My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    We just have to figure out which one we are playing in - "It's like the old NBA, isn't it?" Paul said. "I asked one of the refs one time, 'Are we playing in the old NBA or the new NBA?' I was fortunate enough to play in both of them; we just have to figure out which one it's going to be."
    scoring 4 points because ld NBA is so tough ...
    36 yo PG leading the team in the NBA with the best record
    tday's NBA

https://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/...ans-to-look-at

notthewordsofonewhokneels Thread's Avatar
    My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Let us hope that by the time he figures it out he's on the beach earning 20%, without a ring.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Let us hope that by the time he figures it out he's on the beach earning 20%, without a ring.
    Who are you rooting for to win it all this season now that the Lakers are out?

More importantly, who are you rooting against in the playoffs? You seem to have everybody on the list.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm old enough to remember he lost a playoff game by 58 points in that "old" era

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Who are you rooting for to win it all this season now that the Lakers are out?

More importantly, who are you rooting against in the playoffs? You seem to have everybody on the list.
    I'm rooting for State, Celtics and Milwaukee in that order.

Just rooting against the Suns. I don't believe I could stand it.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    We just have to figure out which one we are playing in - "It's like the old NBA, isn't it?" Paul said. "I asked one of the refs one time, 'Are we playing in the old NBA or the new NBA?' I was fortunate enough to play in both of them; we just have to figure out which one it's going to be."
    scoring 4 points because ld NBA is so tough ...
    36 yo PG leading the team in the NBA with the best record
    tday's NBA

https://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/...ans-to-look-at
    isthat why he was better in the okder NBA and he got his ass handed to him by a be@ner yesterday?

Paul is just bitter he couldn’t figure out in game 4 so he’s blaming the game

yesterday’s NBA dudes who are playing today

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm rooting for State, Celtics and Milwaukee in that order.

Just rooting against the Suns. I don't believe I could stand it.
    Wait ... you are rooting for 18 for Celtics? You? Culburn? Giuseppe? Robinson?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    isthat why he was better in the okder NBA and he got his ass handed to him by a be@ner yesterday?

Probably because he is 36 years old when most PGs are way past the date of expiry.

Look at other great PGs at 36.
    Payton - playing as s bit player for the Celtics being outscored by Antoine Walker and Ricky Davis.
    Kidd - playing as a bit player for the Mavs. Sure they won a le but Kidd was a role player at that point
    Isiah Thomas - retired for four years and sexually harassing female employees
    Magic - Playing as a PF in his comeback, generally an embarrassment
    Stockton - S of his former self, reading about some right wing newspaper.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Wait ... you are rooting for 18 for Celtics? You? Culburn? Giuseppe? Robinson?
    Yep. The fire was damn near extinguished after we drew even at 17. Nobody wanted to touch it, so, so be it. Maybe 18-17 would reignite it though, knowing MSM like I do. I can grab jacks and timbers at that point and start back down.

I didn't even have to think about it, just instantaneously grabbed at that lifeline.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Probably because he is 36 years old when most PGs are way past the date of expiry.

Look at other great PGs at 36.
    Payton - playing as s bit player for the Celtics being outscored by Antoine Walker and Ricky Davis.
    Kidd - playing as a bit player for the Mavs. Sure they won a le but Kidd was a role player at that point
    Isiah Thomas - retired for four years and sexually harassing female employees
    Magic - Playing as a PF in his comeback, generally an embarrassment
    Stockton - S of his former self, reading about some right wing newspaper.
    It was just awful. Remember van Exel was so pissed off that he'd lost his spot after working all those years to get it. He was never the same, turned him mean, and then meaner.

Magic didn't want to go thru the ascension again. Just wanted to pick up at precisely where he'd left off. That wasn't gonna happen and he lost his mind thru that impatience.

