Keeping it real.
    Need a stud player….. hence let’s lose the right way.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    #warchestfull. Next stop: Draft Night! Please re-bump then please����

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    #warchestfull. Next stop: Draft Night! Please re-bump then please����
    I’m here for it!

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Wright's moves have been making sense for a couple seasons now. I have no gripes with any of it.

The vets come in on solid contracts. Show their stuff, set a good example for the pups, then get shipped out a compe ive team when the time comes.

Disappointments like Langford and injured players like Collins get a chance to rehabilitate and integrate or be shipped out when their value improves.

Because the Spurs have a good environment for player development, the players only have so much to complain about.

We continue to churn through the draft and wheel and deal until true centerpiece talent emerges.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    WTF happened here? Did I morph into the board's pumper? KingKev is pimping Wright's moves? And I am seemingly unilaterally getting crapped on for not liking PATFO publicizing the trade demands prior to the deadline, which were not met. Nor am I a fan of the mul ude of SRPs we got in lieu of those expected FRPs.

I used to be on the other side. I'm through the looking glass, living in a bizarro world. How this came to pass is a riddle, wrapped in a mystery, inside an enigma.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    WTF happened here? Did I morph into the board's pumper? KingKev is pimping Wright's moves? And I am seemingly unilaterally getting crapped on for not liking PATFO publicizing the trade demands prior to the deadline, which were not met. Nor am I a fan of the mul ude of SRPs we got in lieu of those expected FRPs.

I used to be on the other side. I'm through the looking glass, living in a bizarro world. How this came to pass is a riddle, wrapped in a mystery, inside an enigma.
    PATFO set the bar incredibly low these last 3-5 years. I’m atleast encouraged that they have a strategy in place and are executing/sticking to it.

The return for Jak/JRich met my already low expectations.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Let’s do the wright thing boys ( pun intended ); give Brian his flowers

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Not really…..just seeing how humble some aren’t

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Good job GM

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Don’t make call names…… no d_ck riding now! Keep that same energy from before….

Thread Information