Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 456789 LastLast
    My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count
    Tough to come back from tonight, but if there's a team built for it it's this one.

My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count
    Greenlaw's injury looms large. He might not play at all next season.

49ers already favorites for next year, interesting

Shanahan has been OC / HC in 3 Superbowls with a double digit lead.
    0-3

My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count
    Shanahan has been OC / HC in 3 Superbowls with a double digit lead.
    0-3
    All were against GOAT-level QBs tbh.

My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count
    Loooong game with alot to unpack and second guess. I'm avoiding national mainstream coverage and recaps at the moment.

My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count
    Loooong game with alot to unpack and second guess. I'm avoiding national mainstream coverage and recaps at the moment.
    All comes down to that muffed punt tbh. That being said, the freak Greenlaw injury was a huge deal as well.

My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count
    All comes down to that muffed punt tbh. That being said, the freak Greenlaw injury was a huge deal as well.
    I saw the muff punt increased KC winning probability from 24% to almost 50%

Ya before Greenlaw went out the Chiefs were unable to sustain a drive. It also neutered the aggressiveness of Wilks.

2 plays with the biggest outcome influence

Chiefs fell on 5 fumbles.

I saw the muff punt increased KC winning probability from 24% to almost 50%

Ya before Greenlaw went out the Chiefs were unable to sustain a drive. It also neutered the aggressiveness of Wilks.

That's some Brady Curry level luck.
    What is this backup guy doing on the roster?

My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count
    That's some Brady Curry level luck.
    What is this backup guy doing on the roster?
    He wasn't prepared to step in the 2nd Half of a SB. Wilks isn't innovative enough to draw up a gameplan on the fly. Because of our lack of depth at LB and heavy reliance on the 2 LBs, Greenlaw was Top 4 defender we couldn't lose mid game.

My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count

Brutal. Backup goes off script on arguably most important play. Probably just mentally overwhelmed by the moment

49ers won't be this talented again but can make less mistakes. It's a bit hodge podge roster of talent still transitioning to new QB and #1 offensive weapon.

Brutal defeat that shined unpleasant holes in the entire operation but there are still a few deep Playoff runs left with this core. Purdy improving can offset talent decrease AND improving major weaknesses i.e. Oline and special teams. We will be back. Bang bang.

Brutal. Backup goes off script on arguably most important play. Probably just mentally overwhelmed by the moment

49ers won't be this talented again but can make less mistakes. It's a bit hodge podge roster of talent still transitioning to new QB and #1 offensive weapon.

Brutal defeat that shined unpleasant holes in the entire operation but there are still a few deep Playoff runs left with this core. Purdy improving can offset talent decrease AND improving major weaknesses i.e. Oline and special teams. We will be back. Bang bang.
    What is this guy saying? He changed his blocking assignment?

My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count
    What is this guy saying? He changed his blocking assignment?
    Assignments can change according to how the Defense lines up and how the play develops. He probably panicked, he's a backup

All he had to do was fall infront of Chiefs best defender and Ayuik is wide open in the back of the end zone because their corner fell down.

My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count

Womp womp. Kyle finally got a coaching hire wrong.

notthewordsofonewhokneels Thread's Avatar
    Post Count

Womp womp. Kyle finally got a coaching hire wrong.
    They'll be celebrating here like Billy-be-jiggered. They hated him here, and with a passion. They had to pay him for several season for not coaching and that bugs 'em no end.

My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count
    Concerning part is there seems to be more post game drama now compared to the last 2 SBs. We made alot of mistakes as a team and some of that probably should fall at the feet of Kyle. 49ers were ready but not razor sharp.

Technically we did once again improve on the previous season so there are things to be optimistic about. We can sacrifice talent in some aspects to shore up big holes in others.

But I do fear there is s shock and yes doubt settling in. Will fans continue to pack opposing stadiums in the regular season?

