Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Great almost double-double production from both our backup bigs Landale and Zollins.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    We are making the play in!!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Landale being given minutes at PF shows the Spurs’ trust and probably allows Landale to have a future with the Spurs. Him being able to to play there means more opportunity to play as he would have been stuck forever as a 3rd string C.

Lol

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I thought we'd be seeing Collins playing with another big at some point. Still unsure how things work, but clearly there's some good of having Landale out there with him or Poeltl. I just don't think Collins should bother trying to force things inside.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I thought we'd be seeing Collins playing with another big at some point. Still unsure how things work, but clearly there's some good of having Landale out there with him or Poeltl. I just don't think Collins should bother trying to force things inside.
    Collins isn’t the PF in either situation. Collins didn’t play a second with Poeltl and is matched up with the other center when he and Landale were playing.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Still think the Spurs ultimately end up 11th tbh.
    The remaining schedule doesn't look very tough with Portland twice, etc

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Also, Keldon looks to be growing comfortable as a self-creating scorer out there. He truly is blossoming offensively. The way he is contorting his body and adding a little finesse to his drives tells me Manu is making a mark on his development.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The remaining schedule doesn't look very tough with Portland twice, etc

Memphis, Dallas, Denver, Golden State and Minny for 5 of the last 8 games.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Pelicans and Lakers play tomorrow. So this race to be swept by the Suns is going to get tight. Spurs may finish playing Mavs with a resting Luka.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Spurs clinched tiebreaker with Pelicans today (3-1 season series) and almost certainly have it over Lakers (2-2 season but three less losses in the conference).

If three-way, then Spurs will be 5-3. If Pelicans win remaining two with Lakers, they would be 4-3 and Lakers 2-5. If they split, Pelicans will be 3-4 and Lakers 3-4. If Lakers win both remaining, they’ll be 4-3 and Pelicans 2-5.

So looks like Spurs win three-way tiebreaker too.

Can someone confirm?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The play-in has got to be one of the worst additions. I hate that the team is setting themselves up for another post top 10 pick in the lottery.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Also, Keldon looks to be growing comfortable as a self-creating scorer out there. He truly is blossoming offensively. The way he is contorting his body and adding a little finesse to his drives tells me Manu is making a mark on his development.
    I’ve been noticing that lately also. It’s not just him in full running back mustang mode. I often cringe only to see him finish in an organized fashion.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Spurs clinched tiebreaker with Pelicans today (3-1 season series) and almost certainly have it over Lakers (2-2 season but three less losses in the conference).

If three-way, then Spurs will be 5-3. If Pelicans win remaining two with Lakers, they would be 4-3 and Lakers 2-5. If they split, Pelicans will be 3-4 and Lakers 3-4. If Lakers win both remaining, they’ll be 4-3 and Pelicans 2-5.

So looks like Spurs win three-way tiebreaker too.

Can someone confirm?
    Spurs went 2-1 against the Lakers this season so they already own the tiebreaker.

Edit: Nevermind, forgot about their game in Oct.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Collins isn’t the PF in either situation. Collins didn’t play a second with Poeltl and is matched up with the other center when he and Landale were playing.
    Yes, Collins is a PF.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yes, Collins is a PF.
    When someone’s wrong and can’t admit it. Even the quotes by the Spurs’ players themselves tonight say you’re wrong. But go on, live in your alternate reality.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    When someone’s wrong and can’t admit it. Even the quotes by the Spurs’ players themselves tonight say you’re wrong. But go on, live in your alternate reality.
    They literally have the same skill set. You'll see Collins with Poeltl, too. Get over it.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yes, Collins is a PF.
    Only in gimmicky lineups. Every time he's paired with Landale it's Landale who's the 4. Collins's mobility is terrible right now.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The play-in has got to be one of the worst additions. I hate that the team is setting themselves up for another post top 10 pick in the lottery.
    spurs screwing that top 10 pick up

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Only in gimmicky lineups. Every time he's paired with Landale it's Landale who's the 4. Collins's mobility is terrible right now.
    New Olreans literally could not play Valanciunas down the stretch because Collins was too fast. He was too slow for a lineup trying to contain both Landale and Collins.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If you lose the play in it makes no diff. If they wanted to make it really interesting they could reward teams who make the play-in with better draft positioning

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    New Olreans literally could not play Valanciunas down the stretch because Collins was too fast.
    Collins is a tweener. Can’t guard, body, D up or box out a big body. Can’t defend a new age 4. He has ti make up for that on the offensive end. Tonight Marshall got under his skin BIG time. I reserve judgement for the time being as he is still figuring it out but he looks more like your 4th or 5th big versus an impact backup big man.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Damn we going to get another 10 to 12 pick and get some scrub player that will take 4 years to develop

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    New Olreans literally could not play Valanciunas down the stretch because Collins was too fast. He was too slow for a lineup trying to contain both Landale and Collins.
    I've no idea where you're getting this from because Jonas was in the game exactly when Collins was playing and went out when Poeltl came in (6-7 minute mark).

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Damn we going to get another 10 to 12 pick and get some scrub player that will take 4 years to develop
    That's what it's looking like.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Why does Richardson bounce around the league so much? He seems like he has good skill, shoots when he needs to, plays pretty good defense. He seems like a good guy, too.
    I am kind of guessing here but he’s a streaky player that’s currently hot atm. He has long dry spells. At least that was the criticism that came from his time in Dallas. It’s something I can’t vouch for since I don’t watch Dallas or the Celtics.

It’s also possible he was good for the Celtics and he was just the price of getting White, not that they necessarily wanted to trade him. He also seems like the type of roleplayer others would covet and want to deal for and at the same time not someone that changes your team’s fortunes.

Thread Information