Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456789 LastLast
    My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count
    > "We were 3-4 around the same time last year. We went to the NFCCG.

We were 3-5 around the same time in 2021. We even lost four in a row. We went to the NFCCG."

Little signs presently of 49ers returning to Super Bowl. But I guarantee we will right the ship and return to NFCCG

MN
    McCaffrey probably shouldn't have even been out there. He fumbles. Sets the tone. 2nd straight week we look disinterested.
    Was this about the record?
    I would think when a player misses a game the record continues the next game the player plays in.

Bengals.
    Find it hard to believe Purdy was fully recovered from concussion in 6 days.

The is going on in Frisco?

My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count

3rd straight defeat. Much needed Bye week.

My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count
    MN

Was this about the record?
    I would think when a player misses a game the record continues the next game the player plays in.

Bengals.
    Find it hard to believe Purdy was fully recovered from concussion in 6 days.

The is going on in Frisco?
    Christian's TD streak was snapped @ Cleveland

Ya hindsight Purdy probably also should have sat but he played well enough. He's a gunslinger and it cost him on that INT at the goal line. He missed a handoff and tried to adapt. Peyton never did that, he would ground the 1st Down screw up and focus on the next snap.

Quick thoughts:
    We haven't been able to consistently run since Trent went out. Penalties are putting us in 1st & Long. Until Deebo returns, McCaffrey should be moved into the slot and Mason/Elijah pound the rock inside. Also we are playing alot from behind because...

Defensively: I was wrong about Wilks. He better have an awakening during the BYE because we aren't winning a SB playing this vanilla defense. It's all zone with major cushion in the middle. Romo was calling out coverage during the telecast. The defensive line is lacking creativity and I think they are instructed so. It's nothing but bull rushes. Our blitzes aren't disguised.

Burrow 19 straight completions. As someone said elsewhere - that's difficult to accomplish in Madden.

We have a string of games upcoming against strong QBs. They will eat up this scheme if Wilks doesn't get creative and aggressive.

running?
    Because he caught a TD pass for 17th straight.

18th vs Cinci

I believe he has tied the record.

My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count
    Ya hindsight Purdy probably also should have sat but he played well enough. He's a gunslinger and it cost him on that INT at the goal line. He missed a handoff and tried to adapt. Peyton never did that, he would ground the 1st Down screw up and focus on the next snap.

Quick thoughts:
    We haven't been able to consistently run since Trent went out. Penalties are putting us in 1st & Long. Until Deebo returns, McCaffrey should be moved into the slot and Mason/Elijah pound the rock inside. Also we are playing alot from behind because...

Defensively: I was wrong about Wilks. He better have an awakening during the BYE because we aren't winning a SB playing this vanilla defense. It's all zone with major cushion in the middle. Romo was calling out coverage during the telecast. The defensive line is lacking creativity and I think they are instructed so. It's nothing but bull rushes. Our blitzes aren't disguised.

Burrow 19 straight completions. As someone said elsewhere - that's difficult to accomplish in Madden.

We have a string of games upcoming against strong QBs. They will eat up this scheme if Wilks doesn't get creative and aggressive.
    CMC got a TD on the first drive in Cleveland tbh.

Think he was fine initially at the start of the game but hit his head on the ground again; hopefully he got checked out at some point. Regardless, Purdy needs to be better but so does the oline.

Wilks needs to be fired now; don't wait until its too late.

17 now tied with Lenny Moore.

Can break record @ Jags

My Q is if a player sits out a game, like it sounds like McCafree should have and maybe still should.....does the streak stay alive?
    I would think so.

My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count

My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count
    for one of their compensatory third rounders to boot

Veteran
    My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count
    Restaaaaaaaaaaaaaacked

My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count
    Need to shore up that secondary.

Investigation please.

3rd round pick is b.s. collusion.

My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count
    Looks like they didn't make any moves to fix their secondary. The Young trade is nice but at the end of the day their biggest weakness remains. I don't see them beating the Eagles or whoever comes out of the AFC.

My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count
    Looks like they didn't make any moves to fix their secondary. The Young trade is nice but at the end of the day their biggest weakness remains. I don't see them beating the Eagles or whoever comes out of the AFC.
    Ya Wilks has me legit scared. His resume is kinda meh. We change DCs so often it was destined to not pan out at some point.

Big test for Kyle. I don't think nor expect him to can Wilks mid-season but he needs to sit him down over this Bye week. This hiring is a direct reflection on Kyle. So figure it out.

My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count
    17 now tied with Lenny Moore.

Can break record @ Jags

My Q is if a player sits out a game, like it sounds like McCafree should have and maybe still should.....does the streak stay alive?
    I would think so.
    Difficult to find an answer on Google. I found 2 examples

Joe Thomas consecutive snaps
    Farve consecutive starts

Both were snapped because of injury.

