Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Jalen Smith & Malik Monk both acquired in sign & trades if possible. ( Dougie back to Indiana or Josh R. ) ( Lonnie to LA for 4/40 or 4/44 )

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Jalen Smith & Malik Monk both acquired in sign & trades if possible. ( Dougie back to Indiana or Josh R. ) ( Lonnie to LA for 4/40 or 4/44 )
    LA can’t work that.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    LA can’t work that.
    ���� We can sign him out right then….. thanks for the correction

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Assuming we don't jump into the top 4:

Deandre Ayton - put a max in front of him and try to negotiate it into an S&T with Poeltl and Richardson going to PHX.

Kyle Anderson - he's not going to get much more than the full MLE (if that), and he's probably the best 4 actually available (especially in a glue guy role).

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'd be ok with those if they came cheap. I'd also be ok with Monk at a higher number if we were to trade for a win now player to pair with DJ. If we don't get a win now player either by trade or lottery luck (yes I realize there's a limit to how win now a rook can be even in the top 4) I'd probably prefer to use our space to facilitate deals and collect assets.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Bryn Forbes and Thaddeus Young.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    these should be your last options not your first two

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    these should be your last options not your first two
    These are mine ; who are your selections?

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Ayton
    Nurkic
    J Smith
    Miles Bridges

I don't like Monk, you have Walker already here for four years and who plays the same role.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Jalen will have to be signed away from Indy. His contract is toxic to them, like it was to Phoenix, and has all the same limitations. He can only be signed or signed and traded for $4.7M. If he’s willing to play for that, they’ll keep him. Considering we paid 3/$21M for a guy with screws in his foot last year, Jalens market will be higher than that.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Ayton
    Nurkic
    J Smith
    Miles Bridges

I don't like Monk, you have Walker already here for four years and who plays the same role.
    Bridges is what Vassell will become/becoming so I don't see them looking at him as an option.

It will be interesting to see who they target for sure in Free agency. How their draft goes, will probably dictate that.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The Spurs have handled the payroll admirably, but unfortunately this year's crop of free agents just isn't too exciting. This might be a better seller's market than buyer's market.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I’d absolutely look at loading up an offer sheet for Anfernee Simons.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    As much as I loved Anderson and as good as he was as a complementary player last season, his injury to his shoulder has affected his shooting and because it’s an injury I don’t think that’s something he can get back, unless he rested a season like Kawhi and let that shoulder rest completely rehabbing only and then take rest games with no back to backs to avoid aggravating the injury…

ok that was an attempt at a joke. I feel like we need it. Guys take themselves and others too seriously here and forget we are fans and basketball is fun to chat and speculate about, though we may disagree often.

Ok back to Anderson, the one from last season yes, the one from this season where his shot is nowhere and he looks in pain again when shooting no. He’s not what the Spurs need in current situation.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Jalen will have to be signed away from Indy. His contract is toxic to them, like it was to Phoenix, and has all the same limitations. He can only be signed or signed and traded for $4.7M. If he’s willing to play for that, they’ll keep him. Considering we paid 3/$21M for a guy with screws in his foot last year, Jalens market will be higher than that.
    I was trying to find info on whether if J Smith is sign and trade, can it be done above the $4.7M. however there does not seems to have a statement on this. I think a fair contract for him now is probably $8 to $10M. There might be team willing to pay him higher.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Malik Monk/ one of the Martin twins (Cody/Caleb) can be cheap but useful role playing free agent signings. And if they dont land a good PF in the draft, they should take a flier on either Jalen Smith or Marvin Bagley.

Every game is game 1 Seventyniner's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Isn't next year's free agent class supposed to be way better than this year's? If so, I could see the Spurs just running it back one more time and renting out cap space for assets again while getting the young players more seasoning. Maybe go after the big fish but please don't splurge on a non-star.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I like Sochan at 9 as a sf/pf. Kessler or Kamagate later in the round 2 draft and stash prospects

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I wouldn't want to sign anyone past a 1 year contract. There are a few names on this list that could better help us long-term

https://www.spotrac.com/nba/free-agents/2023/ufa/

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Some of you might be sleeping on malik�� Way better than Walker

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    LaVine is getting Maxed out by Chicago so he’s off the board. Monk or Jalen Brunson would probably be the next best options if Lonnie moves on. Dallas likely matches any offer for Brunson though.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I’d absolutely look at loading up an offer sheet for Anfernee Simons.
    Same but Portland ain’t letting him go anywhere.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Buy low sell high right? L.A had no idea Malik would snap like he did this year! We are in a unique position to grab him cheaply on a multi year contract; the Jalen situation is the perfect storm for us also����

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I wouldn't want to sign anyone past a 1 year contract. There are a few names on this list that could better help us long-term

https://www.spotrac.com/nba/free-agents/2023/ufa/
    Most players in that list are pretty much unattainable, over the hill, or not that much to begin with. So if there's a real option now that makes sense (say, Jalen Smith), I wouldn't wait.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Same but Portland ain’t letting him go anywhere.
    Yeah agreed. Although it should be said, while unlikely, it’s hard to see Portland investing in Micro Backcourt 2.0 if Dame is staying.

If Dame does request a trade, maybe Portland wants to run the tank bank and load up on assets for the 2023 Wembanyama sweep stakes.

I always thought J. Rich would be a perfect backcourt partner for Dame too…

Thread Information