All the things that went wrong - it still went the distance in OT. On the flip side the Chiefs basically went 4 Playoff Quarters without scoring. They were going thru the motions for half this game. Their defense was tight, maybe better than 2019. But to lose to that rather gimp offense is yah sad. Wilks defense had no answer when Mahomes gave up and just started running.

What do you think?
    Last edited by FrostKing; 02-17-2024 at 02:10 AM.

My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count
    Concerning part is there seems to be more post game drama now compared to the last 2 SBs.

We made alot of mistakes as a team and some of that probably should fall at the feet of Kyle. 49ers were ready but not razor sharp.

Technically we did once again improve on the previous season so there are things to be optimistic about. We can sacrifice talent in some aspects to shore up big holes in others.

But I do fear there is s shock and yes doubt settling in. Will fans continue to pack opposing stadiums in the regular season?

All the things that went wrong - it still went the distance in OT. On the flip side the Chiefs basically went 4 Quarters without scoring. They were going thru the motions for half this game. Their defense was tight, maybe better than 2019. But to lose to that rather gimp offense is yah sad. Wilks defense had no answer when Mahomes gave up and just started running.

What do you think?
    Shanahan is fine tbh, but they need to nail the new DC and revamp their special teams imo. Feels like a lot of the finger pointing is being overblown by the media.

My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count
    Shanahan is fine tbh, but they need to nail the new DC and revamp their special teams imo. Feels like a lot of the finger pointing is being overblown by the media.
    I'm not thrilled Wilks is gone, it wasn't the main reason we came up short. But I'm happy it was done quickly. Media went bonkers. No players went to bat for him.

Kyle might need to bring in an OC or Co-HC. There might be too much on his plate. We made mistakes all postseason.

Roster wise I feel confident. Draft OL & LB. We went into the SB with 2 linebackers. Everything that went terribly wrong I voiced to my best bro that bet hundreds. And I'm not super insight. In a classic game those holes will likely rear their head. Hufanga is back should balance out the loss of aggressive Greenlaw. Kinlaw & Chase. All about the money. Kinlaw I'd like to bring back.

Deebo. Bad postseason. 2nd straight subpar season. But his cap hit isn't do-able til after next season. We should transition with Purdy to tall WRs that can run the route tree. If you saw our postgame offensive stats before the game you would have thought we got blown out. Kittle blew his shoulder in that fumble highlight i'm sure you've seen. He is paid okay for a RT as he's played haha.

My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count

Traditionally SuperBowl hangover teams blow. Aside from Buffalo Bills.

But streaks were made to be broken.

I fear the 49ers will look back at this as the one they let get away and do not get another Bowl appearance for years.

Guy who tried to pick up the punt fumble vs falling on ball said he has no regrets about how he played it. Give him an at ude adjustment or get him the phuck out.

My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count
    Niners got the schedule from next season. Now I'm starting to doubt they make the playoffs.

My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count
    Niners got the schedule from next season. Now I'm starting to doubt they make the playoffs.
    Tough to guage NFL schedules with so much parity. We probably won't have the #1 seed this time around.

More cap space is great news for a team coming off OT loss. We will only lose DL depth.

DC hiring seems to be heading towards in house hire. Some of the bigger names avaliable are not compatible with the system we run. Same with Wilks and it might have been too much to overcome.

I expect us to trade a bit down in the draft and get a Week1 starter. Over the last 6 SBs, we probably had the weakest Offensive Lines of all teams considered.

My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count

Selling my sports jerseys before the move. I'm gonna bring Young & Owens' back to Europe.

I was hoping to get a current player on my way out. I'll wait for Champion.

My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count

Selling my sports jerseys before the move. I'm gonna bring Young & Owens' back to Europe.

I was hoping to get a current player on my way out. I'll wait for Champion.
    Bruh, Willis and Gore were the backbone of the Niners of the late 00s/early 10s. Wouldn't get rid of their jerseys unless it was for a fortune.

My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count

Staley assistant Head Coach. Surprise move, I like. Too much on Kyle's plate. 49ers return to previous Defense. More aggressive Dline play.

Thread Information