My Team
    Chicago Bulls
    Post Count
    Yep. The fire was damn near extinguished after we drew even at 17. Nobody wanted to touch it, so, so be it. Maybe 18-17 would reignite it though, knowing MSM like I do. I can grab jacks and timbers at that point and start back down.

I didn't even have to think about it, just instantaneously grabbed at that lifeline.
    Finals will be Warriors vs Celtics

Which poison would you like Thread?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It was just awful. Remember van Exel was so pissed off that he'd lost his spot after working all those years to get it. He was never the same, turned him mean, and then meaner.

Magic didn't want to go thru the ascension again. Just wanted to pick up at precisely where he'd left off. That wasn't gonna happen and he lost his mind thru that impatience.
    Magic made sure Van Exel remembered who was top dog later on as well, threw his pager and broke it when it went off during film session.

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count

Suns were a sh1t franchise before they got Paul. 34-39 the year prior - then 51-21 the year they got old man Paul. 64 wins this year.

Now just imagine what the outcome would be if an actual winner like Jordan played in this sawft era.

Today's NBA.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Suns were a sh1t franchise before they got Paul. 34-39 the year prior - then 51-21 the year they got old man Paul. 64 wins this year.

Now just imagine what the outcome would be if an actual winner like Jordan played in this sawft era.

Today's NBA.
    Psssshh.
    Suns won 16 more games then the season prior and also won 10 of their last 11 games before Paul joined.

Paul helped but was hardly the catalyst.
    Obvious up and coming team with BookerDashian seemingly overcoming the curse and Ayton an excellent young C.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Finals will be Warriors vs Celtics

Which poison would you like Thread?
    State.

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    Psssshh.
    Suns won 16 more games then the season prior and also won 10 of their last 11 games before Paul joined.

Paul helped but was hardly the catalyst.
    Obvious up and coming team with BookerDashian seemingly overcoming the curse and Ayton an excellent young C.

I think he helped quite a bit. Even though it's true that they were trending in the right direction, they were not a 2 seed or going to the finals without him.

And I am not a fan of this guy, overall. But it's hard to deny the impact of veteran moxie and the obvious strong leadership he provides to that team. As someone else mentioned, just compare Paul's numbers and impact to other great point guards at that same age. We can argue it has a lot to do with playing in a now weaker era.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    ^ of course he helped, no doubt.
    Perfect plug n play situation for him.
    Back on the Rockets i felt they were firmly on track to end the Warriors facade before WarriorRef and injury took over.

However
    Curry
    Trey
    Doncic
    Ja
    Even DJ Murray take the Suns to the top, beat Milwaukee last year too. Chrissys not going to imo.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    In the old NBA, TP9 schooled the out of CP3.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think he helped quite a bit. Even though it's true that they were trending in the right direction, they were not a 2 seed or going to the finals without him.

And I am not a fan of this guy, overall. But it's hard to deny the impact of veteran moxie and the obvious strong leadership he provides to that team. As someone else mentioned, just compare Paul's numbers and impact to other great point guards at that same age. We can argue it has a lot to do with playing in a now weaker era.
    When Paul went down injured (finger) the Suns were 6 games up on number 2. When Paul came back the Suns were 8 games up.

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    When Paul went down injured (finger) the Suns were 6 games up on number 2. When Paul came back the Suns were 8 games up.
    Yeah thats because #2 completely fell apart

Enemy of the System Millennial_Messiah's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    More like coasting. GSW is still likely going to win the ship. Their shooting prowess and Donkey's nastiness transcends home court advantage.

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    More like coasting. GSW is still likely going to win the ship. Their shooting prowess and Donkey's nastiness transcends home court advantage.
    I got Boston winning it. They just have that look to me.

Enemy of the System Millennial_Messiah's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Milwaukee is still the favorites back East, but Boston sure has a bit of a poor-man's 2001 Lakers sort of "that super hot finally complete team down the stretch" aura

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Then why didn't other teams surpass them?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    They always have that look in the playoffs until they don't.

Thread Information