Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Tbh Spurs have not drafted a single decent player since Presti left for OKC.

Nephew is just a lucky trade that he turn out to be anti-social and autistic enough to spend all his time training and improving his basketball skills.
    Every first round pick since 2016 is either still in the NBA or on a two way. Find me another GM who’s done as well. Go ahead. I’ll wait. The picks were 29,29,18,19,29,11,12,9,20,25,1.
    Last edited by exstatic; 11-22-2023 at 10:10 AM.

Remember Cherokee Parks The Truth #6's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Some of the challenges with our recent FRPs is that they came in on a tanking year, and are now in another losing/tanking experiment year. That's a development issue, but part of the sacrifice to get top talent. We all need to roll with it. It sucks that this year is basically already over but you know, process, et cetera.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm not a fan of the whole "sniffer" joke/narrative, but yeah-- arguing that had Wright drafted better, we wouldn't have gotten Wemby, so it adds up to a win... that's really contorting the analysis to defend everything he's done.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm saying those players aren't playing as well because they came into a crappy team that wasn't trying to win, and still may not be trying to win that much. To me that's not a drafting issue but a coaching development process issue. I'm not saying it explains all of it but it's got to be part of it.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'd rather have Victor + Sochan + Branham + Wesley than those three plus one of Scott Henderson / Brandon Miller / Amen Thompson / Ausar Thompson.
    I get this, and we've longed assumed that had we taken Hali, or Sengun, or those three over Sochan/Bran/Blake that we wouldn't have been bad enough to land Wemby... but in reality, even landing Wemby hasn't prevented us from being bad enough to be in position for the #1 pick.

In any event, it is hindsight, and we aren't the only team who passed on these guys.

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I get this, and we've longed assumed that had we taken Hali, or Sengun, or those three over Sochan/Bran/Blake that we wouldn't have been bad enough to land Wemby... but in reality, even landing Wemby hasn't prevented us from being bad enough to be in position for the #1 pick.

In any event, it is hindsight, and we aren't the only team who passed on these guys.
    22 year old Haliburton in 2022-23 very likely drags this team to more wins than 19 year old Wembanyama in 2023-24 will though. Victor is still way more potential than production right now.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don’t want anymore Americans on the team. Draft some damn Euros. I’m tired of the low basketball iq on this team. AAU has ruined the league. American players are just dumb nowadays and have no idea how to do any fundamentals. Like how tf are we struggling running a pick n roll with a 7’5 giant that is athletic af. Bc nobody on the team knows how to play basketball.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don’t want anymore Americans on the team.
    it used to be the other way around

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Wright doesn't prioritize foreign players like before as far as I can tell. He does like black players who are seemingly congenial and well adjusted, perhaps from small towns or Canada. Perhaps like to whip it out inappropriately.

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don’t want anymore Americans on the team. Draft some damn Euros. I’m tired of the low basketball iq on this team. AAU has ruined the league. American players are just dumb nowadays and have no idea how to do any fundamentals. Like how tf are we struggling running a pick n roll with a 7’5 giant that is athletic af. Bc nobody on the team knows how to play basketball.
    Because the Polish guy forgets the 7'5" guy at the rim half the time?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Wright doesn't prioritize foreign players like before as far as I can tell. He does like black players who are seemingly congenial and well adjusted, perhaps from small towns or Canada. Perhaps like to whip it out inappropriately.
    Wemby - France
    Sochan - England,Polish MNT
    Flasher - Canada (it is a foreign country)

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Because the Polish guy forgets the 7'5" guy at the rim half the time?
    Meh dude was born in the US. But I don’t dislike Sochan at all. I just don’t like him as my PG. Put him where he belongs, high energy guy off the bench who is tough and can rebound then he would be amazing. Rodman started on the bench. I see Sochan as a better Malik Rose (not his style of play) but rather his role to the team

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Every first round pick since 2016 is either still in the NBA or on a two way. Find me another GM who’s done as well. Go ahead. I’ll wait. The picks were 29,29,18,19,29,11,12,9,20,25,1.
    Facts have a way of quieting people…..

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    While I think there's plenty of evidence to support Wright not being any better than average, he's still doing better than the Chicago brain trust.

Their first round draft picks have been busts. I really liked Patrick Williams also but it seems like Dalen Terry at 18 was trash also.

Traded Wendell Carter and 2 firsts (Franz Wagner and Jett Howard) to get Vucevic. Re-signed him.

Traded away Markannen for Derrick Jones Jr, a 2nd, and a Portland first that was protected so it never conveyed and turned into a second rounder that was forfeited anyway for tampering before free agency to get Lonzo

Speaking of, did a sign and trade to get Lonzo who had a history of leg problems

Risked a first round pick to get DeMar DeRozan which they'll probably get to keep because of their trajectory.

So it could be worse.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Wemby - France
    Sochan - England,Polish MNT
    Flasher - Canada (it is a foreign country)
    Ehh. Wemby no brainer. Sochan born in small town Oklahoma. Primo from Canada which I already mentioned. So not quite. Regardless , people are assuming white Euros, which was what I was referring to in my post.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Tre Jones is clearly a Pop play vs a Wright 2023 extend/sign and minutes played decision.

I'm not saying it's correct or not, as the Spurs had to sign a pg and spend money per the CBA.

Just sayin when Popped said he "strongly wanted" or whatever it was he said re Try, Wright had his marching orders 100.

41st overall pick in 2000 and not a lot of dough so all in all ok.
    Where he fits in to long term as a Wemby Championship piece, I'm gonna say no. Can't defend the bigger and faster guards.
    Anyone who might point out a say, Clitter Paul...I'd say ya, CP0.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I saw Wright at RAW tonight at the FB Center. He was with his kid in the merchandise line on his phone probably scrolling around ST

Kind of strange he doesn't travel with the team on road games, unless he is leaving for the short trip to Houston after the event. I would think that the GM's would be at all of the games.

Thread Information