Both were snapped because of injury.
    That would explain the opening drive fumble vs Minn.

My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count
    That would explain the opening drive fumble vs Minn.
    Elijah looked alright last week. He's been angering me.

Heading into the NFCCG I was expecting the 3 ponies and then hour before the game Elijah pulled out.

McCaffrey is MVP. See how 2nd Half developes but he is my choice. Difficult to convince Christian to sit. He's the smartest, most gifted and technically skilled player on the field

Until Deebo returns 49ers should use McCaffrey in the slot and pound Mason/Elijah inside

My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count

Life with Chase Young lining up opposite Bosa. Wilks was also moved from the booth onto the field.

Everyone is back on Offense. Ayiuk has been the biggest benefactor. He's a complete WR. Surprisingly the rushing game is still just good and we are running McCaffrey into the ground. Where are Mitc & Price. Let them pound inside.

We lost Hufanga today. He is a flashback to the days of Polamalu, Reed and Harrison. When Safties controlled the game. He's young and made costly aggressive mistakes but will continue to improve. This makes our vanilla approach by Wilks even more so but we'll be fine

Strap in fellas

Big picture: Give me 2-1 in this span. Preferably we split with Seattle but asking to defeat these Eagles twice in 1 season is a bit much. Likely drop this one and see them in the NFC Playoffs

Bad news: I don't think we catch the Lions. Their schedule is a cakewalk. We still play the Ravens. Right now we will be #3 seed.

My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count

Life with Chase Young lining up opposite Bosa. Wilks was also moved from the booth onto the field.

Everyone is back on Offense. Ayiuk has been the biggest benefactor. He's a complete WR. Surprisingly the rushing game is still just good and we are running McCaffrey into the ground. Where are Mitc & Price. Let them pound inside.

We lost Hufanga today. He is a flashback to the days of Polamalu, Reed and Harrison. When Safties controlled the game. He's young and made costly aggressive mistakes but will continue to improve. This makes our vanilla approach by Wilks even more so but we'll be fine

Strap in fellas

Big picture: Give me 2-1 in this span. Preferably we split with Seattle but asking to defeat these Eagles twice in 1 season is a bit much. Likely drop this one and see them in the NFC Playoffs

Bad news: I don't think we catch the Lions. Their schedule is a cakewalk. We still play the Ravens. Right now we will be #3 seed.
    Wouldn't shock me if the Lions end up 8-9 tbh, that franchise is cursed.

My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count

My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count

My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count
    3-0

Hey ho let's go
    Last edited by FrostKing; 12-19-2023 at 06:25 AM.

My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count

Essentially 1.5 game lead in the NFC race over Eagles. Lions need us to drop 2 of 4 remaining.

We are rolling since acquiring Young, moving DC Wilks to the field and having all our Offensive weapons back

I like the confidence and sense of invisibility we currently have knowing we've never lost with a healthy Brock, Mc, Deebo and Trent but we can drop 1 of the remaining 3. Health is priority #1.

Likely we enter the final week vs Rams with nothing to play for but our winning streak over them. They are peaking as well and we should avoid a wrestling match with them.

So who do you guys favor/predict for the MVP race? IMO I think Brock & Christian will cancel each other out but I'm in the minority and would vote McCaffrey.

My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count

My butt still sore from the Christmas evening butt kicking. I tried to watch as much as possible right in the thick of Christmas dinner. First Loss with this full squad. Sloppy 1st Half like Super Bowls usually are. Ravens dominated the 3rd Quarter to cruise to victory. No major injuries suffered although Trent will be shelved until possibly the Playoffs.

I imagine the game film must have resulted in head scratching. McCaffrey rushes for over 100 yards and yet Purdy tosses 4 INTs.

I think the word of the day is - hindsight. And you wanna be saying that in December not in 2024

> Defensively we looked okay. Hindsight should have been more aggressive. Seemed we rolled out the Hurts playbook and Lamar is better. Bottomline - 0 turnovers forced

> Offensively it seemed Kyle wanted to beat the Ravens and not just win the game. We still have the #1 seed. We challenged Purdy to see where we stand. Some bad luck on the tips but this is life with Gunslinger.

Classic 49ers defeat - defensive line pressure especially up the middle. But that's the NFL. We use the same recipe. I am still confident we conqueror the NFC. SB Sunday is always a wacky affair, and looks to be again.

Rams Finale might be a hairy affair. Let's hope both teams are locked in a Playoff spot and can avoid a bunker battle.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count
    WE staaaaaaaaaaaaaaacked

Thread Information